Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I was going with a random southern team, but to keep the comparison working I need 2 to join a 3rd on his team. So yes, will the World Championships start a plot for Durantula and Rose to sign with Bropez in NJ in a couple years? If so, I'm applying to scotty for my bandwagon ticket right now...

I think Durantula signed an extension... so D Rose and Bropez are going to OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
It all depends whose the smartest one.

Someone brought it up before.

Dwayne Wade 3 years of College

Lebron James straight outta high school.

Chris Bosh one year of college.

The smart one convinces them to all go his team, and his reputation has absolutely no damage. Whose smartest/most personable (Rose is shy as hell) out of Bropez, Durant and Rose. They'll go to that team.

On an interesting note, do you think if D-Wade jumped shipped to Cleveland he'd have the same backlash as Lebron ?(assuming he did a special on TV too lol) Miami is a bandwagon town so I think the hometown outrage wouldn't be so bad and I also think Wade would have just been way more classier and everyone wouldn't be so butt hurt.
Bosh is the smart one...by far. Wade and James are barely literate and virtually unintelligible. Bosh is a smart, articulate dude who would be successful at anything he chose to do in life.

Last edited by nepg : 07-20-2010 at 12:32 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone who wears designer band-aids on their face for extended periods of time without medical necessity can't claim (or be said) to be smart.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post

And as for the smartest of the 3, Rose = no college, Durant = 1 year, Bropez = I think 2 years at Stanford. Obviously the smartest one is Bropez, so they are going to NJ. As a side, those education levels are eerily similar to the James, Bosh, Wade ones, and I didn't even intend for that...
Lol, i think you need to review your NCAA history buddy. :D
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Lol, i think you need to review your NCAA history buddy. :D
Well, technically he attended college. He barely even qualified for college.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would any of you guys be interested in a bball fantasy draft? I would enjoy seeing how you rates players and to be honest the offseason is pretty boring haha
Old 07-20-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Anyone who wears designer band-aids on their face for extended periods of time without medical necessity can't claim (or be said) to be smart.
So are you saying this guy isn't smart?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Do you see any team willing to take on Brands contract to get Iguodala?
Maybe Milwaukee, although that's stretching. Outside of that I can't see any team willing to take on both of those awful contracts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I would cream myself if either of those trades especially the 2nd one which has us keeping Crawford. Damn if we got Wilson to step into the 3 and Emeka to backup Horford we might have an actual title contender, and we could still turn Crawford and his expiring into a legit starting PG.
I think there is a legit chance that you guys could trade the Josh Childress trade exception to Minnesota for Ramon Sessions

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-20-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Would any of you guys be interested in a bball fantasy draft? I would enjoy seeing how you rates players and to be honest the offseason is pretty boring haha
I guess I'd do it, though to be perfectly honest, I probably suck at it, lol.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Maybe Milwaukee, although that's stretching. Outside of that I can't see any team willing to take on both of those awful contracts.
I was thinking the Spurs, mainly because they won't be close to have money for FA for awhile with Manu and Parker and Duncan. Iggy could do what RJ didn't last year, and Brand and Duncan down low isn't something bad, as long as Brand stayed healthy.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amare isn't going to play for USA due to contract issues.. wtff?
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
I was thinking the Spurs, mainly because they won't be close to have money for FA for awhile with Manu and Parker and Duncan. Iggy could do what RJ didn't last year, and Brand and Duncan down low isn't something bad, as long as Brand stayed healthy.
The Spurs can't match the salaries in a trade and it is doubtful they would even do a trade like that because of how awful Iguadola and Brand's contracts are.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-20-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think there is a legit chance that you guys could trade the Josh Childress trade exception to Minnesota for Ramon Sessions
Tell me about it the second we got the trade exception I've been reading all the rumors every day hoping to see a Sessions rumor since they want to get rid of him after getting Ridnour, but haven't heard anything yet.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:34 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
The Spurs can't match the salaries in a trade and it is doubtful they would even do a trade like that because of how awful Iguadola and Brand's contracts are.
Oh yeah not doubting that at all, I wasn't going into the money part of it yet. I was just thinking by the time Duncans contract runs out Brands will be gone too so its not like they will still be able to get FA for awhile, its a ways away.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Actually, Dallas and Denver could realistically trade for Igoudola and Brand. So could Charlotte but they don't have a need for Igoudola.

Here's a trade with Philly and Denver.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2csyl99

Denver would look ridiculous on paper with that trade

PG - Billups / Lawson
SG - Igoudala / Arron Afflalo
SF - Carmelo / Balkman (bleh)
PF - Brand / Harrington
C - Nene / Birdman

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by diabsoule : 07-20-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually, Dallas and Denver could realistically trade for Igoudola and Brand. So could Charlotte but they don't have a need for Igoudola.

Yes Denver could do this trade if they don't want to be able re-sign Melo.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Yes Denver could do this trade if they don't want to be able re-sign Melo.
I would think Melo would enjoy having Iggy there. But if your talking money they can go over to sign there own, so yeah he could still sign.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:50 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:

Denver would look ridiculous on paper with that trade

PG - Billups / Lawson
SG - Igoudala / Arron Afflalo
SF - Carmelo / Balkman (bleh)
PF - Brand / Harrington
C - Nene / Birdman
I was saying in another forum how Denver will love having K-Marts contract at the trade deadline. But realistically I could see this trade happening, and both sides would like it.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont see it, because youd have to play Brand, which means Griffin to SF, and if Griffin is SF, then Iggy to SG which means Gordon is on the bench. And if the starting lineup is Gordon, Iggy, and Griffin are in the starting, you have a 15 mil backup which is crazy.
You don't have to play Brand. Go Eddy Curry style on him. Let him sit on the bench while you send a contender on the court.

Baron Davis
Eric Gordon
Andre Iguodala
Blake Griffin
Chris Kaman

They'd win enough games.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would think Melo would enjoy having Iggy there. But if your talking money they can go over to sign there own, so yeah he could still sign.
Yeah Melo would love a guy who needs the ball in his hands to create, isn't a good shooter, and has a terrible contract keeping the nuggets from finding good guys around them. Plus, the nuggets would be paying out the ass in Luxury Tax in this situation. These 3 would be paid as much as LBJ, Wade, and Bosh.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Yeah Melo would love a guy who needs the ball in his hands to create, isn't a good shooter, and has a terrible contract keeping the nuggets from finding good guys around them. Plus, the nuggets would be paying out the ass in Luxury Tax in this situation. These 3 would be paid as much as LBJ, Wade, and Bosh.
Since Nuggets would be sending as much contract out as they are getting, the luxury tax deal doesnt really hold up. But while what your say about Iggy is partially true, he is a all around good basketball player who can play defense, get assists and rebounds, and is a team player. And if Brand can stay healthy theres a 15 and 8 guy (just throwing numbers because he wouldnt get 20 on this team) so what else would you possibly need? Yeah, the contracts aren't that good but who would the Nuggets get this upcoming year in FA at PF? Tyson Chandler or Zach Randolph? And at SG, Micheal Redd or Jamal Crawford? If the Nuggets don't do something now, Melo leaves. And Id rather have Iggy and Brand then a combo of the guys listed above any day.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Since Nuggets would be sending as much contract out as they are getting, the luxury tax deal doesnt really hold up. But while what your say about Iggy is partially true, he is a all around good basketball player who can play defense, get assists and rebounds, and is a team player. And if Brand can stay healthy theres a 15 and 8 guy (just throwing numbers because he wouldnt get 20 on this team) so what else would you possibly need? Yeah, the contracts aren't that good but who would the Nuggets get this upcoming year in FA at PF? Tyson Chandler or Zach Randolph? And at SG, Micheal Redd or Jamal Crawford? If the Nuggets don't do something now, Melo leaves. And Id rather have Iggy and Brand then a combo of the guys listed above any day.
He might leave anyway. What you're proposing is the same broken logic that cost Cleveland LeBron.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Mavs are looking at Kaman. That makes sense since we already have 19 centers on the roster. I'd rather much have Kaman, but couldn't have we gone after before acquiring Tyson Chandler and Ajinca.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
You are sending out deals that will expire as the year ends for deals that do not expire. AKA, Cap Room they would have to re-sign Anthony would be shipped out.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
So the Mavs are looking at Kaman. That makes sense since we already have 19 centers on the roster. I'd rather much have Kaman, but couldn't have we gone after before acquiring Tyson Chandler and Ajinca.
Interesting, have any more info?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote