Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2010, 12:22 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I should have known FAs can't be traded. This is what happens when work distracts me from DC.

Honestly, I don't want to give up Noah but it's ******* Carmello Anthony. I don't want to give up a promising young C, but the Bulls (and fans) learned the hard way what happens when you refuse to give up a young promising guy for proven commodities (cough cough deng cough).

The only problem is trading Noah would mean we'd have a terrible front court defense and put all our eggs in the Omer Asik delicious Turkey basket. Unless we roll with Kurt Thomas or whatever annual the old man PF/C we sign in the offseason.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

THERE IS NO GIVING UP OF JOAKIM NOAH. As an honorary Bulls fan until the Pistons are awake, I will not allow him to be traded.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Yea, I should have known FAs can't be traded. This is what happens when work distracts me from DC.

Honestly, I don't want to give up Noah but it's ******* Carmello Anthony. I don't want to give up a promising young C, but the Bulls (and fans) learned the hard way what happens when you refuse to give up a young promising guy for proven commodities (cough cough deng cough).

The only problem is trading Noah would mean we'd have a terrible front court defense and put all our eggs in the Omer Asik delicious Turkey basket. Unless we roll with Kurt Thomas or whatever annual the old man PF/C we sign in the offseason.
Kurt Thomas is a good player. He held it down for us the last month of the season when Bogut got hurt. I don't know if he could make it a whole season playing major minutes, but Earl Barron is a guy that's still available. If the Nuggets want to cut salary maybe they'd add Nene or Birdman to the deal.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Super epic trade that makes no sense, nor will ever happen...is here.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=27cln3a

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
THERE IS NO GIVING UP OF JOAKIM NOAH. As an honorary Bulls fan until the Pistons are awake, I will not allow him to be traded.

Honestly the Bulls are way better off with Noah. You need the defense, rebounding, energy. You need those those things to win when it counts. Carmelo Anthony is flashier, but I think they would win more with Noah + Deng rather than Anthony + Kurt Thomas.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only reason they would is because someone would pick up on the scoring end. If they could get Melo while keeping Noah, they'd easily be in the top three teams in the NBA in terms of talent.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Noah is now overrated.

You can't hesitate trading 6'10 pretty good center for a top 5 player in the game, you just can't.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Noah is now overrated.

You can't hesitate trading 6'10 pretty good center for a top 5 player in the game, you just can't.
Yes you can.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-10-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes you can.
I would trade Bropez for Melo if I had to, although I don't think the Nets would have needed to given the Nuggets sitch. These guys even at their ceilings are not more valuable than Melo right now, he is a franchise changing kind of force.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I would trade Bropez for Melo if I had to, although I don't think the Nets would have needed to given the Nuggets sitch. These guys even at their ceilings are not more valuable than Melo right now, he is a franchise changing kind of force.
The Bulls really wouldn't be much better with Melo instead of Noah.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-10-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The Bulls really wouldn't be much better with Melo instead of Noah.
Send Deng to the 2 or have him off the bench and that's a slick weapon, Rose/Melo/Boozer? At a certain point it's kind of an unstoppable offense which is not their ceiling right now. I'd like to see it in any case, still don't think melo goes anywhere.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I am Chicago and I can be guaranteed I can resign Melo if I trade Noah, I am doing it.

EDIT - What an uneventful 4000th post.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a somewhat closet Joakim Noah fan until last year when he kicked arse, and then I came out of the Noah closet. And then he called LeBron a *****, and then he talked **** about Cleveland so now I'm pretty much his boyfriend.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Send Deng to the 2 or have him off the bench and that's a slick weapon, Rose/Melo/Boozer? At a certain point it's kind of an unstoppable offense which is not their ceiling right now. I'd like to see it in any case, still don't think melo goes anywhere.
Boozer would work better with a great defender at his back like Noah.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-10-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From a paper standpoint, trading Noah+Deng for Melo makes perfect sense, but I question whether or not its the right move on the court. How are they gonna replace Noah's toughness, defense and rebounding?

Also Melo's a great scorer, but I don't think he's a top 5 player. I don't think he's on the level of a LeBron, Kobe, Wade, Durant, healthy CP3. I don't think he does enough to affect a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The trade could never happen as there is no ******* way that the nuggets would be willing to take on Dengs contract, but as I said before people are clearly underrating Carmelo Anthony. There comes a time where the increase in talent and skill is just way too much to pass up.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For Chicago to be successful, they need Noah's rebounding and his defensive intensity. Those skills are more important to a team with Derrick Rose and Carlos Boozer than scoring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Noah as a piece for Melo? lol. You don't think twice.Bulls aren't going anywhere without an elite scorer. Noah is a nice piece to have but not essential. Hopefully this goes down and GS gets in a 3 way to get Luol Deng.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chicago needs all the rebounding, defense and toughness they can get if they want to take on Miami, Boston and Orlando. A team of Rose-Brewer-Anthony-Boozer-Thomas/Asik would only be able to get so far until they had to stop somebody. They would be a team with 1, count 'em, 1 defensive stopper. Rose, Anthony and Boozer aren't exactly known for their consistent defensive effort. Joakim Noah is better than Carmelo Anthony in the sense that he compliments the weaknesses of his teammates. To win you need a wide variety of skills.

*of course if Chicago could pull it off while keeping Noah, by all means do it.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chicago has no shot at Melo, I would never accept Joakim Noah as the main piece in a deal for a stud like Anthony

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:58 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I don't see how we get much better trading Noah for Anthony. Sure we become more explosive, but we also lose defense, rebounding, hustle and leadership.

The more I think about it, the more I don't want to trade Noah for Anthony. I'm in total agreement with Shiver's logic on weakening the front court not being a very bright idea.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
Noah as a piece for Melo? lol. You don't think twice.Bulls aren't going anywhere without an elite scorer. Noah is a nice piece to have but not essential. Hopefully this goes down and GS gets in a 3 way to get Luol Deng.
Yeah Monta Ellis is an "Elite Scorer". How many games has the rebounding/defense deficient Warriors won with him as their best player.

Derrick Rose's 20 a game last year is plenty enough. They have Shooters already and low post scoring. Name 5 centers better than Joakim Noah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, Brook Lopez, Tim Duncan, Andrew Bynum, David Lee, Al Horford

Old 09-10-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Al Horford and David Lee aren't centers, and Andrew Bynum is hurt every week so he should not be considered better (and I'm not sure why you listed him and not Yao).

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-10-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

throw Yao on that list too