Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2010, 01:49 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I didn't even bother responding because when people are arguing nonsense it's almost like their trying to convince themselves and not even worth the effort. I could come up with more reasons then you did, yet if the Knicks were the ones to pull this deal off then it would be a silver lining for them and he would be trying to explain how it was such a steal.

I know I wanted to be done with this argument 4 posts ago but it keeps reeling me back in. It's a bad habit I have.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:51 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron tried to stay in Cleveland, he wanted Bosh to sign with the cavs. Bosh said he is not living/playing in that sh**hole they call Cleveland. Lebron can't wait till the Cavs decide to draft/trade/sign some that is actually good. West,Williams, Jaimson and veraja(w/e his name is are locked up for awhile.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:51 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like what Wilbon said;

"Maybe I'm just old. But I'm from the viewpoint that guys challenged each other and built up their teams to be winners. They didn't join their competitors in the primes of their careers."

Maybe it's just a new generation. With free agency the way it is, things have changed. Loyalty really is no longer a factor in decision making and players will do whatever it takes to get paid and to win, regardless of "legacy."

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Why do people keep saying it's Dwayne Wade's team? Lebron James is the best player on that team. Who cares if Wade's been there for longer? It's a completely new roster.

Some fans will still line up with Wade, out of loyalty for their title in '06. But this is a brand new team, LeBron is the biggest star in the NBA and once he goes off for 30/10/10 in a playoff game Miami fans will have been won over.

Shiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:54 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I didn't even bother responding because when people are arguing nonsense it's almost like their trying to convince themselves and not even worth the effort. I could come up with more reasons then you did, yet if the Knicks were the ones to pull this deal off then it would be a silver lining for them and he would be trying to explain how it was such a steal.
It wouldn't be a silver lining for me if he signed with the Knicks cause we don't have a crappy player and his contract that nobody wanted to take. We are not going around begging teams to take somebody off our hands like Miami with Beasley. If we did I still wouldn't consider a good deal for the team that takes the crap just a good deal for the Knicks. Just like how I consider it a good deal for the Heat.

But w/e you and Yo tell yourself w/e you want idc. W/e helps you two sleep at night I have my opinion on the deal you two have yours so be it.

I have been over with Lebron not choosing the Knicks for a while and I am perfectly happy with Stat, Anthony Randolph and Gallo.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:55 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Lebron tried to stay in Cleveland, he wanted Bosh to sign with the cavs. Bosh said he is not living/playing in that sh**hole they call Cleveland. Lebron can't wait till the Cavs decide to draft/trade/sign some that is actually good. West,Williams, Jaimson and veraja(w/e his name is are locked up for awhile.
Exactly, and had Bosh went it was a given he would have returned. He wasn't going to be on a team who had it's hands behind there back as far as what type of moves they were able to do. Cleveland wouldn't have been able to add another all-star caliber player for another two years. And if Bosh and Wade were in Miami with him in Cleveland, they would be out of the playoffs in the 2nd round probably every year until something drastic changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:56 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing I do know. That is a lot of ego to fit on one team. It may have worked for a month or so with the Dream Team, but we'll have to see how it plays for the next few years.

Kobe and Shaq grew tired of each other. MJ and Pip had their battles. Should be an interesting dynamic as this team grows together (I see this potentially happening with Bosh, who is already being put on the back burner). I believe he said he wanted to be the "centerpiece" of a championship team. Yea, that's not going to happen.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:56 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want to trade VC and it would be a good off-season, regardless of what just happened last night.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:57 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
One thing I do know. That is a lot of ego to fit on one team. It may have worked for a month or so with the Dream Team, but we'll have to see how it plays for the next few years.

Kobe and Shaq grew tired of each other. MJ and Pip had their battles. Should be an interesting dynamic as this team grows together (I see this potentially happening with Bosh, who is already being put on the back burner). I believe he said he wanted to be the "centerpiece" of a championship team. Yea, that's not going to happen.

The difference between those situations is that Kobe and Shaq didn't choose eachother and neither did MJ and Pip. LBJ/Wade/Bosh all have to know going in that they aren't going to have the ball as much or score as much.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like what Wilbon said;

"Maybe I'm just old. But I'm from the viewpoint that guys challenged each other and built up their teams to be winners. They didn't join their competitors in the primes of their careers."

Maybe it's just a new generation. With free agency the way it is, things have changed. Loyalty really is no longer a factor in decision making and players will do whatever it takes to get paid and to win, regardless of "legacy."
WIlbon the same guy that gets upset when he hears people say that Kobe is on the same level as bird and magic. Also the same person that was all happy when their was reports that Lebron to Bulls was a done deal
Old 07-09-2010, 01:59 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilbon is a giant D Bag, I could care less what he says.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-09-2010, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like what Wilbon said;

To me, that is a BS argument from Mike Wilbon. What about the Lakers and Celtics teams in the 80s? Didn't they hoard superstar talent and basically ran their respective conferences for an entire decade?

Magic Johnson/James Worthy/Kareem Abdul Jabar
Larry Bird/Tony Parish/Kevin McHale

Of course they didn't "join" their competitors; free agency wasn't what it is now. Besides, Wade and Bosh are not LeBron's competition. Miami and Toronto have been afterthoughts. LeBron's competition is the big-3 in Boston and the LA Lakers. The result is no different now (Miami and LA) then it was back in the 80s (Boston and LA), just the means that it was accomplished.

Besides, anyone who thinks that the rest of the NBA is going to roll over and Miami won't have a tough road ahead is crazy. Los Angeles still has Kobe, Artest, Odom, Gasol and Bynum; Chicago has Rose, Deng, Boozer and Noah.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:00 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
The difference between those situations is that Kobe and Shaq didn't choose eachother and neither did MJ and Pip. LBJ/Wade/Bosh all have to know going in that they aren't going to have the ball as much or score as much.
Theus, Wilkins and Malone did it with the Hawks though and it tanked.

Quote:
Old 07-09-2010, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I just want to trade VC and it would be a good off-season, regardless of what just happened last night.
Oh yeah me too

I am a Magic's fan, I wanted them to trade Rashard Lewis ( he has max contract can you believe that) and VC for Lebron. I know the CAvs would never do that but i can dream
Old 07-09-2010, 02:02 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I usually like Wilbon but yeah he is coming d-baggish on this. Who gives a **** about legacy. No one's legacy has them winning championships alone. The closest guy in my lifetime was MJ, but MJ had Pippen, Wade had Shaq, Kobe had Shaq, Kobe now has Gasol, Magic had Kareem, and so on so forth. And LeBron will have D-Wade and Bosh.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:02 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Lewis would be fine, if we ditch VC and move him back to SF. They play terrible off eachother and Lewis is getting older, he cant stay a PF forever.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-09-2010, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I wish I knew more about Chris Bosh. But he played in Toronto and I honestly don't know much about his game. He averages 24/10, he is 6'11", is he like Pau Gasol? Can someone give me a more detailed analysis of how he will play in Miami?

Old 07-09-2010, 02:05 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
To me, that is a BS argument from Mike Wilbon. What about the Lakers and Celtics teams in the 80s? Didn't they hoard superstar talent and basically ran their respective conferences for an entire decade?

Magic Johnson/James Worthy/Kareem Abdul Jabar
Larry Bird/Tony Parish/Kevin McHale

Of course they didn't "join" their competitors; free agency wasn't what it is now. Besides, Wade and Bosh are not LeBron's competition. Miami and Toronto have been afterthoughts. LeBron's competition is the big-3 in Boston and the LA Lakers. The result is no different now (Miami and LA) then it was back in the 80s (Boston and LA), just the means that it was accomplished.

Besides, anyone who thinks that the rest of the NBA is going to roll over and Miami won't have a tough road ahead is crazy. Los Angeles still has Kobe, Artest, Odom, Gasol and Bynum; Chicago has Rose, Deng, Boozer and Noah.
Worthy and Magic were drafted by the Lakers. Kareem joined them later.

McHale and Bird were both drafted by the Celtics. Parish joined them afterward.

Wade and Bosh would've been LeBron's competition in the East if he didn't sign there, no doubt about it. They had what, $20 million to add pieces on to that team.

More power to him for joining the Heat. I have my opinions about it, but I don't think I need to restate them.

Quote:
Old 07-09-2010, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Didn't Kobe take take the easy way out? why didn't he say no I don't want RonRon, Gasol or Odom on my team cause i'm pretty sure all of them have been all-stars before

@sweetness Kareem was their before Magic
Old 07-09-2010, 02:06 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Otis is too content to sit and make signings like Chris Duhon. He'll overpay for Redick which will strap us up long term financially. He already let the TPE expire. We drafted a couple of chumps. I expect NOTHING good to happen for the Magic. I also expect Dwight to leave in 2012 to join Chris Paul and the Lakers.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:08 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wish I knew more about Chris Bosh. But he played in Toronto and I honestly don't know much about his game. He averages 24/10, he is 6'11", is he like Pau Gasol? Can someone give me a more detailed analysis of how he will play in Miami?
Bosh is more the offensive player Garnett has been. He has a good mid range game, Pau plays more around the hoop compared to Bosh.

And when i say Bosh is like Garnett i do not think he is on that level of player, just similarities in their play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:09 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Otis is too content to sit and make signings like Chris Duhon. He'll overpay for Redick which will strap us up long term financially. He already let the TPE expire. We drafted a couple of chumps. I expect NOTHING good to happen for the Magic. I also expect Dwight to leave in 2012 to join Chris Paul and the Lakers.
Nah, CP3 and Dwight will find their way to Miami as well and we will start the olympic starting 5 as our starting 5.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:10 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Extremely talented. Put up 24 and 10 this year. Not much of a defender, but isn't terrible either. Can post up or shoot it from outside.

I'd say Gasol is more skilled around the basket than Bosh. Chris is a unique player.

He compliments Wade/LeBron extremely well. Questions though about his toughness and lack of playoff experience.

Btw, how did Kobe take the easy way out?

Quote:
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
We were in serious sign and trade talks for Al Harrington a few days ago. :(

As for Redick...yeah, we're probably over paying for him...but I'd honestly rather him start then VC these days.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Didn't Kobe take take the easy way out? why didn't he say no I don't want RonRon, Gasol or Odom on my team cause i'm pretty sure all of them have been all-stars before

@sweetness Kareem was their before Magic
If you are comparing Ron Artest and Lamar Odom to guys such as Bosh and Wade youre nuts lol

Im a huge lakers fan, and i love those 2 guys....but they are more role players compared to the superstars that are Wade and Bosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote