Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ahh, Bleacher Report. Always exciting me with false hopes and impossible scenarios.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...ould-it-happen

Carmelo Anthony for Lamar Odom, Shannon Brown, Josh Powell, and D.J. Mbenga.

A superstar for a good, albeit inconsistent, rebounder, a semi-returded (see what I did there? :D) superathlete, and two guys who never play. Value sounds about right.

FU BLEACHER REPORT! You give me dreams, only to crush them in the end.

:*(

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lmao that trade would be ********. Lakers have no need for Melo and give up role players they actually can use

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Lmao that trade would be ********. Lakers have no need for Melo and give up role players they actually can use
I wouldn't worry that much about the role players, though. Scratch that, I wouldn't care at all about those guys.

Other than Odom, the others' loss wouldn't hold any significance. Brown would be supplanted by Artest as the guard/forward coming off the bench, MBenga doesn't play, nor Powell, and I dunno, someone like Kurt Thomas or Brad Miller could be lured or something. Or wait and see how Caracter and Ebanks develop.

It would also be a nice *****slap to Miami.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-15-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carmelo, Kobe and Pau?

Offensive juggernaut

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bleacher Report is so aggravating. I always keep an eye out for it now, but back in the day, it got me all the time. It actually shows up when you check the news section in search engines. They have to fix that crap.

"Courtney Lee headed back to Orlando for Bass"

Source: Bleacher Report

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pat Riley on LeBron James:

Quote:
So we started to compare LeBron would be Magic and Dwyane would be Kobe and that Chris would be Kevin Garnett. We started to think about in those terms about the people who we were talking to. So he actually liked that conversation we had when we were talking about Magic with LeBron. He sort of lit up and he said that would be great if I didn't have to score, that he could be maybe the first guy since Oscar Robertson to be a triple double guy. But he also said to us his goal was to be the Defensive Player of the Year.
I always thought Magic, had he been on his own, would have been a 30-8-8 guy and that LeBron could have been 20-12-8 like Magic was on a great team.

PG - LeBron James
SG - Dwyane Wade
SF - Mike Miller / Matt Barnes (?)
PF - Chris Bosh / Udonis Haslem
C - Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So does Artest come off the bench in that scenario or what? We'd have too many SFs.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

(Yes i know that trade is ******** and would never EVER happen)

If the Lakers got Carmelo Anthony (with that suggested trade), they'd become a Bulls-esque dynasty. No one would be able to stop their scoring or match their size. They would have two top five players and arguably the best big man in the game, along with Fisher, Andrew Bynum and Ron Artest. Oh, can't forget the invincible Luke Walton.

They'd **** on Miami.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Bleacher Report is so aggravating. I always keep an eye out for it now, but back in the day, it got me all the time. It actually shows up when you check the news section in search engines. They have to fix that crap.

"Courtney Lee headed back to Orlando for Bass"

Source: Bleacher Report

This sums up exactly how I feel about Bleacher Report.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-15-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
So does Artest come off the bench in that scenario or what? We'd have too many SFs.
I guess so, yeah, a SG/SF who guards the opposing team's best player. It would be amazing to switch between Kobe, Melo, and Artest during games. There would always be a good defender, and a lethal scorer.

SF-------SG
Melo-----Kobe
Melo-----Artest
Artest----Kobe

That would give teams nightmares.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-15-2010, 07:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lakers would be so stacked....as it is right now, even if the Heat gel right away and hit on all cylinders this season, they'd still have a very tough time against the Lakers should they meet in the finals.

If the Lakers got Melo....god damn. They'd be the guy with the gun and the NBA would be their fish in a barrel. Heat included.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
So Pat Riley gets another stacked team to carry him to a few more rings. lame. Riley is one of the luckiest coaches of all-time.
To be fair, what team has Phil Jackson won a championship on it that wasn't stacked, or didn't have HOFers on it? Not just all-star caliber players, but I'm pretty sure every championship he won had HOFers, unless I'm missing some years.

I like that blurb about Lebron being similiar to Magic, that's pretty interesting. His points may drop from 29ppg to around 24 but his assist could really sky rocket. He's made some of the best passes I've seen only for guys to blow the shot afterward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bleacher report is a ******* joke so yay for that. Kobe/Melo/Pau/Bynum is insane, but Odom+crap for Melo is an awful trade.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...s_offer_sheet/

Source says Magic will match contract for Redick

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...s_offer_sheet/

Source says Magic will match contract for Redick
I really don't like that move for Orlando. I think Redick is worth it but I like him better in Chicago than in Orlando. Also, Orlando's payroll is getting ridiculous.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:48 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, are they trying to be the Yankees of the NBA? Their team payroll is probably around $400 Million now.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
To be fair, what team has Phil Jackson won a championship on it that wasn't stacked, or didn't have HOFers on it? Not just all-star caliber players, but I'm pretty sure every championship he won had HOFers, unless I'm missing some years.

All Championship teams have hall of famers though. Except the 2004 Pistons and even that is highly debatable, Chauncey the MVP will probably end up getting the benefit of the doubt.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
All Championship teams have hall of famers though. Except the 2004 Pistons and even that is highly debatable, Chauncey the MVP will probably end up getting the benefit of the doubt.
I agree. So we can't just put it all on Pat Riley though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:01 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I agree. So we can't just put it all on Pat Riley though.
Yah all of Pat's rings are legit, same if he ends up getting some with the Heat. I have to laugh at any argument that DQs championships because of anything related to the roster's caliber. Just because Lebron ends up looking like a sidekick dope doesn't mean the Heat won't put a banner up.

Wade came out today defending Lebron's performance against Boston...this is about the 3rd time in the last week he has publically stepped up for LBJ. At a certain point he is not helping his friend, it comes across more like he is establishing who is in charge. Oh well.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ChiTown has a lot of money to use right now.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:13 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luis Scola will be back in Houston deal is almost done... not too surprising
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Luis Scola will be back in Houston deal is almost done... not too surprising
I didn't think he would leave. Darryl Morey wouldn't let him leave since he's one of the best GM's in the association.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-15-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

ESPN.com sources: Pritchard No. 1 target for Hornets’ GM job.

Make it happen! I will jizz all over my keyboard and George Shinn's face if this happens!

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-15-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Del harris also had shaq and kobe. Doug Collins also had Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen.

Pat Riley got swept by the Ben Gordon led bulls.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"So we started to compare LeBron would be Magic and Dwyane would be Kobe and that Chris would be Kevin Garnett. We started to think about in those terms about the people who we were talking to. So he actually liked that conversation we had when we were talking about Magic with LeBron. He sort of lit up and he said that would be great if I didn't have to score, that he could be maybe the first guy since Oscar Robertson to be a triple double guy. But he also said to us his goal was to be the Defensive Player of the Year."

First of all, why would you compare a player to another player that's still playing the game.

Second of all, Lebron's goal is to be Dwight Howard? Whose goal is to be somebody else... that's kinda weird... \(_)/
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote