Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I guess I just do not think as highly of Carmelo Anthony as you all do. I think he is good enough to guarantee you make the playoffs, but I don't see him ever carrying a team on his back and being an "elite" player. The guy is more Tracy McGrady/Paul Pierce than he is LeBron James/Kobe Bryant.
He did it in 2002-2003...

And leading a team to an NCAA championship on your back is arguably more difficult than leading an NBA team to a championship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
No he isn't
hahahahhahahahahahahahhahaha.

Dude this board is so dumb. Blocking and Rebounding. That's it. Noah got bitched around by Shaq down in the post. Take any center add 30-40 pounds, Joakim Noah is now useless.

I love what he brings, but for the love of god, he is not Hakeem Olajuwon.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes he is, but that isn't the question. I have no doubt in my mind that the Bulls with Noah would win more games than the Bulls with Anthony. Their new coach is defensive oriented anyway. They will be a very tough out next year as they currently stand, why completely change your team's direction now? They will hustle, play tough, with high energy and they have Derrick Rose as the X-Factor.
Unless Rose develops into a top 5-10 player(which I do not see happening) in the league the Bulls wont have a chance at beating a team like the Heat or Lakers. If the Bulls got Melo they would have a base upon which a championship team could be built upon, not just a 4-5 seed in the East
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Melo's great...but give me Durant 10 out of 10 times. Durant isnt that far off from becoming the league's top player, imo.
I think he'll be the league's top scorer(not just leading scorer, but the guy who is the best at scoring the ball) as early as next season. Top player overall, I'm not sure. It's really difficult to impact a game the way LeBron does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Unless Rose develops into a top 5-10 player(which I do not see happening) in the league the Bulls wont have a chance at beating a team like the Heat or Lakers. If the Bulls got Melo they would have a base upon which a championship team could be built upon, not just a 4-5 seed in the East
They're a legitimate contender for the two seed in the East...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, they wouldn't be better with Anthony. You really think a team that has no center is a "base" for a champion? A team with no defense?

Carmelo Anthony is not an elite player, sorry. You have to be efficient, you have to make your teammates better, you have to be able to play defense. All those things Anthony does not do all that well. At least not to the point where they would have any chance to beat a good team in the playoffs. They would get stomped by Miami, Orlando and Boston.

Oh and Soybean.. it is super easy for one player to carry his team through the tournament. It happens all the time, most recently with Stephen Curry's Davidson.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:43 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Carmelo Anthony is not an elite player, sorry.
eeeek, shiv
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:11 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
They're a legitimate contender for the two seed in the East...
Boozer takes them from a borderline playoff team to the #1 contender?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:55 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

Dude this board is so dumb. Blocking and Rebounding. That's it. Noah got bitched around by Shaq down in the post. Take any center add 30-40 pounds, Joakim Noah is now useless.

I love what he brings, but for the love of god, he is not Hakeem Olajuwon.
He didn't get bitched around lol. He was dominating the glass all series. He had a 20/20 game I think. He's better than Brook Lopez by a comfortable margin. Robin Lopez isn't that far behind Brook in terms of impact.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Boozer takes them from a borderline playoff team to the #1 contender?
An improved Rose, Boozer, shooters they desperately needed (Korver, Watson), better perimeter defense (Brewer) and an actual mobile backup big man (Asik). But yeah, it's just Boozer...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:47 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He didn't get bitched around lol. He was dominating the glass all series. He had a 20/20 game I think. He's better than Brook Lopez by a comfortable margin. Robin Lopez isn't that far behind Brook in terms of impact.
listen, i let it go and didn't care when you went on your hilarious Monta boner fests but are you kidding me? Bropez had what? 18/9 being the ONLY devent player on the Nets (Harris was hurt all year and turned to a chucker). Bropez was literally doubled and tripled the entire game, and still put up these numbers. this is hilarious. Brook Lopez is easily a top 5 center after his 2nd year. In terms of impact? Brook Lopez WAS the only impact the Nets had. your view on Brook Lopez is hilarious...and one of the stupidest and most ignorant thing I've ever, ever seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:58 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All that impact, and they won 12 games. He's a garbage time all star,just like Stephen Curry. Average rebounder for his size+position. Mediocre defender. Overhyped young player for a terrible team.

Quote:
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:02 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All that impact, and they won 12 games. He's a garbage time all star,just like Stephen Curry. Average rebounder for his size+position. Mediocre defender. Overhyped young player for a terrible team.
what part of doubled and tripled ALL game don't you understand? DID YOU WATCH HIM PLAY? here's your golden Monta argument. I watched EVERY SINGLE Nets game. I think I know more about Bropez than you do. Average rebounder? he averaged between 8-9 boards in his 2nd year...with YI ******* JIANLIAN as his power forward. Mediocre defender? Granted, defense isn't his strength, but to his defense, he did have to cover every teams PF and C because well...YI ******* JIANLIAN was his PF. And yes, the Nets were terrible, but at least we're building the right way and will win at least 10+ more games than the Warriors this year.
Your post just makes no sense and has more holes than swiss cheese. You have absolutely 0 clue what you're talking about when it comes to Bropez, so stop pretending like you do
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:06 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoyed that thoroughly scotty.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:18 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
what part of doubled and tripled ALL game don't you understand? DID YOU WATCH HIM PLAY? here's your golden Monta argument. I watched EVERY SINGLE Nets game. I think I know more about Bropez than you do. Average rebounder? he averaged between 8-9 boards in his 2nd year...with YI ******* JIANLIAN as his power forward. Mediocre defender? Granted, defense isn't his strength, but to his defense, he did have to cover every teams PF and C because well...YI ******* JIANLIAN was his PF. And yes, the Nets were terrible, but at least we're building the right way and will win at least 10+ more games than the Warriors this year.
Your post just makes no sense and has more holes than swiss cheese. You have absolutely 0 clue what you're talking about when it comes to Bropez, so stop pretending like you do
With Yi as his power forward, he should have no one to compete with for rebounds. He was 19th in rebounding..below average.

If they win more than 10+ games, I wouldn't be surprised. They play in a more shallow conference, and are a much better team when healthy. Garbage,slop,Nellieball won't win many games anyway. Still doesn't make Brook Lopez not overrated.

Quote:
Old 09-12-2010, 10:27 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With Yi as his power forward, he should have no one to compete with for rebounds. He was 19th in rebounding..below average.

If they win more than 10+ games, I wouldn't be surprised. They play in a more shallow conference, and are a much better team when healthy. Garbage,slop,Nellieball won't win many games anyway. Still doesn't make Brook Lopez not overrated.
Well, the leading power forwards and centers are the top rebounders. There are 60 of them in the league. Being 19th is higher than being 30th, which would be average. So 19 is not only not below average, it is above it.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:43 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Well, the leading power forwards and centers are the top rebounders. There are 60 of them in the league. Being 19th is higher than being 30th, which would be average. So 19 is not only not below average, it is above it.
Actually, using total rebound %(measures the total number of available rebounds grabbed by player whilst on the floor) he's 40th in the NBA.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...der_by=trb_pct

Quote:
Old 09-12-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

no, it means that Bropez would have to beat and box out the opposing teams PF and C. do you understand basketball?
AND I WATCH MORE THAN HIM THAN YOU! I'M RIGHT.
but seriously, you've probably seen him play like 5 times. and you totally ignored the majority of my post
Quote:
Old 09-12-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

I answered everything you said. He does not rebnound at a high rate. He's mediocre for a guy who plays a lot of minutes and has no other rebounder to compete with.

David Lee competed with no one, and he rebounded well for an undersized C.

Quote:
Old 09-12-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually, using total rebound %(measures the total number of available rebounds grabbed by player whilst on the floor) he's 40th in the NBA.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...der_by=trb_pct
hey dude... there is this thing called "Minimums" that filter about half of those names off of that list. You set the minimum minutes played to 1000 (really, a resonable number. like 12-13 minutes a game) and Lopez is 21 spots higher. You go to 2000 and he is 11th overall. A guy playing 8 minutes in a game is going to get a higher proportion of rebounds than a dude carrying a team playing 32+. Proven numbers don't lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

He's playing huge minutes and is mediocre in rebounding statistics.

Quote:
Old 09-12-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's playing huge minutes and is mediocre in rebounding statistics.
Yeah you are right. I'd rather have Earl Barron rebounding for my team over Brook Lopez. Barron's TRB% is unreal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Actually, yeah I would xD

Quote:
Old 09-12-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ho Hum, the Kevin Durants won the gold...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I answered everything you said. He does not rebnound at a high rate. He's mediocre for a guy who plays a lot of minutes and has no other rebounder to compete with.

David Lee competed with no one, and he rebounded well for an undersized C.
Yeah, but D lee also stopped boxing out two years ago, and stole a lot of rebounds from Gallo and Free Candy, like literally ripped the ball out of his own team-mate's hands. So his numbers where deceiving and he wasn't as helpful of a rebounder as his numbers would suggest.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:01 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Oh I know...The Knicks fans on realGM come over to our board to tell us that repeatedly. -.-. Brook Lopez can't even inflate his rebounding to at least give himself great stats.

Quote: