Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Figuring in Chalmers salary, that gives the Heat about $14 million or so in cap room. Son of a *****.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
I'd be glad that he joined the Knicks, but that is not to say that my image of him still would have been the same. That he has joined a stratum of egoness that perhaps only Barry Bonds has reached. Perhaps I and others wouldn't be feeling this way if he just said earlier on I'm going to play with the heat instead of making it a huge show. This was signed and done once the free agency period started, and the fact that he made everyone come to him and bow before him and basically for some teams beg, even though his mind was probably set is what ticks me off the most.

We knicks fans begged and prayed he would come, cause this man could have revitalized the down trodden franchise. He just insulted us, cause there was never a real shot. Its like a smokin hot girl flirting with you all night, making you buy her drinks and maybe dinner, take her around down only to say at the end, thanks for everything, but I'm planning to go meet up with your hotter friend cause he probably can show me a better time.

Never again, if Carmelo or Tony Parkers wants to come, I'll welcome them with open arms, but I'm done setting myself up thinking that yes we can get him.
Sounds like that's your problem, not LeBron's. Thinking that people 'begged' and 'prayed' for LeBron to come to the Knicks is being completely melodramatic, too. People do realize this is just a basketball game right? Everyone is acting like he betrayed his country. I'm passionate about sports but I'm not going to blame him for going to the best situation to win. Nor am I going to do so when in holding that 'special' he raised millions of dollars for the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, took less money to sign with the Heat, and decided to put winning before his 'legacy'.

And stop pretending like you know what LeBron was thinking. Yeah I guess he all strung us along and knew he was going to the Heat and had Bosh wanted to go to the Cavs everyone (including Dan Gilbert) would be declaring him a hero instead of a coward. And don't kid yourselves thinking that every team that met with LeBron was more than happy to be strung along and at least have a chance to pitch him to come to their team.

I know, I know, I've said it a million times now but it's just silly how everyone can be so hypocritical about this issue.

Also by joining the Heat it went against every action of somebody who supposedly has the biggest ego in the world. People are calling him a coward now because supposedly he DOESN'T want the spotlight now and would rather let Wade deal with it. Funny how this stuff works.

I guess if your image of him wouldn't have changed than if he'd come to the Knicks you'd still have that moronic "Witness a coward" motto in your sig. If LeBron is acting like a hot chick stringing everyone along then I guess that must make you the guy who struck out with a hot chick and now is spreading rumors and talking **** about that chick for spite.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:52 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nb...ory?id=5368470

If they can sign the Bulls and with their earlier signing of Korver and Boozer would give the Bulls a very solid team.
Rose, Redick, Deng, Boozer, Noah. Yup, solid.

__________________________________________________ ______

The Heat send two future first-round and two second-round picks to the Cavaliers for James, while packaging two first-round picks to the Raptors for Bosh.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:55 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
where are you getting this absolutely wonderful news from?
http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/201...free_agen.html

Very good signing for them.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-10-2010, 01:00 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"I knew this was going to evolve a while ago," Heat executive Alonzo Mourning (FSY) said Friday. "We knew a long time ago. We did our due diligence on our recruiting trip, and we had a good feeling about this. When we came back, we knew that it pretty much was going to evolve in our favor."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baske...me-party_N.htm

Cue the conspiracy theories. If this whole F/A thing was for show, I wish very bad things upon all 3 of them.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Lebron to Chicago would have made way mores sense. Boozer All-Star Post presence, Rose is going to be a great player but I don't think he is a leader, Noah is the perfect role player, Deng would be great off the bench, and if they'd have Lebron all they would really need a is another big man next to Boozer. Lebron would of been the heart soul of an excellent team that would only get better. They could of been laughing at Wade, Bosh, and a bunch of crappy players.

The Heat are what they are, we shall see how the ball is spread. I don't doubt they want to win and their willingness to share, but I do doubt their effectiveness when not being the main outlet.

I agree with anyone saying that Lebron would be hated anywhere he went other than a return. New York fans are pretty wack, they are sore losers and this is coming from a Knicks fan. I'd be upset if I were Cleveland to I don't really blame them, but they have taken it to the extreme just a bit. I think Lebron made a terrible move with that whole television special crap, even if it was for charity, just donate that **** that you apparently don't need, and don't make yourself look like an egotistical ass whilst flipping the bird to your hometown the whole time.

I guess it's a little late, but that is just my two cents on this whole fiasco.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:33 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Sounds like that's your problem, not LeBron's. Thinking that people 'begged' and 'prayed' for LeBron to come to the Knicks is being completely melodramatic, too. People do realize this is just a basketball game right? Everyone is acting like he betrayed his country. I'm passionate about sports but I'm not going to blame him for going to the best situation to win. Nor am I going to do so when in holding that 'special' he raised millions of dollars for the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, took less money to sign with the Heat, and decided to put winning before his 'legacy'.
wait wait wait are you serious? this is actually a good thing now?? If this was all for his philanthropic efforts why didn't he just sign a f****** check instead of putting on a spectacle.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Chicago was the best fit until the Mike Miller deal, and now it looks like they are going to be able to bring Haslem back. Has anyone mentioned Zydrunas as a vet minimum possibility?

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:39 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I thought Chicago was the best fit until the Mike Miller deal, and now it looks like they are going to be able to bring Haslem back. Has anyone mentioned Zydrunas as a vet minimum possibility?
I haven't on here, but my drunk ass was bitching about this with a few buddies for awhile tonight and we thought about big Z as a perfect fit in Miami. He might clog the lane too much??

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:42 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Pretty sure that LeBron doesn't want that curse with him.....

Although it might put Gilbert over the edge completely into insanity.......MAKE IT HAPPEN RILES!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:52 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

With Udonis Haslem and Mike Miller to the Heat I think the best available FA's for Miami, excluding Derek Fisher who I think will re-sign with the Lakers, are Raja Bell, Kurt Thomas, Nazr Mohammed or Joel Anthony, and Keyon Dooling.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by diabsoule : 07-10-2010 at 02:01 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:53 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give em Bell and Dooling and they got a title.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:57 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Give em Bell and Dooling and they got a title.
That's what I'm thinking.

Starting rotation:

PG: Chalmers
SG: Dwade
SF: LeBron
PF: Haslem
C: Bosh

BN: Dooling (PG)
BN: Mike Miller (SG/SF)
BN: Raja Bell (SG/SF)
BN: Joel Anthony (PF/C)
BN: Muhammed or K. Thomas (PF/C)

Yeah, that's deep and title worthy.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by diabsoule : 07-10-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post

And stop pretending like you know what LeBron was thinking. Yeah I guess he all strung us along and knew he was going to the Heat and had Bosh wanted to go to the Cavs everyone (including Dan Gilbert) would be declaring him a hero instead of a coward. And don't kid yourselves thinking that every team that met with LeBron was more than happy to be strung along and at least have a chance to pitch him to come to their team.

I know, I know, I've said it a million times now but it's just silly how everyone can be so hypocritical about this issue.

Also by joining the Heat it went against every action of somebody who supposedly has the biggest ego in the world. People are calling him a coward now because supposedly he DOESN'T want the spotlight now and would rather let Wade deal with it. Funny how this stuff works.

I guess if your image of him wouldn't have changed than if he'd come to the Knicks you'd still have that moronic "Witness a coward" motto in your sig. If LeBron is acting like a hot chick stringing everyone along then I guess that must make you the guy who struck out with a hot chick and now is spreading rumors and talking **** about that chick for spite.
Epic post you killed him TKO
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:07 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
I'd be glad that he joined the Knicks, but that is not to say that my image of him still would have been the same. That he has joined a stratum of egoness that perhaps only Barry Bonds has reached. Perhaps I and others wouldn't be feeling this way if he just said earlier on I'm going to play with the heat instead of making it a huge show. This was signed and done once the free agency period started, and the fact that he made everyone come to him and bow before him and basically for some teams beg, even though his mind was probably set is what ticks me off the most.

We knicks fans begged and prayed he would come, cause this man could have revitalized the down trodden franchise. He just insulted us, cause there was never a real shot. Its like a smokin hot girl flirting with you all night, making you buy her drinks and maybe dinner, take her around down only to say at the end, thanks for everything, but I'm planning to go meet up with your hotter friend cause he probably can show me a better time.

Never again, if Carmelo or Tony Parkers wants to come, I'll welcome them with open arms, but I'm done setting myself up thinking that yes we can get him.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-10-2010, 02:28 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
i hate chuuuuu.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:51 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For all the talk about how Lebron strung everyone along, how do you guys know that Wade didn't know he wanted to return to Mia all along. So it's not a problem he strung Chicago along, and went back for a 2nd visit? It's a freaking FA visit, who gives a **** if a player knows what team he wants to sign with before visits, you guys act like FA never existed before Lebron James started doing it, and that this stuff doesn't happen with nearly every player.

He's doing his due diligence by taking ever visit as he should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:56 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
For all the talk about how Lebron strung everyone along, how do you guys know that Wade didn't know he wanted to return to Mia all along. So it's not a problem he strung Chicago along, and went back for a 2nd visit? It's a freaking FA visit, who gives a **** if a player knows what team he wants to sign with before visits, you guys act like FA never existed before Lebron James started doing it, and that this stuff doesn't happen with nearly every player.

He's doing his due diligence by taking ever visit as he should.
Its just like how players that are committed to certain colleges still go on other visits to keep their options open and see other campuses.

Have to look into every possible destination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:04 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've tried not to sip the Lebron haterade THAT much these past 24+ hours, besides nothing would be sweeter than to see Kobe hopefully get his sixth ring against this team, but climb on board into the hot tub time machine where I bring you back to the year 2006. This is an exact quote from Lebron:

Quote:
I don't want to go ring chasing, as I call it; you know, going to a team that's already pretty established and trying to win a ring with them. I want to stay with the Cavs and build a champion.
This essentially proves that Lebron was scared.... He no longer believed in his own abilties to be able to build and lead a championship team. So although the "witness a coward" sentiment may be a bit harsh... it essentially is true....

This is no fault to his own. I learned in my management class to attack one's behavior not their personality for their personality is just a representation of who they are. This is Lebron, though we all had higher expectations for him, he unfortunately did not see the predefined greatness we all affixed to him.

Last edited by soybean : 07-10-2010 at 03:09 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:10 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
I've tried not to sip the Lebron haterade that much these past 24+ hours but climb on board into the hot tub time machine where I bring you back to the year 2006. This is an exact quote from Lebron:

This essentially proves that Lebron was scared.... He no longer believed in his own abilties to be able to build and lead a championship team. So although the "witness a coward" sentiment may be a bit harsh... it essentially is true....
The issue I have with your assessment is that Cleveland never committed to building a championship team around him. They were fine with bringing in mediocre talent around him and letting LeBron be LeBron. Gilbert's hands are just as dirty as others in creating the "monster" that is LeBron. So he went to Miami, its happens but he is staying somewhat true to his word because they are damn sure building that team down in South Beach. The only difference is they are starting with a very solid foundation.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-10-2010, 03:17 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
The issue I have with your assessment is that Cleveland never committed to building a championship team around him. They were fine with bringing in mediocre talent around him and letting LeBron be LeBron. Gilbert's hands are just as dirty as others in creating the "monster" that is LeBron. So he went to Miami, its happens but he is staying somewhat true to his word because they are damn sure building that team down in South Beach. The only difference is they are starting with a very solid foundation.
hmm...interesting. can't say i completely disagree....

btw... I believe the next great story or debate will be the Durant (Good) vs. Lebron (Evil) comparisons because in the midst of all this hoopla and media frenzy... Kevin Durant has been on the bench in Las Vegas being the number 1 cheerleader for his summer league squad.

Everyone better jump on the Durant bandwagon quick before the self proclaimed "true fans" begin kicking people off.

Last edited by soybean : 07-10-2010 at 03:35 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:44 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
hmm...interesting. can't say i completely disagree....

btw... I believe the next great story or debate will be the Durant (Good) vs. Lebron (Evil) comparisons because in the midst of all this hoopla and media frenzy... Kevin Durant has been on the bench in Las Vegas being the number 1 cheerleader for his summer league squad.

Everyone better jump on the Durant bandwagon quick before the self proclaimed "true fans" begin kicking people off.
Durant is my favorite player in the NBA. I love his personality and his style of play.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:50 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Orlando doesn't match that offer on Redick.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:59 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I hope Orlando doesn't match that offer on Redick.
Didn't Orlando already publicly state that they would match any offer made to Redick?
Old 07-10-2010, 04:00 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God that's an awful offer for Reddick.

How does Korver get 15 over 3 years, but Reddick gets 20 over 3. Ridiculous. Just because you have the money now, doesn't mean you have to blow your load and spend every penny to overpay people.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote