Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is James Harden your favorite player?
Yes 63 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Favors exploded today in summer league. granted it's summer league, but we were without the other 2 good players with T-Will playing only 5 minutes and James sitting out (both due to injury)

23 points, 11 boards, and ZERO turnovers. win. I do love me some Favors and really think/hope he and Bropez can be a pure sex tandem for many years to come
honestly, harris/twill/outlaw/favors/bropez could turn into a very nice starting five... with the cap space the nets still have, they just need to stay pat. damion james should be sick off the bench too.

i actually kind of like the outlaw signing, but what do i know... :/
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if this was posted already but on Fathead.com you can get a Lebron fathead for $17.41. The signifigance is that it's the year Benedict Arnold was born. Gilbert owns Fathead. You can't make this stuff up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At the end of the day your love for your hometown isn't going to help you take down the Lakers and neither is Byron Scott or all the other ****** additions they made. All of the "efforts" they made through out the years to finally make a championship were average at best and without Lebron making everyone better they are less than average.

Super teams are nothing new to the NBA, more than half the championships belong to two teams. Why do people act like its ever been a highly competitive league for even a medium period of time?
Old 07-09-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I don't know if this was posted already but on Fathead.com you can get a Lebron fathead for $17.41. The signifigance is that it's the year Benedict Arnold was born. Gilbert owns Fathead. You can't make this stuff up.
Haha.

Personally, I think all these shinanigans by Gilbert are awesome.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Favors exploded today in summer league. granted it's summer league, but we were without the other 2 good players with T-Will playing only 5 minutes and James sitting out (both due to injury)

23 points, 11 boards, and ZERO turnovers. win. I do love me some Favors and really think/hope he and Bropez can be a pure sex tandem for many years to come
I may be joining you as a Nets fan lol. Not following LBJ to Miami, like a lot of the Net's young pieces along with the Bucks (well, B. Jennings) and Wizards (Wall!!!).

Successful group of teams, eh? Hah.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
At the end of the day your love for your hometown isn't going to help you take down the Lakers and neither is Byron Scott or all the other ****** additions they made. All of the "efforts" they made through out the years to finally make a championship were average at best and without Lebron making everyone better they are less than average.

Super teams are nothing new to the NBA, more than half the championships belong to two teams. Why do people act like its ever been a highly competitive league for even a medium period of time?
And that's why the NBA is ******* stupid. Celtics or Lakers 50% of the time. It is so ***.

My gripe with LeBron isn't that he left the Cavs. He was a free agent, he can go where ever. My gripe with LeBron is that he ******* had some ******** egotistical HOUR LONG special to tell people where he signing. My gripe is that he is copping out and going to Miami to play with two other stars and forming a super team, rather than going to his own team so he could beat that super team. That is what the greatest player of all time would do.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I may be joining you as a Nets fan lol. Not following LBJ to Miami, like a lot of the Net's young pieces along with the Bucks (well, B. Jennings) and Wizards (Wall!!!).

Successful group of teams, eh? Hah.
I hear that. I will join you on the Nets bandwagon. I will still root for the Wolves, no matter how much it pains me, but I will add the Nets to my tier two, right next to the Thunder :)

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-09-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Dan Gilbert owns Fathead. He cut the price of the LBJ one from $100 to $17.41, 1741 was the year Benedict Arnold was born.
What a dumbass. I kind of wish I was able to get one at that price. I don't really know what the hell I'd do with a LeBron James fat head though anyway.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if you're ever cold it can keep you warm.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you combat the big three?

PG Jameer Nelson
SG J.J. Redick
SF Rashard Lewis
PF Al Harrington
C Dwight Howard

Oh yes. HA.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best comment to sum up LBJ leaving Cleveland:

City: Columbus
Name: Seth
I think this is the first time in history one man managed to destroy an entire city by himself. Even the Enola *** had a flight crew.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

As I said before, LeBron leaving is like Mauer leaving the Twins. He wouldn't be welcome back. If he ever tried to fly into the Twin Cities, there would probably be riots at the air port. I feel for Cleveland and definitely understand their reaction.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-09-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am sorry but Dan Gilbert whored him..

And I want to buy the Miami Heat package
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The person that will be getting the short end of the stick in all of this Miami Thrice or Three MyEgos (amigos? get it? I heard it on the radio last night) is Erik Spoelstra. He's IMMEDIATELY going to be the scapegoat for any short falls they have. In fact he might already be on the hot seat if they don't win their opening game, which isn't really fair.

Also if they dont win I can see analysts and Miami fans alike saying "we need a true pg!!!!!!! Mario Chalmers sucks!!!!"
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about if you think these are similar. LeBron leaving would be like Joe Mauer leaving to the Yankees.
If lebron went to the lakers or celtics that would be valid. Lebron has shown he doesnt care much for Cleveland sports. The cavs barely had fans before Lebron was there. Now it will be back to normal.

edit: On another note Favre is still a bigger d-bag than Lebron. Lebron all things considered did this fairly quick. Brett will take over an entire summer and has done this for about 3 years.Were in a time where HIGH SCHOOL kids get air time for deciding on where they will play college ball. The system in place for allows for this where athletes are built to believe they are better than everyone.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Last edited by Bob Sanders Dreadlock : 07-09-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
How do you combat the big three?

PG Jameer Nelson
SG J.J. Redick
SF Rashard Lewis
PF Al Harrington
C Dwight Howard

Oh yes. HA.
So your off season plan is to sign the two worst guys from the Knicks excellent lol.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've read through the last 10 or so pages of this thread and i thought i would throw in my 2 cents.

What I've learned from this free agency is that Lebron James was not who we thought he was. During his 7 years in Cleveland he realized that he doesn't have the competitiveness and mental toughness to lead a team to a title. I think he's incredibly relieved to not be the guy on his team anymore because he learned that he was never going to be strong enough to shoulder that role.

This is why Miami was able to land Lebron, because Riley and Wade are the only ones that truly understood Lebron's mind. Chicago and NY tried to challenge Lebron to be an all time great and lead their teams to championships. They tried to play to his competitiveness and desire to be great, but obviously Lebron is heavily lacking in both of those areas. He only wanted titles.

I'm not upset that Lebron chose Miami because i understand he is desperate for championships. I'm more so disappointed that when it came time for the most hyped up and talented athlete of our generation to show his true colors, they were as far from a "King" as you can get. No matter how many rings he wins, Lebron will never go down as one of the truly great players this league has seen. This is unfortunate because the idea that he was going to be one of the greats has been shoved down our throats ever since he entered the league. Ever since he was on the map Lebron told us that he wanted to be the next MJ. I don't know if he was lying or if he had a change of heart, but from now on he will never be more than the 2nd coming of Scottie Pippen.

Nothing stood out to me more than when Lebron said "Dwayne is unselfish for allowing me and Chris to come to his team." I can't think of one all-time great player that would ever say that. No one that says that sentence would ever be capable of leading a team to a title on his own.

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So because he's now playing with Dwade he's no longer great? So lets discredit everything he's done because he's now with wade, lets discredit him for taking the cavs to the playoffs on his own for countless years. He had no help for the **** hole he was at, his owner didn't help him find anyone to help. He brought in ****** players that did nothing. Now he goes out and goes to a team that will give him a better chance to get a ring, people are still criticizing him for doing so. And of course he would say it's Dwade's team, why would he go out and say, "it's my team now". It's respect he has for Dwade cause it is his team. All this Lebron hate is ridiculous, the amount of pressure everyone puts on him for not having a ring is ridiculous. Everyone will always find a way to nit pick and hate what he does no matter what. It's hard reading what half of you are writing because all it sounds like is blind hate to me.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
I've read through the last 10 or so pages of this thread and i thought i would throw in my 2 cents.

What I've learned from this free agency is that Lebron James was not who we thought he was. During his 7 years in Cleveland he realized that he doesn't have the competitiveness and mental toughness to lead a team to a title. I think he's incredibly relieved to not be the guy on his team anymore because he learned that he was never going to be strong enough to shoulder that role.
Where were you in the 2007 series against the Pistons? Leading a pathetic, bottom of the barrel team to the NBA Finals. The 2008 series against the Magic, one of the great in the history of the NBA, only to lose because the rest of your team sucks. He has been one of the most competitive, most mentally tough player in the league. He couldn't do it on his own. No one can.

Quote:
This is why Miami was able to land Lebron, because Riley and Wade are the only ones that truly understood Lebron's mind. Chicago and NY tried to challenge Lebron to be an all time great and lead their teams to championships. They tried to play to his competitiveness and desire to be great, but obviously Lebron is heavily lacking in both of those areas. He only wanted titles.
They played up to his desire to be famous and wealthy. NY and NJ's entire pitch was to make him a "billionaire" while he plays with two mediocre rosters, basically Cleveland with a better night life and more fans. Chicago was like Miami in a way, but without LeBron's friends or the master Pat Riley at the helm the Bulls lost the tie-breaker.

Quote:
I'm not upset that Lebron chose Miami because i understand he is desperate for championships. I'm more so disappointed that when it came time for the most hyped up and talented athlete of our generation to show his true colors, they were as far from a "King" as you can get. No matter how many rings he wins, Lebron will never go down as one of the truly great players this league has seen. This is unfortunate because the idea that he was going to be one of the greats has been shoved down our throats ever since he entered the league. Ever since he was on the map Lebron told us that he wanted to be the next MJ. I don't know if he was lying or if he had a change of heart, but from now on he will never be more than the 2nd coming of Scottie Pippen.

Nothing stood out to me more than when Lebron said "Dwayne is unselfish for allowing me and Chris to come to his team." I can't think of one all-time great player that would ever say that. No one that says that sentence would ever be capable of leading a team to a title on his own.
He has to say that, until he proves to the Heat fans/organization through his play that he is the guy. Make no mistake, if he plays in Miami like he did in Cleveland, it will be his team, his town in no time.

Last edited by Shiver : 07-09-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:57 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
If lebron went to the lakers or celtics that would be valid. Lebron has shown he doesnt care much for Cleveland sports. The cavs barely had fans before Lebron was there. Now it will be back to normal.

edit: On another note Favre is still a bigger d-bag than Lebron. Lebron all things considered did this fairly quick. Brett will take over an entire summer and has done this for about 3 years.Were in a time where HIGH SCHOOL kids get air time for deciding on where they will play college ball. The system in place for allows for this where athletes are built to believe they are better than everyone.
I don't really think those situations are comparable. Favre the entire time could have retired. The Packers had prepared for him retiring for a while and had someone ready in the wings. They were ready to move on. LeBron gave the Cavs every hint during the season that he'd be back, up until free agency started and he shut contact down completely. Now obviously LeBron couldn't say he was gonna leave during the season because that would obviously cause a rift between the team and maybe he didn't even know yet, but I would expect a superstar with his power to really force his hand in the Amare deal, he really should have made it clear that he needed a star with him or that might jeopardize his future with the team. For the record he was on board with the Jamison deal, and Jamison was an Allstar caliber forward. The thing is that LeBron knew that leaving Cleveland and his hometown essentially would kill the franchise. Now he has no obligation to the franchise or the city but still he waited so that the Cavs had zero shot at using their 13 mil of cap even if they were able to convince someone to come. I still believe that bigger than playing with Wade or Bosh, his biggest reason for choosing the Heat is location. I feel like New York and Chicago were to close for him. He wanted to get as far away from Ohio as possible.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Heat are trying to sign Raja Bell. Defense, shooting, versatility, all things you need in a bench. Do not doubt that Pat Riley will work his magic and build an average-above average supporting cast. Mario Chalmers, Mike Miller, Raja Bell would be a great start.

prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post

It doesn't matter where he went, he deserted his home town team.

What is your point with Favre? Of course he is a douche.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-09-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those who're interested:

Per Rotoworld:
Chris Broussard said on ESPN Friday that a big reason that LeBron James didn't sign with the Bulls is that they didn't offer enough perks for LeBron's family and friends.
One of LeBron's buddies was hired by the Cavaliers and he wanted his entourage to be able to travel on the Bulls' tab, but the team, according to Broussard, said 'we didn't do that for Michael Jordan, so we're not doing it for you.'

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
For those who're interested:

Per Rotoworld:
Chris Broussard said on ESPN Friday that a big reason that LeBron James didn't sign with the Bulls is that they didn't offer enough perks for LeBron's family and friends.
One of LeBron's buddies was hired by the Cavaliers and he wanted his entourage to be able to travel on the Bulls' tab, but the team, according to Broussard, said 'we didn't do that for Michael Jordan, so we're not doing it for you.'
You would think his vitamin water commercial could pay for them to travel.
zachsaints52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I doubt that was a major factor, I think the gravitational pull of D-Wade, Chris Bosh and Pat Riley was too strong for him to resist. But I think that his relationship with his inner circle has done him a lot of damage in this whole ordeal and he hasn't had good advice on how to handle different things that have come up.