Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The money was going to follow anywhere he went. He could've made more money elsewhere though. That wasn't his first priority. He chose to go to the place he could win the most easily. You guys talkin' about how he's got some huge ego and is undeserving of it. Winning is the most important thing to him. He gave away a chance at his own legacy. That's what I call putting aside an ego. He didn't pull a Kobe and force Shaq out because of an ego or anything. lol.
Sure, he knew he had a chance to win....and im sure he knew he would end up making MORE money than he would in Cleveland. I just dont understand why people think he's some saint because he went to Miami for less money on his contract, thats a load of ****.

And once again not one time did i say that kobe didnt have an ego, so once again....get of your high horse bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
He will make up the money he didnt get in his contract within the first year...

...must have been one BIG sacrifice.
How do you figure that one out? Acting like endorsement money wouldn't have been a factor anywhere he went. LOL.

Your logic only makes sense if he wouldn't have gotten endorsement money and only got it in Miami.

OMG.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The money was going to follow anywhere he went. He could've made more money elsewhere though. That wasn't his first priority. He chose to go to the place he could win the most easily. You guys talkin' about how he's got some huge ego and is undeserving of it. Winning is the most important thing to him. He gave away a chance at his own legacy. That's what I call putting aside an ego. He didn't pull a Kobe and force Shaq out because of an ego or anything. lol.

The point, I think, is that LeBron acts like he's making a monetary sacrifice (to save face), when that's completely false. Maybe he gave up $8mil over the course of his contract, but he makes way more outside of basketball, and the money he's not losing to the state will more than make up for taking a little less for his contract.

He'll also likely get a sweet deal on a house that will be worth far more in the long run than whatever shithole he had in the Cleveland/Akron area....are fare easier to sell when he's done with it.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How do you figure that one out? Acting like endorsement money wouldn't have been a factor anywhere he went. LOL.

Your logic only makes sense if he wouldn't have gotten endorsement money and only got it in Miami.

OMG.
He doesn't have to pay state taxes on his endorsement money in Miami. Maybe he won't "make" more money in endorsements in Miami, but he certainly won't "lose" as much.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Sure, he knew he had a chance to win....and im sure he knew he would end up making MORE money than he would in Cleveland. I just dont understand why people think he's some saint because he went to Miami for less money on his contract, thats a load of ****.

And once again not one time did i say that kobe didnt have an ego, so once again....get of your high horse bud.
But he gave up on having his own legacy. That's putting aside ego.

Is he a saint? I don't know what he does in his private life. I ain't gonna hate him for going to Miami though. I ain't gonna act like a cry baby because he didn't go to my favorite team.

I'm defending him while you guys attack and I'm on a high horse? LMAO.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

OMG.
Im just making a point, youre trying to say that he made some sacrifice because he wanted to win games!

once again, must be SOME SACRIFICE!

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
He doesn't have to pay state taxes on his endorsement money in Miami. Maybe he won't "make" more money in endorsements in Miami, but he certainly won't "lose" as much.
You guys are changing the topic. This started when iowatreat said something about a story that leaked (would not surprised if it was 100% made up by Chicago media) about Lebron not coming to Chicago for the reason that Rose didn't bribe him to come. ...and now Oh Lebron has some ego. His ego could be much worse. Like Kobe's.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
You guys are changing the topic. This started when iowatreat said something about a story that leaked (would not surprised if it was 100% made up by Chicago media) about Lebron not coming to Chicago for the reason that Rose didn't bribe him to come. ...and now Oh Lebron has some ego. His ego could be much worse. Like Kobe's.
Now youre just trying to annoy people.

"Like Kobe's" OMGGGGGGGGG IM SO RATTLED

Quote:
Old 07-17-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
KEEP HIM IN DALLAS, DONNIE.

EDIT: now that I think about it, Beaubois would be a nice replacement for Terry as we progress, if Yin can live up to even moderate potential, he'd be a nice PG and Jones looks like a good SG. Would make for a nice future back court.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Last edited by Brent : 07-17-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Yahoo article on LeBron James seems like a classic hit job to me.

EDIT: the media is already building its 'LeBron James is an immature, jerk' narrative. Even if it is true, the media will embellish and make it the go-to characterization. Kinda like what they did to Barry Bonds.

Last edited by Shiver : 07-17-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those that want to read it. Seems pretty accurate to me.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...eeagency071610
Old 07-17-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Rose made a really interesting impression on me this off-season. On one hand he showed that he wants to be the guy, end of discussion; I can respect that position. But I think to have essentially vetoed the LeBron James acquisition (not just ignoring the LeBron recruitment, but reportedly asking for Joe Johnson instead) may have shown immaturity and a lack of big picture thinking. When he is 30 and has no rings he may regret this decision.

Last edited by Shiver : 07-17-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wait, Lebron signed already?
HE SIGNED WITH THE HEAT? WHAT THE HELL?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
wait, Lebron signed already?
HE SIGNED WITH THE HEAT? WHAT THE HELL?

Speaking of which their full 15 man roster is almost established:

PG - Mario Chalmers / Carlos Arroyo
SG - Dwyane Wade / Mike Miller
SF - LeBron James /
PF - Chris Bosh / Udonis Haslem / Juwan Howard
C - Joel Anthony / Zydrunas Ilgauskas / Jamaal Magloire

All that they are missing is a veteran PG (Keyon Dooling or Jason Williams) and a wing player who can play D (James Jones or Matt Barnes).

I think Joel Anthony and Mario Chalmers are two promising young players who may flourish playing with three all-stars; I don't like the comparison but kinda like Rajon Rondo (different player than Chalmers) and Kendrick Perkins (a lot like Joel Anthony).

Last edited by Shiver : 07-17-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though I don't think Derrick Rose has the presence of a superstar. I'm pretty sure that he is more mature than 98% of the league.
The aftermath rumors make less sense than the before math. One other one was that the pitch the Bulls made to LeBron was to live up to MJ, which supposedly rubbed him the wrong way.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
Even though I don't think Derrick Rose has the presence of a superstar. I'm pretty sure that he is more mature than 98% of the league.
The aftermath rumors make less sense than the before math. One other one was that the pitch the Bulls made to LeBron was to live up to MJ, which supposedly rubbed him the wrong way.

I certainly didn't want to hear about it for the next six years either.

Old 07-17-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joel Anthony is nowhere near Perkins.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Joel Anthony is nowhere near Perkins.

The 2007 Kendrick Perkins? Really?

Last edited by Shiver : 07-17-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Facts to back up my point:

4th year Kendrick Perkins (the year before the big-3)

22 minutes per game
4.5 points
5.2 rebounds
1.3 blocks

3rd year Joel Anthony

16 minutes a game
2.7 points
3.1 rebounds
1.4 blocks

Playing with Garnett, Allen and Pierce helped Perkins; playing with James, Wade and Bosh will help Anthony.

(Perkins is more talented, that's not the argument; the argument is that Anthony is a similar player in terms of play-style. Defense, defense and more defense which is what the Heat will need.)

Last edited by Shiver : 07-17-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post

22 minutes per game
4.5 points
5.2 rebounds
1.3 blocks

3rd year Joel Anthony

16 minutes a game
2.7 points
3.1 rebounds
1.4 blocks

Playing with Garnett, Allen and Pierce helped Perkins; playing with James, Wade and Bosh will help Anthony.

(Perkins is more talented, that's not the argument; the argument is that Anthony is a similar player in terms of play-style. Defense, defense and more defense which is what the Heat will need.)
Get that **** outta here. That's the same comparison I used when comparing Dwyane Wade and LeBron and that argument got **** on.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rockets sign Brad Miller 3/15

really good team overall if Yao can return to full strength or close to

PG Brooks / Lowry
SG Martin / Buddinger
SF Ariza / Battier
PF Scola / Hill
C Yao / Miller
Old 07-17-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post

22 minutes per game
4.5 points
5.2 rebounds
1.3 blocks

3rd year Joel Anthony

16 minutes a game
2.7 points
3.1 rebounds
1.4 blocks

Anthony is going to be 28 when the next season starts, and Perkins was not even 23 when the big three came over. Perkins is also a hell of a lot stronger and tougher, and had received a lot more playing time. Anthony is at best a decent backup center.

Perkins was a tough, physical defender at the time with a serious nasty streak, and all Joel Anthony brings to the table is blocks. That's it.

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 07-17-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how long will the hate fest last :/ i'm gonna just off myself after year 4
Old 07-17-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I'm not hating, I'm just pointing out the fact that Joel Anthony is not very good. I'd rather have Chuck Hayes than him.

RIP TheManInBlack