Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2010, 09:25 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwyane thinks you're funny

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:33 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wait. Rose will somehow learn how to defend Wade and shut him down. Then Deng will realize he actually isn't worthless, and shut Lebron down. Then Boozer will be all like "LOL look at my tats" and Bosh will cower in fear.

Then the Heat will be undone by the ugliest man on the planet, and Kyle Korver. Book it.

Sigh...:(

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:39 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

actually, Boozer would beast Bosh, because Bosh is a pansy. And DG might get mad, but I've disliked Bosh since the beginning and think he's soft as hell.

but well, DWade is puresex
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The rookie ladder, according to NBA.com.

A rookie that plays well in the summer league, goes up the ladder, and a rookie that plays bad goes down.

How on earth is the third to last pick #1? And how on earth are two of the top three the second round Laker picks? I haven't been following the SL closely, so this was kind of a surprise to me.

http://www.nba.com/rookieladder/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Has anybody been watching the SL games?

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
looks extremely unscientific.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
looks extremely unscientific.
Indeed. I just wonder who's making all the updates/changes. A single person, or a majority vote or something.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
actually, Boozer would beast Bosh, because Bosh is a pansy. And DG might get mad, but I've disliked Bosh since the beginning and think he's soft as hell.

but well, DWade is puresex
Never been a big Bosh fan myself either. I always felt he was a little too soft to be a true big man.

If Amare can prove to be healthy, I actually like Stoudemire better. Too bad Stoudemire will never learn how to play defense, or else he'd easily be better in my eyes.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:26 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Orton fell off the rookie ladder.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:27 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
The majority of the time, Kobe does not guard the oppositions #1 guy. I don't get what's so difficult to understand about that.
Yeah...that's a development that just started this year, when they signed Artest.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Yeah...that's a development that just started this year, when they signed Artest.
Ron Ron looks so awkward in the triangle. I love him, he's one of my favorite players in the league (QUEENSBRIDGE!), but good God did he look horrible offensively for the Lakers last year.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Also because Rondo would have absolutely ripped Fisher apart. As good as Fish had been playing D vs. Deron and Nash, Rondo could have taken it to another level. He's just insanely fast.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Ron Ron looks so awkward in the triangle. I love him, he's one of my favorite players in the league (QUEENSBRIDGE!), but good God did he look horrible offensively for the Lakers last year.
He took really bad shots, but that's part of his play, I guess. He tries to do to much. He enters his "Michael Jordan mode" and for some reason assumes he's got to carry the team, like in Houston when TMac and Yao went down.

I remember almost chucking my remote at the TV when he launched the 3 after only milking the clock for 2-3 seconds with the lead and less than a minute to go.

Of course, he then saved the game, but man, that was a terrible decision. You take the good with the bad, I guess.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Indeed. I just wonder who's making all the updates/changes. A single person, or a majority vote or something.
it says it's done by one guy, according to that page.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also because Rondo would have absolutely ripped Fisher apart. As good as Fish had been playing D vs. Deron and Nash, Rondo could have taken it to another level. He's just insanely fast.
Yeah, pretty much. Before this year, the only time I can remember Kobe not covering the other team's best player was in the Denver series a couple years ago, when Ariza finally started coming into his own. So they put him on Melo and Kobe and Billups.

When they signed Artest last year, I said Kobe would win the MVP, because he'd be able to put even more effort and attention towards offense than he had in the past. And I was right, he came out of the gates last season swinging haymakers. He was easily the best player in the league for the first three months or so. Unfortunately, injuries derailed what could have been an amazing, amazing season.

Quote:
I know, it's absolutely ridiculous. It's not like the guy completely forgot how to shoot 3s (hell, he almost beat the Lakers in a series by himself two years ago in Houston). It's that he is so confused on every offensive possession that he is legitimately surprised when he touches the ball, and has no idea what to do once he has it.

Hopefully he digests a little more of it and can get comfortable, sit outside the three point line, and make some threes with consistency. We need a presence to stretch the floor so bad it's ridiculous.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:01 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Kobe Bryant, Raja Bell to Meet Wednesday

DOOOO IT!!!!
Old 07-13-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blake Griffin for rookie of the year!

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

NBA2K11
Old 07-13-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I ******* hate Raja Bell.

My two best friends are moving overseas, I might get that NBA game to kill time haha.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:22 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He took really bad shots, but that's part of his play, I guess. He tries to do to much. He enters his "Michael Jordan mode" and for some reason assumes he's got to carry the team, like in Houston when TMac and Yao went down.

I remember almost chucking my remote at the TV when he launched the 3 after only milking the clock for 2-3 seconds with the lead and less than a minute to go.

Of course, he then saved the game, but man, that was a terrible decision. You take the good with the bad, I guess.
It is not only the Bad 3's. Because most of the time he is open when he shoots them, it is the ball stopping. He is so confused when he touches the ball that it stops all offensive movement.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Young is coming along pretty nicely! His relationship with Wall will be important.. I see Courtney Lee a similiar comparison in his game I wish his approach will be more professional like..
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Nick Young is coming along pretty nicely! His relationship with Wall will be important.. I see Courtney Lee a similiar comparison in his game I wish his approach will be more professional like..
I'm not even being a raging homer here but Nick Young is one of the best shot makers in the NBA. His problem is all mental. He misses a shot and he checks out of the game. He also plays zero defense and is still physically weak. He'll be horrible half the other time, then there's time's when he'll burst for 30 points in 20 minutes, and that was even when the big 3 was still here jacking up shots. Nick's turn around jumper is insane, I just don't think he has the mind to be a great basketball player. I'm not sure I ever see him becoming consistent, especially since he has to come off the bench behind Arenas. It's probably because it's just summer league but I loved that he didn't show so much emotion last night. The guy really shows his attitude. If he misses a shot he'll run down the court with his head down and flailing his arms. Before he even lifts his head up the opposing team is at the rim.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:37 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I'm not even being a raging homer here but Nick Young is one of the best shot makers in the NBA. His problem is all mental. He misses a shot and he checks out of the game. He also plays zero defense and is still physically weak. He'll be horrible half the other time, then there's time's when he'll burst for 30 points in 20 minutes, and that was even when the big 3 was still here jacking up shots. Nick's turn around jumper is insane, I just don't think he has the mind to be a great basketball player. I'm not sure I ever see him becoming consistent, especially since he has to come off the bench behind Arenas. It's probably because it's just summer league but I loved that he didn't show so much emotion last night. The guy really shows his attitude. If he misses a shot he'll run down the court with his head down and flailing his arms. Before he even lifts his head up the opposing team is at the rim.
Are you sure you aren't talking about Ben Gordon?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iowa, don't let d wade laughing at your joke get to your head. Wade also thinks giving his wife an STD is funny. He has a horrible sense of humour. Your joke wasn't that funny. I don't even get it, considering it will happen once chicago trades for delonte west so he can wink at lebron all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's true but nobody gets the triangle right away except Pau Gasol for some reason. Ron got the offense simplified for him late in the postseason and he responded pretty damn well. Practically made me eat a hat with that Game 7.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

A rookie that plays well in the summer league, goes up the ladder, and a rookie that plays bad goes down.

How on earth is the third to last pick #1? And how on earth are two of the top three the second round Laker picks? I haven't been following the SL closely, so this was kind of a surprise to me.

http://www.nba.com/rookieladder/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Has anybody been watching the SL games?
Caracter is averaging a double-double through his first three games. Ebanks has been doing good as well but i guess he went cold the last SL game. STEAAAAAAALZZZZZ FTW!

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote