Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePudge View Post
Miami isn't the best team in the league until they shore up their front-court. Chris Bosh can not, and does not like to, cover the 5. Are we going to see 20 minutes a night from Dexter Pittman? Big men win championships in the NBA and having Gasol and a budding young player in Andrew Bynum should be enough for the Lakers to remain atop the league. The Heat threw pieces together but the team that was crafted best over time is the Los Angeles Lakers.... Not to mention I think Miami's going to have a hell of a time with Orlando in the East.
I think we (Orlando) are ****** actually. Wade and Lebron have single handedly beaten us in the past. Dwight should excel against them and Jameer should play well, but other than that, they're a mismatch nightmare. We have no one to even slow Lebron or Wade. Pietrus can only do so much and is on the block and Barnes, our other top defender, wont be coming back. It really is a nightmare, Orlando doesnt stand a chance, as of right now.

VC on Wade? That has no chance in hell of working.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Z comes, Bosh/Z/Haslem/Anthony/Pittman is pretty decent length/strength/rebounding from the bigs. Not to mention the Heat's defensive scheme really won't allow Howard/Pau/Bynum to just go one on one with people. The Heat last year allowed the 2nd fewest PPG and had the 2nd lowest shooting % against, and we replace QRich with LeBron and Beasley with Bosh. In a playoff series dominant bigs will get theirs, but people are really focusing way too hard on one question mark and saying the Heat won't win because of it.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of Nets publications seem to think Courtney Lee or T-Will's days are numbered in NJ. With little left on the market...they may move one for a starting caliber PF.

Brandon Bass for C-Lee sounds pretty sexy to me. :D hahaha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Considering Miami has like 9 mil left, and Haslem won't start for the Mavs, wtf are they gonna offer him?
Yea because Haslem will start for the Heat. What, is he going to play C? That would be hilarious.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Yea because Haslem will start for the Heat. What, is he going to play C? That would be hilarious.
winner winner chicken dinner

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, but why would he take the same money and the same PT to leave Miami and play for the Mavs? The point was the Mavs can't offer MORE than the Heat, not exactly what the Heat can.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-12-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
A lot of Nets publications seem to think Courtney Lee or T-Will's days are numbered in NJ. With little left on the market...they may move one for a starting caliber PF.

Brandon Bass for C-Lee sounds pretty sexy to me. :D hahaha.
It better be Lee. If we trade T-Will, babies will be punched.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, but why would he take the same money and the same PT to leave Miami and play for the Mavs? The point was the Mavs can't offer MORE than the Heat, not exactly what the Heat can.
No, but saying he wouldn't start as part of your reasoning is contradictory considering he wouldn't in Miami either. Your point was in that area as well.

Maybe Haslem is being guaranteed a lot of PT in Dallas, I don't know. Not everyone wants to play for your super team, get over it.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
It better be Lee. If we trade T-Will, babies will be punched.
Don't let Joe M Charlie see this!!! Or he will punch YOU in the face!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
No, but saying he wouldn't start as part of your reasoning is contradictory considering he wouldn't in Miami either. Your point was in that area as well.

Maybe Haslem is being guaranteed a lot of PT in Dallas, I don't know. Not everyone wants to play for your super team, get over it.
Thank you for telling me what my argument was as well as answering the question as to what the Mavs could offer Haslem that the Heat couldn't. You really helped in this discussion!

Quote:
Wade was a 1 man wolf pack, but when he met Bosh he knew he was 1 of his own, and his wolf pack grew by one. There was 2 in the wolf pack, Wade was first and Bosh joined in later. Then Thursday when Lebron said Miami, Wade thought, wait a second, could it be? Now he knows for sure, he just... added... 1...more guy to his wolf pack, 3 wolves, running around South Beach looking for Championship Rings!
:D

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-12-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's more along the lines that the Heat would invest a considerable amount of the remaining cap room they have left to Haslem and limit their other FA possibilities. So, from what I understand, Dallas is outbidding Miami, basically putting Haslem in a position where he'd earn more in Dallas because Miami will want to sign other guys and can't offer the same, for the same playing time

It would come down to Haslem's priorities: money or loyalty.

I might be wrong on this, but it's what I think is happening.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Thank you for telling me what my argument was as well as answering the question as to what the Mavs could offer Haslem that the Heat couldn't. You really helped in this discussion!
MG pretty much summed up my thoughts on Haslem. Read his post and then respond.

Quote:
Old 07-12-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wade was a 1 man wolf pack, but when he met Bosh he knew he was 1 of his own, and his wolf pack grew by one. There was 2 in the wolf pack, Wade was first and Bosh joined in later. Then Thursday when Lebron said Miami, Wade thought, wait a second, could it be? Now he knows for sure, he just... added... 1...more guy to his wolf pack, 3 wolves, running around South Beach looking for Championship Rings!
But along came a Black Mamba, silently slithering closer and closer. The wolves were way too caught up with themselves, playing and toying around. The Mamba was concentrated, focused only on the kill. Without warning, he attacked, defeating not one, not two, but all three wolves. They knew not what happened. They believed themselves to be invincible. They are a strong pack, and they will eventually come back stronger and more humble. They'll learn not only from the experience, but from the attacker as well. It will be a very important lesson for them.

But for now, the reining beast remains the Black Mamba. As he has been for a long, long time.

Props to clover_jeez!

Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn : 07-12-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Also, I had forgotten about this.

Boom! Headshot.

Bruce Bowen was a dirty, dirty player.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-12-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Also, I had forgotten about this.

Boom! Headshot.

Bruce Bowen was a dirty, dirty player.

Love me some Bruce Bowen. I love dirty NBA players. Wonder who the dirtiest guy in the league is right now?
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Love me some Bruce Bowen. I love dirty NBA players. Wonder who the dirtiest guy in the league is right now?
There was actually a poll carried out by SI where NBA players voted on different categories, and one was dirtiest player.

This is how the results came up.

Quote:
Reggie Evans, Raptors F 21%

Ron Artest, Lakers F 13%

Andres Nocioni, Kings F 6%

Anderson Varejao, Cavs C 5%

Kobe Bryant, Lakers G 4%
Chris Kaman can vouch for Reggie Evans' dirty play. He claims that during 2006, Evans pulled his testicles during a game.

edit: here's the SI article.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...6789/index.htm

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-12-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey fenikz, who's the guy on the right on your sig?
Hakim Warrick

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

I thought this was a pretty good read, see if you guys like it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/100709

Also, I support this message:
Quote:
Via Twitter
@nadav_mor
As a Kobe fan, I just want to thank LeBron. Debate is over and done with. Next up, Kevin Durant.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-12-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought this was a pretty good read, see if you guys like it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/100709

Also, I support this message:
Yeah I loved that read. God damnit, LeBron pisses me off.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-12-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Yeah I loved that read. God damnit, LeBron pisses me off.
I love Bill Simmons, period.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I love Bill Simmons, period.
Yeah, me too. He is my favorite sports writer. I own both of his books.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-12-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Chris Kaman can vouch for Reggie Evans' dirty play. He claims that during 2006, Evans pulled his testicles during a game.
haha that's no claim. that's fact:

btw while browsing I also came upon this which I thought was pretty funny

soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how Bill Simmons has completely reversed his opinion though. When Boston assembled the big-3 he was a big fan of it. Now, under similar circumstances, he doesn't think it will work if you don't have an 'alpha-dog.'

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/070730

Read that article and tell me he isn't using the opposite logic now.

It is ESPN talking head syndrome. Take the common belief and spin it so you can be an iconoclast. The only person who does it better than Bill Simmons is Skip Bayless.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I love how Bill Simmons has completely reversed his opinion though. When Boston assembled the big-3 he was a big fan of it. Now, under similar circumstances, he doesn't think it will work if you don't have an 'alpha-dog.'

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/070730

It is ESPN talking head syndrome. Take the common belief and spin it so you can be an iconoclast. The only person who does it better than Bill Simmons is Skip Bayless.
Come on, the two situations aren't even that similar. Allen, Pierce, and KG were all on the declines of their career. None of them were even a top 5 player in the league, much less two of the top 3 and another top 10 player. Also, those guys were assembled via trade. There is a lot different in those two situations, and I don't even think they are comparable.

Plus, Simmons is a huge Boston homer, so even if they were comparable situations, he would still support Boston.

Bonekrusher.

Quote: