Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2010, 12:47 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Rumors are that the Bobcats are trying and have the pieces to acquire Chris Paul. New Orleans hasn't been ready to play ball yet.

New Orleans gets

Erik Dampier ($13 million in expiring contracts)
Gerald Wallace
Gerald Henderson
D.J. Augustin

Charlotte gets

Chris Paul

http://nba-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cb....nba;headlines
I would do that trade in a heartbeat. New Orleans would have to send the trade exceptions that they have from Morris Peterson, Hilton Armstrong, Rasual Butler, and Antonio Daniels to make it work.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I would do that trade in a heartbeat. New Orleans would have to send the trade exceptions that they have from Morris Peterson, Hilton Armstrong, Rasual Butler, and Antonio Daniels to make it work.
I like DJ but I would feel bad for you having to watch Erica Dampier

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
He'd basically just been glued to the bench for the season, sort of like Eddy Curry. As for the trade, the only way New Orleans should get rid of Paul is by including Emeka's atrocious contract in the same deal.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
He would be a backup behind Okafor, probably playing sparingly if at all. If that trade happened the Hornets line up would be:

PG: Darren Collison/D.J. Augustin
SG: Marcus Thornton/ Gerald Henderson
SF: Gerald Wallace/ Peja Stojakavic / James Posey / Julian Wright
PF: David West / Darius Songalia
C: Emeka Okafor / Erik Dampier

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-19-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were New Orleans I would do that trade right now. But I guess the Hornet's owner has a sentimental desire to keep Paul in the fold.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pro Basketball Talk on MJ's comments:

Quote:
When did Michael Jordan become like our dads?

When did he start with the, "Well, back in my day..."

Because if he truly is going to thrive as a franchise owner with the Charlotte Bobcats, then perhaps there is a need to recognize he is not back in his day, and that the world has changed since there was a one-star-per-team limit.

The latest, and best-chronicled, is the comment Jordan offered during his latest whirl at celebrity golf over the weekend.

"There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry, called up Magic and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team,'" Jordan said. "But that's . . . things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys."

In other words, he wouldn't have gone LeBron, wouldn't have sought refuge in the land of Wade (and Bosh).

Bunk.

Understand, Jordan wanted to win, had to win.

So let's say Jerry Krause pulled his ultimate power play during Jordan's career, during one of those seasons when Michael was on the year-to-year plan. Say Krause won the power struggle with Phil Jackson, excised the coach, and got into a stare down with Jordan.

Can you honestly say Jordan then would have moved on to the Clippers or Warriors or Raptors, or stayed with a rebuilding Bulls team just so he could have competed against Shaq and Malone and Reggie?

Or, like LeBron, would he have said that he wanted to play deeper into the playoffs, play alongside someone who could keep him there.

For Jordan, there always was the luxury of playing alongside Scottie Pippen. He didn't have to find a running mate; he always had one.

And it's not as if LeBron still won't have his moments this coming season against the likes of Carmelo and Durant and Pierce. The challenges still will be there. Plenty of them. With many motivated opponents.

Put it another way, do you honestly believe Jordan would have hung up if Larry or Magic or Charles had actually called, if there was such an opportunity, during a period of much more restrictive free agency?

But this is good to know, and good for those in Charlotte to know.

Because if Michael does have the opportunity to land someone like a Chris Paul, bring the point guard back to North Carolina, at least Bobcats fans would know that Jordan then wouldn't try to add a Carmelo, as well.

In M.J.'s view, that clearly would be unseemly.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He'd basically just been glued to the bench for the season, sort of like Eddy Curry. As for the trade, the only way New Orleans should get rid of Paul is by including Emeka's atrocious contract in the same deal.
The Hornets want out from Posey's and Okafor's contracts the only problem I see is a team that is willing to trade for either player. The only teams that could really use a C and would be willing to take on Okafor's contract is Atlanta and Toronto. OKC could take on Okafor's contract in exchange for Krstic and Nick Collison but I don't think Presti would make that move. Only teams that really need a PF/C would be desperate enough to trade for Okafor which hopefully there is someone out there that is.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-19-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That article is a little misleading.

Jordan didn't always have Pippen, and in fact they were together for a couple years before breaking through. Even then, the Bulls prior to 91 never made it to the finals, or even the conference finals, and were usually 1 and done.

So, if Jordan had in fact decided to look around say 5-7 years since entering the league (88-90), he would be leaving a team that was performing as a lower seeded playoff team that never made it far in the playoffs. It wouldn't have been as if he was coming away from a team that consistently won 50-60 or 60+ games, had made the NBA finals once and conference finals before.

Ah, my mistake. They made it to the conference finals twice before 90-91, but I still don't think they were one of the top regular season teams in terms of record/seed.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 07-19-2010 at 01:13 PM.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
If I were New Orleans I would do that trade right now. But I guess the Hornet's owner has a sentimental desire to keep Paul in the fold.
That's the reason summed up for the most part. George Shinn gets off to CP3 but the guy he's selling the team to, Gary Chouest, seems to be more concerned with winning and that trade would give N.O. the young assets and cap relief it needs to be competitive. In a trade like that Dampier, Peja, Gerald Henderson, and Darius Songalia's contracts all come off the books next year which would take $33 mil off the roster.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-19-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate how the NBA is structured to trade contracts instead of players.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I hate how the NBA is structured to trade contracts instead of players.
Hence, there's going to be a lockout in 2011. The salary system is plain broken. It could drag out for some time.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rumors are that the Bobcats are trying and have the pieces to acquire Chris Paul. New Orleans hasn't been ready to play ball yet.

New Orleans gets

Gerald Wallace
Gerald Henderson
D.J. Augustin

Charlotte gets

Chris Paul

Reason NOR would trade Paul is because he's disgruntled about not being in a winning situation. LOL if this were to happen. Paul would cry every night.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
The Hornets want out from Posey's and Okafor's contracts the only problem I see is a team that is willing to trade for either player. The only teams that could really use a C and would be willing to take on Okafor's contract is Atlanta and Toronto. OKC could take on Okafor's contract in exchange for Krstic and Nick Collison but I don't think Presti would make that move. Only teams that really need a PF/C would be desperate enough to trade for Okafor which hopefully there is someone out there that is.
It won't happen, but Orlando could use both Paul and Okafor.

Carter has a $17M expiring contract. Could also send a combination of Nelson, Bass, Gortat, Pietrus, or Anderson to make it work.

I think Otis has tried, but NOR wouldn't budge.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont post there but read the occassional Magic board...they've all convinced themselves that we're still getting Arenas for Carter. lol. There is no real susbtance, only quotes from a Wizards, "inside source". Arenas' contract is killer and if they view Redick as the future now, that'd be a pretty pointless move, which will, in turn, piss off Redick some more. Dude used to be incredibly depressed until SVG gave him a steady role, and now he fully expects to me starting fairly soon.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Magic see Redick as better than Gilbert Arenas... i hope they never win a championship.

Arenas went from overrated to underrated on this board.

That game against phoenix when he scored 50 was one of the best performances I've ever seen in my life. It was more impressive than Lebron's game against Detroit (with far less implications).
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arenas is better than both Redick and VC, however....he's sporting a near max contract for 4 more years. Not to mention, he's ******* insane.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-19-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think either team would want that trade. The Magic don't want Arenas's contract, and for the Wiz aside from ridding his contract he's supremely more talented than VC. VC is proven to be washed up, Arenas if he can stay healthy is still a 25 point scorer.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

VC has an expiring contract, essentially. That's why. He has a team option for next season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-19-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He still has/had a deadly three ball and for a while was the anti-Lebron (until the refs decided that Lebron is allowed to travel against the Wiz).

Last edited by soybean : 07-19-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I don't think either team would want that trade. The Magic don't want Arenas's contract, and for the Wiz aside from ridding his contract he's supremely more talented than VC. VC is proven to be washed up, Arenas if he can stay healthy is still a 25 point scorer.
Based on what? He averaged 22.6 PPG last year, and hasn't averaged 25 since 2006-2007.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Based on what? He averaged 22.6 PPG last year, and hasn't averaged 25 since 2006-2007.
cmon he played up until January last season.

Only rookies have hot starts and cold ends. This is a veteran allstar. Why would he plateau in January when they could've been fighting for a playoff spot?

Last edited by soybean : 07-19-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

New Orleans gets

Gerald Wallace
Gerald Henderson
D.J. Augustin

Charlotte gets

Chris Paul

Per that logic would Wilson Chandler, Anthony Randolph, Curry and Felton/Turiaf be reasonable for CB3 and Okafor? You're not taking on Wallace's long term contract, but depending on how chandler plays this year they could be giving him a nice contract. That could negate that. AR's got an option, curry expires and both Felton and/or Turiaf have only one year at a reasonable rate left. Not as good of an offer depening on what you think of Augustin and Henderson and how Randolph does for NY, but Chandler's a vry good two way SF who's versatile and likely would be quite reasonable to re-sign. AR still has **** loads of talent and Felton would give them someone to ease Collison into the starting lineup with by giving him a genuine quality vet backup who can pick it up when he's struggling.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 07-19-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No no no!

Chris Paul is supposed to be a Knick! :(

</3
Old 07-19-2010, 03:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking about this whole Lebron/Wade/Bosh trio and you know what this reminds me of?

When you get 10 guys together, and get on a court and pick teams, you always try to make them even so its a good game right? Like, you obviously want to win, but your competitive juices won't allow you to just take the 4 best players on your team and leave the scraps on the other team and just mop the floor with em.

Your pride won't allow you to do that. It doesn't feel right, you feel dirty and tainted.

And if you're a true competitor, you want to beat the best guys, not play with em. I know me personally, I prefer being on the team with the scraps and trying to beat the superstar team. You beat the best, you don't play with them.

I'm just trying to figure out LeBron's competitive nature. I think this hurts him a lot. I don't view him as a competitor. Even look at his favorite teams, the Yankees, and Cowboys. The guy is a front runner. Its in his nature to be like this.

I just don't get it. I'm trying to figure out why he would do this, and I don't get it. If you don't want to be known as the best, then don't call yourself King James and have press conferences about your decision and wear witness t shirts and all that hoopla.

If youre content on being second fiddle, then be a second fiddle. Don't act like "the chosen one" when you don't have that kind of heart.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I was thinking about this whole Lebron/Wade/Bosh trio and you know what this reminds me of?

When you get 10 guys together, and get on a court and pick teams, you always try to make them even so its a good game right? Like, you obviously want to win, but your competitive juices won't allow you to just take the 4 best players on your team and leave the scraps on the other team and just mop the floor with em.

Your pride won't allow you to do that. It doesn't feel right, you feel dirty and tainted.

And if you're a true competitor, you want to beat the best guys, not play with em. I know me personally, I prefer being on the team with the scraps and trying to beat the superstar team. You beat the best, you don't play with them.

I'm just trying to figure out LeBron's competitive nature. I think this hurts him a lot. I don't view him as a competitor. Even look at his favorite teams, the Yankees, and Cowboys. The guy is a front runner. Its in his nature to be like this.

I just don't get it. I'm trying to figure out why he would do this, and I don't get it. If you don't want to be known as the best, then don't call yourself King James and have press conferences about your decision and wear witness t shirts and all that hoopla.

If youre content on being second fiddle, then be a second fiddle. Don't act like "the chosen one" when you don't have that kind of heart.
how bout this analogy: If you're playing a computer game would you rather play it legitamately or use god mode?