Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2007, 01:14 AM    (permalink
socaldude
Rookie

socaldude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Dub4President View Post
That really sucks, I was hoping that this would be a breakout year for Shaun. If I were the Clips I'd give him another year to see if he can come back from the injury, trade Maggette, and physically light a fire under Chris Kaman's ass (because there's no way you're trading his contract).
Totally AGREE! I hope Livingston can come back next season, cuz thats a season ender for sure. They should've really traded Maggette this season since he's really unhappy. I was afraid that the Clippers would give Kaman a huge contract and Kaman not play to his potential. Happens most if not all the time. Players play hard their last year of their contract and then when they get paid they dont care anymore. It really sucks...which is probably the reason so many people like watching college basketball better.
socaldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:22 AM    (permalink
socaldude
Rookie

socaldude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This just in...Shaun Livingston dislocated his knee altogether not his kneecap like i thought. DAMN! That's even worse. I hope he can bounce back next season.
socaldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:58 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Magic have actually been playing pretty bad basketball themselves as of late. Glad to see them bounce back off the lowly Bulls. Hope this starts a string of wins.

Darko isn't going anywhere. He and Dwight are only 21 years old. They'll grow old together.

Jameer on the other hand... He needs to go.

Side note: Dwight and Darko had 16 rebounds EACH! :D ...and yes, Ben Wallace was on the court.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:37 AM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ouch.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:41 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was watching that game, it looked so damn painful. Gotta feel sorry for the kid.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:44 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know it hurts when they go into the fetal position.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:47 AM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

In related news, Dwayne Wade looks like a total woman now.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:45 AM    (permalink
L6
Rookie

L6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Darko is very talented. Although some of his buckets tonight were UGGGLLLYYY!

Kinda pisses me off though because we just folded down the stretch there. Eh oh well, our schedule gets a bit easier now.
The only ugly make he had tonight that i remember was the banked in jumper from the top of the key, but hey when you're on that stuff happens

the magic are in great shape on their front court, Howard/Milicic/Ariza is going to be one of, if not the best front court in the league in a few years, 3 21 year olds showing crazy potential, no doubt darko will get extended, otis smith has already said that they will match any offer he gets... now we just need some gaurds that can play... im still not convinced nelson is more than just a spark plug off the bench, redick showed great offensive potential, but hes a liability on defense, and even if both reach their potential, theres no way they could both be starters at the same time, too short

btw, we were coming off of a back to back as well, and we were on the road

one more thing, i was very impressed with how quietly efficient luol deng is... i dunno i barely noticed him out there but at the end of the day he had a nice stat line, seems like a really effective player to have, doesnt seem like the kinda guy who can be a #1 option, because hes a perimiter player whos not very good at putting it on the floor, but hes definitly the kind of player any team would like to have
L6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The Magic have actually been playing pretty bad basketball themselves as of late. Glad to see them bounce back off the lowly Bulls. Hope this starts a string of wins.

Darko isn't going anywhere. He and Dwight are only 21 years old. They'll grow old together.

Jameer on the other hand... He needs to go.

Side note: Dwight and Darko had 16 rebounds EACH! :D ...and yes, Ben Wallace was on the court.
The lowly Bulls? That made me laugh. It was just a flat out ugly game for both teams. Congrats on the win but the "lowly Bulls."

And btw, rip on Nelson all you want but he won you that game down the stretch.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

I still would've given up Loul Deng for Pau Gasol, if Paxson pulled the trigger on that one, the Bulls would be right up there with the Pistons.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I still would've given up Loul Deng for Pau Gasol, if Paxson pulled the trigger on that one, the Bulls would be right up there with the Pistons.
Can you say cap hell? I can.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

Quote:
True, I forgot about that. Exactly what would be the Bull's cap situation if they gave up Gordon and Deng for Gasol? Y'all should've kept Tyson Chandler.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Arent Gordon and Deng up for extensions soon? What they will be asking for is likely in the neighborhood of what Gasol would cost. It wasnt a cap issue why they didnt do the trade. The bulls just were completely against giving up Deng. From a financial stand point the trade would have worked.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
True, I forgot about that. Exactly what would be the Bull's cap situation if they gave up Gordon and Deng for Gasol? Y'all should've kept Tyson Chandler.
Tyson and Skiles didn't get along at all, and Pax really didn't want him anymore. He never worked on his game and he always complained about PT. Personally, I was glad to see him go. And it's good to see him get a fresh start and doing well.

Deng and Gordon are both still on their rookie contracts, so it wouldn't have been much cap room. Hinrich and Big Ben signed HUGE contracts this offseason though, and that's the majority of our cap right now.

Quote:
Old 02-27-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Arent Gordon and Deng up for extensions soon? What they will be asking for is likely in the neighborhood of what Gasol would cost. It wasnt a cap issue why they didnt do the trade. The bulls just were completely against giving up Deng. From a financial stand point the trade would have worked.
Deng will get an extension over Gordon. But that isn't until next season. The Bulls will opt to take that 4th year with both of them I believe.

And I have my doubts about Gordon getting resigned. If he isn't scoring, he's useless on the court, and he showed that last night.

Hinrich is making a ton of money, Big Ben is making a ton of money, and then you want to add in Gasol who's contract is ginormous. It ain't gonna happen. I see Big Ben though getting moved before his contract is up.

The big man is a need, but I was on Pax's side on this one all the way. Deng hasn't even reached his full potential yet. And we can win the East with this roster. John has built this franchise up from the laughing stock of the East to a contender in the East, so I trust his judgement.

And from what I've heard, he might make a run at KG in the offseason.

Quote:
Old 02-27-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

cap hell is greatly exagerated....
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
L6
Rookie

L6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Hinrich is making a ton of money, Big Ben is making a ton of money, and then you want to add in Gasol who's contract is ginormous. It ain't gonna happen. I see Big Ben though getting moved before his contract is up.
I doubt ben gets moved, unless hes traded in his final year to someone looking for cap releif. The deal you guys gave him was rediculous.

And cap problems arent that big of a deal in the NBA because you can still resign your own guys to go over. In a market like chicago that should really be no problem.
L6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Livingston tore his ACL, MCL, PCL, and dislocated his left knee cap, and he'll be out 8-12 months. Livingston is really getting hurt far too much in his career, and if he doesn't put on weight, he'll probably turn into the point guard version of Jonathan Bender. So much potential, just too many injuries and just too thin.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Lebron James feller is puuuuurty good. He's worth keeping an eye on.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
That Lebron James feller is puuuuurty good. He's worth keeping an eye on.
I'm waiting for him to take over this league. He's a great player, but I'm a little disappointed that he just hasn't taken over like I thought he would have by now.

He's got all of the tools in the world to be one of the greatest who ever lived.

Quote:
Old 02-27-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
So Livingston tore his ACL, MCL, PCL, and dislocated his left knee cap, and he'll be out 8-12 months. Livingston is really getting hurt far too much in his career, and if he doesn't put on weight, he'll probably turn into the point guard version of Jonathan Bender. So much potential, just too many injuries and just too thin.
I love the way they introduced the video of it on ESPN. "We warn you that if you are squemish, this video is extremely graphic and painful to watch, so here it is"

Yeah, like I'm going to look away.
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm waiting for him to take over this league. He's a great player, but I'm a little disappointed that he just hasn't taken over like I thought he would have by now.

He's got all of the tools in the world to be one of the greatest who ever lived.
Watch the highlights of tonight. It was the epitomy of taking over. But yes, he is yet to be as dominant as it could be.

He's also building another house in the Cleveland/Akron area. I think he's here to stay.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

122-101 Milwaukee. What can Redd do for you
Old 02-27-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Watch the highlights of tonight. It was the epitomy of taking over. But yes, he is yet to be as dominant as it could be.

He's also building another house in the Cleveland/Akron area. I think he's here to stay.
Oh I've seen him take over games before. It's just that he fades off from time to time. That and he has some horrible shot selection. But hey, he's still what, 22 years young.

Got a lot to learn and a lot of room to grow still. It's absolutely freightening how good this guy can be. He's one of the best players in the league right now and he hasn't even peaked yet. :shock:

His outside game needs more consistency (especially from 3), he needs to improve his free throw shooting, and he needs to learn how and when to get his teammates involved.

That's something that separated MJ from any other player. He knew when to take over, and when to get his teammates involved.

Quote:
Old 02-27-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

Nash was beastly against Indiana. Glad to see that he got his shot back.