Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Dwight Howard as a Laker? I hope not. Though I could see it happening.

I see Chris Paul, Kevin Durant and Dwight Howard in OKC in 2012 though.
CP3, Durant, and D Howard in OKC? lol

So does that mean they would just give us Westbrook for nothing? They would have no need for him with CP3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dwight Howard as a Laker? I hope not. Though I could see it happening.

I see Chris Paul, Kevin Durant and Dwight Howard in OKC in 2012 though.
I can see CP3 and Melo in NYC more so than I see Paul and Howard going to OKC

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Thunder wouldn't even really need Paul. If they could sign Dwight Howard alone, they'd be the team to beat. By that time, Russ Westbrook will already be a stud.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I can see CP3 and Melo in NYC more so than I see Paul and Howard going to OKC
I agree, Im not positive, but I dont think OKC is a big budget team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
The Thunder wouldn't even really need Paul. If they could sign Dwight Howard alone, they'd be the team to beat. By that time, Russ Westbrook will already be a stud.
I also agree with this, there would be reason for CP3 to be OKC, a legit center would be enough with Westbrook and KD

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love me some Durant. Kobe has to hold for a couple more years, but after that it's likely all up to D-Rose and Durant to keep LeBron from ever getting a ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
I love me some Durant. Kobe has to hold for a couple more years, but after that it's likely all up to D-Rose and Durant to keep LeBron from ever getting a ring.
Seeing you speak this way makes me so happy.

Also, Skip Bayless was on ESPN Radio LA talking about how Kobe has won him over. So, yes, hell has finally frozen over.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyreke Evans > Derrick Rose.

YEAH I SAID IT.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post

Also, Skip Bayless was on ESPN Radio LA talking about how Kobe has won him over. So, yes, hell has finally frozen over.
Wait, did i read that right? Skip Bayless has become a Kobe guy?

Quote:
Old 07-14-2010, 03:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

YEAH I SAID IT.
Rose is better and it's not even close.

But Cousins is better than Noah and Boozer.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:31 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

soooo should I hate everything for the Nets hiring King? if so, why plz?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

YEAH I SAID IT.
Not as of now, but in 2 or so years I can see being similar to D-Wade type of player.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rose is better and it's not even close.
Reke is better but it is close.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id take Tyreke over Rose.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

He had a better year statistically as a rookie than Rose did as a second year player with a better team around him. They're slightly different style of players, but Evans is and will continue to be better. :D
Old 07-14-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Not as of now, but in 2 or so years I can see being similar to D-Wade type of player.
I hate the fact that I never got to see the Kings play this year, I hear nothing about good things about this guy so its a bummer....

....I get to watch my Lakers all the time because they are the premiere team that is always on....and living in the northwest I always get to watch the Blazers....I want to see some Tyreke Evans.

Quote:
Old 07-14-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly think you can legitimately argue either one. I love Rose, and he's on my team, so obviously for the moment I'd side with him. But I haven't watched nearly enough of Tyreke to make a good decision.

That said, Rose still has tons of potential he hasn't even sniffed yet. I love the kid, but his biggest flaw is that he is way, waaayyy too laid back. If he could develop a sense of urgency, that killer instinct, I think he could be phenominal. The problem is, he's perfectly happy being a facilitator, letting other guys do what they want and doing what he can to make them better. He doesn't have the type of personality to say, "**** you guys, if we want to win, give me the ball and get out of the way." It's more like, "Oh, you want me to take over. Ok, I guess I can do that if everyone wants me to."

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy that Rose isn't some huge asshole on the court, and love that he carries himself with a lot of respect for both other players and the game. But he might need to change that to take his game to the next level. He's way to passive right now.

How is Tyreke's jump shot compared to Rose's. I know Rose is still developing his, but his jumper from the elbow has become pretty automatic. Does Reke have some range?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He had a better year statistically as a rookie than Rose did as a second year player with a better team around him. They're slightly different style of players, but Evans is and will continue to be better. :D
My question with Tyreke is he seems like the kind of player who will plateau a bit, or maybe even step back some in year two. He's a very good athlete, but not an elite level NBA guy (in my opinion) and isn't a tremendous shooter either. Strikes me as the kind of player teams can figure out some.

Saw an interesting blog post on a Bulls website about them signing Shaq, play him 15-20 minutes a game including all of the time Rose is off the floor. Let him play offensively in spurts and give you a guy to run through without Rose in the game. Theory is that Miami wouldn't have an answer for him physically and he gives you some more fouls against Dwight in Orlando, plus a different look. Interesting idea although he completely ignores the downsides, but it'd never happen.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, it's a different thought, but there's no way it happens. I don't even think I'd want the Big Shaqtus. Just resign Brad Miller at that point, he's a fan and team favorite, and just as viable to waste some fouls while being a big body. Plus, he's a better passer and shooter, which is fine for a 2nd/3rd string C.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 07-14-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I honestly think you can legitimately argue either one. I love Rose, and he's on my team, so obviously for the moment I'd side with him. But I haven't watched nearly enough of Tyreke to make a good decision.

That said, Rose still has tons of potential he hasn't even sniffed yet. I love the kid, but his biggest flaw is that he is way, waaayyy too laid back. If he could develop a sense of urgency, that killer instinct, I think he could be phenominal. The problem is, he's perfectly happy being a facilitator, letting other guys do what they want and doing what he can to make them better. He doesn't have the type of personality to say, "**** you guys, if we want to win, give me the ball and get out of the way." It's more like, "Oh, you want me to take over. Ok, I guess I can do that if everyone wants me to."

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy that Rose isn't some huge asshole on the court, and love that he carries himself with a lot of respect for both other players and the game. But he might need to change that to take his game to the next level. He's way to passive right now.

How is Tyreke's jump shot compared to Rose's. I know Rose is still developing his, but his jumper from the elbow has become pretty automatic. Does Reke have some range?
Rose is still a kid playing in a grown man's league. It will come in time.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Rose is still a kid playing in a grown man's league. It will come in time.
Yea, that's part of the problem with him only having played 1 year in college. From everything I've read/heard/seen, it took him a while in HS to become comfortable in his style of play with regards to everyone around him. I think it wasn't until late that he started just taking over, I could be wrong.

We saw the same thing at Memphis. All during the season he just deferred to everyone, but come tournament time he started taking over once he was comfortable.

There have been glimpses of that on the Bulls, especially this past year like in the playoffs. I think he needs to just accept that mentality from now on. Once he gets comfortable with the level of the game and in his situation, he should definitely be able to turn it on.

Like you said, he's just a kid, and I think he's still intimidated/doesn't know his place yet.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 07-14-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's an issue that the NBA has to deal with, the extremely young guys they get. The youngest guy in to be drafted in NFL history was 20 (Amobi Okoye). In the NBA? 17.

Those guys getting drafted before they're 21 are still growing physically and mentally, they're not ready (most of the time) to lead a team. Sure, they'll play well and whatnot, but give them time, a couple of years, and then you can start to get a real glimpse of who they can really be. Because before all of that, it's just speculation. Most high draft prospects have high ceilings. Only a couple are in the same category after three years.

Case #1, the 17 year old man himself, Andrew Bynum. He did nothing his rookie year, and was okay his second year, nothing spectacular. He really improved during his short third year, and fourth year, and fifth year, and he can still improve. He's already a five year veteran, a two time champion, suffered two serious knee injuries, and he's just 22 years old.

That's a lot of stuff for a guy who's only been able to drink alcohol legally for only one year.

Props to clover_jeez!

Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn : 07-14-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lol. Last time I cheered for LA, it was to beat the Spurs in 08. Hopefully I won't have to this year(Go Celts, Magic, Bulls and really anyone not named Miami), but if necessary I am ready to turn into the biggest Lakers fan on the planet for the NBA Finals. I really, really want to see the Cleveland curse follow LeBandwagon for the rest of his life. I hope that at his wedding, the ring bearer trips and his ring falls down the vent, that is how much I want him to never get a ring.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-14-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
That's an issue that the NBA has to deal with, the extremely young guys they get. The youngest guy in to be drafted in NFL history was 20 (Amobi Okoye). In the NBA? 17.

Those guys getting drafted before they're 21 are still growing physically and mentally, they're not ready (most of the time) to lead a team. Sure, they'll play well and whatnot, but give them time, a couple of years, and then start to get a real glimpse of who they can be.

Case #1, the 17 year old man himself, Andrew Bynum. He did nothing his rookie year, and was okay his second year, nothing spectacular. He really improved during his short third year, and fourth year, and fifth year, and he can still improve. He's already a five year veteran, a two time champion, suffered two serious knee injuries, and he's just 22 years old.

That's a lot of stuff for a guy who's only been able to drink alcohol legally for only one year.
On that tangent.....I couldn't believe LeBron is only 25. He's only 3 years older than I am and he feels like he's been around forever already.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Yea, that's part of the problem with him only having played 1 year in college. From everything I've read/heard/seen, it took him a while in HS to become comfortable in his style of play with regards to everyone around him. I think it wasn't until late that he started just taking over, I could be wrong.

We saw the same thing at Memphis. All during the season he just deferred to everyone, but come tournament time he started taking over once he was comfortable.

There have been glimpses of that on the Bulls, especially this past year like in the playoffs. I think he needs to just accept that mentality from now on. Once he gets comfortable with the level of the game and in his situation, he should definitely be able to turn it on.

Like you said, he's just a kid, and I think he's still intimidated/doesn't know his place yet.
I think it's important for a PG to have at least a little bit of that mentality. You wouldn't want him to turn into an Allen Iverson type of player. He just needs to find a great balance between getting everyone else involved and taking over himself. Like you said, he's stepped up when necessary in the playoffs, so that shows he's seeing this as well.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-14-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

YEAH I SAID IT.
I agree with this, Wall will be better too, Rose's game is just too limited, his ceiling is Tony Parker

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote