Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Paul a dork?
Yes 356115 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 356115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2010, 10:49 AM    (permalink
mdmgrand
Rookie

mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who else here wants to see a full year from Greg Oden... according to Hollinger Oden had a top ten PER before getting injured... The game has moved away from true centers.. I just want to see an enforcer out there who then can turn around and show at least some semblance of a post game...

If he stays healthy, I believe that the Lakers will have their hands full and have a legitimate roadblock to the championship...
mdmgrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmgrand View Post
Who else here wants to see a full year from Greg Oden... according to Hollinger Oden had a top ten PER before getting injured... The game has moved away from true centers.. I just want to see an enforcer out there who then can turn around and show at least some semblance of a post game...

If he stays healthy, I believe that the Lakers will have their hands full and have a legitimate roadblock to the championship...
Portland is a scary team, especially with the Lakers' trouble playing in their building. It'll be interesting to see if their frontcourt can stay healthy this year, because they're a very deep and talented team.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmgrand View Post

I do, and have wanted to see him for a while now. Poor guy is made out of glass though.

And I too want to see another true, dominating center in the league. And on both ends, not just defensively like Dwight. Someone who'll stop you and then dunk it in your face and make you angry and frustrated.

And this is completely unrelated to the aforementioned topic, but when was the last time you guys called a dunk a jam? It just seems...weird.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post

And this is completely unrelated to the aforementioned topic, but when was the last time you guys called a dunk a jam? It just seems...weird.
Probably around the last time I said booyakasha.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:37 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When has any one called a 'dunk' a 'jam'?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
you don't say booyakasha anymore?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:45 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5397107

Hornet's hire San Antonio's Dell Demps as their new GM. I was hoping hoping it would be either him or Kevin Pritchard so I'm happy.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Respect...

Why isn't Pritchard hired yet?
Old 07-21-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I do, and have wanted to see him for a while now. Poor guy is made out of glass though.

And I too want to see another true, dominating center in the league. And on both ends, not just defensively like Dwight. Someone who'll stop you and then dunk it in your face and make you angry and frustrated.

Yeah, cause Dwight doesn't dunk with power.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
When has any one called a 'dunk' a 'jam'?
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5397107

Hornet's hire San Antonio's Dell Demps as their new GM. I was hoping hoping it would be either him or Kevin Pritchard so I'm happy.
I hope you like International flavor basketball. Don't even bother watching college basketball for future prospects. LOL.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yeah, cause Dwight doesn't dunk with power.
I wanted to hint at the notion of having a very dangerous arsenal of offensive moves, but I brain-farted and included none of it.

An unstoppable player on both ends of the court is what I meant.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-21-2010, 12:13 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope you like International flavor basketball. Don't even bother watching college basketball for future prospects. LOL.
It's worked for the Spurs and they drafted DaJuan Blair who I wanted the Hornets to draft last year.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-21-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
It's worked for the Spurs and they drafted DaJuan Blair who I wanted the Hornets to draft last year.
That's true! How many rings do you expect now?
Old 07-21-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
That's true! How many rings do you expect now?
Ha! None, especially with ownership in flux and not enough cap room to do much.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-21-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Hambrick's studlyness as a backup was key to letting Emmitt go. Hambrick got his shot, got really fat and only had a few good games. He was handed the keys and spent all off-season getting fat at his mothers house. Those Hambricks' are idiots. And Troy is in jail right now. Everyone was pretty much in agreement that Hambrick was the better option, at the time.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was just bored, typed in that local VC...greatestt jammer of all time?

Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Ha! None, especially with ownership in flux and not enough cap room to do much.
If I were NOR I would do this. Grade me.

Stojakovic and Songaila come off the books this summer. Let that happen and you're sitting with a salary around $46M. This year's cap is around $58M IIRC. $12M isn't enough to sign a max FA, so I go to work to get further under.

Obviously, Chris Paul is your biggest trading chip. The dude wants out. Don't let the situation fester and in the meanwhile prevent the future from happening now. What I mean is, don't stunt the growth of Darren Collison by keeping Paul. Rearrange your money allocation. Collison is locked up until 2014 on a dirt cheap contract. If you compare the amount that Paul makes, and the amount Collison makes, it doesn't add up to Paul being THAT much better. Collison is a perfect replacement for Paul. He's bound for stardom and he made a lot of people believers last year when he got the chance. I'd kill for him to be on the Magic. Behind him is a young vet, Luther Head. I've always liked him going back to his days in college. He's a nice compliment to Collison. Your current PG situation is fine as is. Just need depth for a 3rd stringer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Next summer, Marcus Thornton is also going to be a FA. You can bet he will cash in big time. So you need more than just the $12M in cap if you want to resign Thornton and add some nice FAs. Thornton showed incredible scoring ability and looked like the biggest steal of the draft at the end of the year last year. He and Collison built instant chemistry on the floor. Give them time to grow and play together and they will flourish. Right now the depth behind him is weak. As much as you want to let Thornton soak up his opportunity and flourish, you still need some kind of stability.

Trade1:

Hornets get:
Vince Carter $17M expiring
Brandon Bass $4M per year
Marcin Gortat $6.3M per year
Total: $27.3M

Magic get:
Emeka Okafor $11.5M per year
James Posey $6.5M per year
David West $8.3M per year
Total: $26.3M

Why it works for NOR:
Carter can be a solid presence off the bench. He's a high character guy who can guide Thornton down the correct path to stardom. Then at the end of the season, you clear $17M off the books...even if he's not what you thought he would be. You also dump Okafor and Posey's ugly contracts and free up your financial future for the long term. The rewards are self explanatory. Losing West stings a little, but not a lot. The guy has a player option to choose to hit FA next summer. The FA crop is weak. By making himself eligible, he becomes one of the most sought after FAs. This will probably be his last high paying contract, and I think it would be difficult for NOR to keep him in the fold under the current situation without this trade. Besides, Craig Brackins is a David West clone in the making AND you are also getting Brandon Bass from Orlando. Bass has a small $4M per year deal that lasts until 2013, but he has a PO in 2012 when he could choose to opt out. Gortat is the international flavor guy that your new GM loves. He has the ability to be a starting caliber NBA center. He's still young yet very mature and experienced. I could see him flourishing in a starting role. Plus, he doesn't make a lot of money that would strap you from upgrading the position if you desired. This trade saves NOR's multimillions and frees up their financial freedom of the future.

Why it works for the Magic:
Carter is a hated man in Orlando. I think it's undeserving, but his critics are loud and they are harsh. This deal does not help Orlando financially, but they are already strapped hard. It's not a matter of looking to save money, it's a matter of making that money spent, work effectively. Orlando has hit problems once they've hit the elite teams like LA and Boston. They're problem was partly being inadequate in the post. Gasol and Bynum were too much. KG, Davis, Wallace, Perkins were too much. Now Orlando has the post to match up. Howard, West, Okafor, Lewis. The good thing about it is that Okafor can play PF or C and he is a defensive specialist who doesn't need to be a ball hog to be effective. West is a guy who doesn't clog up the post where Dwight is either. He has a fantastic mid range shot and he knows how to work his way to the rim off the dribble. Both Okafor and West are also great rebounders. That will help the Magic who currently starts Lewis at the 4 who averages a measly 4 rebounds a game last year. Now Lewis can slide to the 3 where he played the first 9 years of his career. He still can stretch the floor effectively from that position and post up on smaller opposing SFs which he is good at. Posey is a solid guy off the bench when healthy and he'll find work at SG and SF at times. This deal locks up Orlando financially for a long time, but ownership hasn't been shy about spending money if they think it will help and they are not looking to be playing under the cap anytime soon either. They are banking on West to sign an extension which he would probably like to do on a winning team at this stage of his career in a tax free state too.

---------------------------------------------------------

Trade 2:

NOR gets:
Danny Granger $11M
Brandon Rush $2M
Roy Hibbert $2M
Total: $15M

IND gets:
Chris Paul $15M
Total: $15M

This is what I mean by allocating your resources. Trade a guy like Paul to get a guy like Granger to fill your need at SF, and build depth with Rush and Hibbert. You don't want to start the season with Peja Stojakovic as your starting SF, do you? Nah. Grab Granger who has been on the block to Indiana who has been desperately seeking a PG. Bada bing, bada boom.

Here's your 2010-11 New Orleans Hornets:

PG Darren Collison / Luther Head / 3rd stringer
SG Marcus Thornton / Vince Carter / Brandon Rush
SF Danny Granger / Julian Wright / Quincy Pondexter / Peja Stojakovic
PF Brandon Bass / Craig Brackins / Darius Songaila
C Marcin Gortat / Aaron Gray / Roy Hibbert

Going into the summer of 2011 you clear $37.1M off the books:

Stojakovic - $15.3M
Carter - $17M
Songaila - $4.8M

Plus you have the option to give very cheap Team Options to Hibbert, Rush, Collison and Wright has a Qualifying offer. That's flexibility. You have the ability to do MAJOR damage in FA. I haven't calculated it, but I think you could add 2 max contracts to that existing core.

As Keak would say... Bingo, Jingo, Jango!
Old 07-21-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post

Definitely up there thats for sure. His dunk contest is still the best performance ive ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Per Rotoworld:

"Matt Barnes is reportedly "leaning toward" playing with a contender rather than taking some additional money to play for the Cavs.
Barnes' fantasy value for the upcoming season will likely be determined soon. Playing for a contender would limit Barnes' value, while suiting up for the Cavs would likely give him the best shot at being a worthwhile consideration in fantasy leagues."

Guessing by the teams that previously showed interest in him, it's going to be either Miami, LA, or Dallas.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-21-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post

Living in the past. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got a used copy of a basketball game for the PS2 from like 2002 for a couple bucks a few years ago, and the first thing I did was start a franchise with a fantasy draft and I took VC #1, lol. Averaged like 50 ppg just dunking like a crazy person the whole time....he was way overpowered in that game. Fun times.....also had old Michael Jordan on my team and a very young Gilbert Arenas (which is why think it's a bit ironic that they could be traded for eachother now, Gil and VC.)

Wouldn't be the first time I made a move in a sports video game then had it turn out in reality...kind of scary sometimes.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I got a used copy of a basketball game for the PS2 from like 2002 for a couple bucks a few years ago, and the first thing I did was start a franchise with a fantasy draft and I took VC #1, lol. Averaged like 50 ppg just dunking like a crazy person the whole time....he was way overpowered in that game. Fun times.....also had old Michael Jordan on my team and a very young Gilbert Arenas (which is why think it's a bit ironic that they could be traded for eachother now, Gil and VC.)

Wouldn't be the first time I made a move in a sports video game then had it turn out in reality...kind of scary sometimes.
I actually got Adam Morrison for Vladimir Radmanovic once. Of course, it was NBA Live 07 (TMac on cover), and Morrison was supposed to be good.

I was also surprised to see that Kwame Brown + Aaron McKie for Pau Gasol does actually work in the game. Brown (75) isn't an expiring contract just yet, and McKie (60-something) just sucks. Gasol's pretty good (85).

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-21-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D-Unit you do realize that Darren Collison is a LONG way from being anything close to Chris Paul, right?

I know he played fairly well when Paul was out but he can't be playing point guard with the insane amount of turn overs he was committing.