Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
From Bill Simmons:

Fairest trade: Melo/JR/Billups to Houston for Brooks/Kev. Martin/J. Hill/Battier/Jeffries + NYK's 2012 #1 + $3 million. Denv saves $21 mill.
Ehhhhhhhhhh.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do It Houston!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling the Knicks fail on this one too. Carmelo and Amare in D'Antoni's system would be fun to watch. (main reason I wanted LeBron in NY)

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Please come and be awesome with the Knicks, Melo!
Is it wrong that I just don't care? If we get Melo and part with AR and Gallo we're not going to be a championship team unless we can get Paul to join them in a year, and even then it'll be tough for us to fill out the lineup enough to beat Miami and LA without using the recycling of veterans approach that's going to get watered down with another big time searching through the same set of players.

If we don't get Melo we're still in a really good spot as a young improving team with Stat to take the defensive focus off of all of the young guys. We won't contend yet either but at least we have a lot of cap space and keep our young pieces. And before you go after the me with the "what use is cap space with no one to spend it on" I'm just going to say that Memphis will be letting OJ Mayo or Marc Gasol walk over the next two years, both of those players would really help this team while we still kept us with the cap space for Paul or Deron in 2012.

Granted the gallo homer in me and my disappointment in LeBron as a competitor may be hugely tainting my view but if we're not going to win titles I don't want to watch Melo and Amare taking ever shot and being so tired from scoring so much that they can't even try to play D. That does not excite me, now if Melo was coming through FA I'd be much more excited, Gallo, Melo and STAT would be a trio I'd love to watch Felton hand the ball off to and we could still trade AR to find that C we'd need for the playoffs.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 08-27-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea, I'm not ever sure I'd want the Nets to give up what they'd have to for Melo. It'd be like Favors, Harris and T-WIll or some crap like that, and I dont wanna really do that
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
yea, I'm not ever sure I'd want the Nets to give up what they'd have to for Melo. It'd be like Favors, Harris and T-WIll or some crap like that, and I dont wanna really do that
It's a tough situation to think objectively about. All those guys have very slick ceilings. But the fact is that there are very, very few guys that are straight up known commodities you can build a team around. Melo is one of those guys, and he's young. You know who else is young? Bropez.

My call would be if you have to execute the rest of the team to start the Lopez/Melo era, so be it. With a billionaire owner backing everything up, the rest will fall into place.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Carmelo goes to Houston. they would have to be getting him to trade to someone else because they are the leader in moneybball, and Melo is like a HR hitter. he scores a lot, but not efficiently, which is the opposite of moneybball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
I don't think Carmelo goes to Houston. they would have to be getting him to trade to someone else because they are the leader in moneybball, and Melo is like a HR hitter. he scores a lot, but not efficiently, which is the opposite of moneybball.

One argument against acquiring Carmelo: is it just more, or would this be a lot like the T-Mac/Yao tandem?

Last edited by Shiver : 08-27-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
It's a tough situation to think objectively about. All those guys have very slick ceilings. But the fact is that there are very, very few guys that are straight up known commodities you can build a team around. Melo is one of those guys, and he's young. You know who else is young? Bropez.

My call would be if you have to execute the rest of the team to start the Lopez/Melo era, so be it. With a billionaire owner backing everything up, the rest will fall into place.
this is true. Melo and Bropez is a filthy young combo, and we have 10 picks in the next 3 years I believe, along with some decent role/bench players who could step up if need be to start ala Farmar and Morrow if we dealt Harris and T-Will.
Farmar-Morrow-Melo-Murphy-Bropez.
(that's assuming Harris and T-Will would go in said deal).
That's an...odd team haha, but could be decent.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If I'm the nets Im giving up anything except Favors and Bropez

Melo-Favors-Bropez is a filthy core to build around

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melo-Bropez would be one of the better 1-2 punches in the NBA. Up there with Kobe & Pau
Old 08-27-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
One argument against acquiring Carmelo: is it just more, or would this be a lot like the T-Mac/Yao tandem?
yeah some what.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I love the Lopez-Anthony combo. With Yao, he just isn't going to be healthy/young enough to take advantage of the situation. Lopez and Anthony would be a dynamite 1-2 outside-inside punch. Add a few role players and voila! Instant contender.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What would be a good package the Clippers could offer the Nuggets? They'd be very good if they got Melo.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gordon, Kaman, Aminu?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Curry+Radman+Gadz for Melo/filler

Come run with Monta =DD

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Curry >> Monta
Old 08-27-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

too bad it isn't true.

Quote:
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll save Nixon the time and say that Curry only took easy shots and plays scared and Monta Ellis is the best player evar.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Monta isn't the best player ever, and Curry stepped up late in the season.

Quote:
Old 08-27-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Is it wrong that I just don't care? If we get Melo and part with AR and Gallo we're not going to be a championship team unless we can get Paul to join them in a year, and even then it'll be tough for us to fill out the lineup enough to beat Miami and LA without using the recycling of veterans approach that's going to get watered down with another big time searching through the same set of players.

If we don't get Melo we're still in a really good spot as a young improving team with Stat to take the defensive focus off of all of the young guys. We won't contend yet either but at least we have a lot of cap space and keep our young pieces. And before you go after the me with the "what use is cap space with no one to spend it on" I'm just going to say that Memphis will be letting OJ Mayo or Marc Gasol walk over the next two years, both of those players would really help this team while we still kept us with the cap space for Paul or Deron in 2012.

Granted the gallo homer in me and my disappointment in LeBron as a competitor may be hugely tainting my view but if we're not going to win titles I don't want to watch Melo and Amare taking ever shot and being so tired from scoring so much that they can't even try to play D. That does not excite me, now if Melo was coming through FA I'd be much more excited, Gallo, Melo and STAT would be a trio I'd love to watch Felton hand the ball off to and we could still trade AR to find that C we'd need for the playoffs.
I'm not sure why you'd want OJ Mayo (vastly overrated) and Marc Gasol (good center, but not special in anyway) over a star like Melo. Personally I'd rather take my chances on getting Melo and then go from there. If we can get Paul to come, great, if not we find another point guard who can be the type of distributor we need.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayo is not vastly overrated in the least, unless you're seeing reports calling him an elite player somewhere. He's a very good guard who doesn't have the best team around him to succeed. As for Gasol, he's improving every year and is a very tough and physical guy with offensive skills, so he's not exactly nothing special.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Mayo is not vastly overrated in the least, unless you're seeing reports calling him an elite player somewhere. He's a very good guard who doesn't have the best team around him to succeed. As for Gasol, he's improving every year and is a very tough and physical guy with offensive skills, so he's not exactly nothing special.
Eh, I think he got overhyped after his rookie campaign. I just don't see him becoming a star like some. He's a good player, just not great. Which could come in time I suppose.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
Monta isn't the best player ever, and Curry stepped up late in the season.
wait.... as a rookie playing with 2 black holes he didn't come in and average 26 8 8 his first month? Curry = team USA, Monta = Team Vespa

Quote:

Old 08-27-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

eh, I'm not saying Denver would do this but it's what I thought of real quick. But they don't need Harris with Chauncy and Lawson so really I'm not sure what we'd give up. I'd really like to hold onto Favors, but I just don't think that's possible
Quote: