Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
I can't name 5 players better than Carmelo Anthony. His defense has gotten better and better the past two years. He's good enough that he won't get burned repeatedly, by anyone not named LeBron James. That's not his role. I'm sure Kevin Durant could be a 6 ast+ per game player if that was his role. It's not. They are volume scorers. Only freak players like LeBron and Wade can be elite volume scorer and elite play maker.

They'd win 45+ games. Brook Lopez is never going to be better than Carmelo Anthony( at least consensus top 10 player). You're getting Carmleo in his prime(if resigned).If you have to give up both Favors and Lopez...do it. Neither guy has top 10 player potential.
Better right now:

Definitely better

LeBron James
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Durant
Dwyane Wade
Chris Paul
Dwight Howard

Same tier

Dirk Nowitzki
Steve Nash
Deron Williams
Pau Gasol

If you're talking about building for the future then the same list, minus Nash and Nowitzki.

Last edited by Shiver : 09-22-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they can get Melo for Favors and two firsts, that would be a god damn steal. The Nets would be legit. Favors might be an all star forward, at least one of those first two rounders will probably bust, and Melo is a top 3 small forward.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

give up Favors AND Lopez?
honestly, might be the dumbest thing I've ever read ever. Yea, because Devin Harris and Melo are going to lead the Nets ANYWHERE. Yes, the Nets should start Harris-TWill-Melo-Murphy-JOHAN PETRO.

seriously...like really? I can't comprehend the just sheer ignorance. You give up Favors, fine. I love Favors and his potential, but Harris-TWill-Melo-Murphy-Bropez is a damn good lineup with a decent bench with Morrow, Farmar, and Outlaw(what a stupid signing, ugh).

My lord, I can't wait til Bropez shuts all the haters up this year and solidifies himself as a top 5 center and an elite offensive center...you know, now that he's not playing with Yi, Trenton Hassel, Chris Quinn, Kris Humphries, Josh Boone...need I go on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have you seen the centers in the league? He already is a top 5 center.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robin shall reign as the better Lopez after this year

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
this is true, but he stills gets so much disrespect. it's embarassing.

also, we'll see about that fenikz! I love Fropez, but Bropez all the wayyyy
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can't change the stripes of a zebra, for that reason I wouldn't touch Carmelo. I mean he's good and all, but when it comes to guys who shoot 20+ times a game, he is at the bottom or near the bottom (Looks at Monta Ellis and Corey Maggette). If I get Melo shooting 12-15 times a game, playing off ball and stroking his midrange and driving at the end of a shotclock then I would take him in a heartbeat on a team like Chicago or Houston. He's deficiencies as a rebounder and a defender are amplified by him having to exert so much energy scoring right now. Even in the Knicks offense I wouldnt want him shooting more than 16 times. Melo jacking 20 shots isn't going to help you win if you actually have talent on your team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are there 5 real centers in the league right now?

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
Dwight, Bogut, Yao, Bropez, Bynum, and that's pretty much it considering Shaq is 800 years old.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-22-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

demarcus cousins
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yao has played like 18 more minutes than me over the past 2 years. He's playing 20 minutes a game this year since he has such bad feet problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
give up Favors AND Lopez?
honestly, might be the dumbest thing I've ever read ever. Yea, because Devin Harris and Melo are going to lead the Nets ANYWHERE. Yes, the Nets should start Harris-TWill-Melo-Murphy-JOHAN PETRO.

seriously...like really? I can't comprehend the just sheer ignorance. You give up Favors, fine. I love Favors and his potential, but Harris-TWill-Melo-Murphy-Bropez is a damn good lineup with a decent bench with Morrow, Farmar, and Outlaw(what a stupid signing, ugh).

My lord, I can't wait til Bropez shuts all the haters up this year and solidifies himself as a top 5 center and an elite offensive center...you know, now that he's not playing with Yi, Trenton Hassel, Chris Quinn, Kris Humphries, Josh Boone...need I go on?
Was that the argument? I thought it was just Bropez for Melo, straight up, essentially. If so i don't think it's down right insane. I wouldn't do it if I were the Nets, because a good young center is worth their weight in gold, but it's not crazy.

If it's Favors + Bropez then yes, it's completely insane and there is no way the Nets would do that.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Was that the argument? I thought it was just Bropez for Melo, straight up, essentially. If so i don't think it's down right insane. I wouldn't do it if I were the Nets, because a good young center is worth their weight in gold, but it's not crazy.

If it's Favors + Bropez then yes, it's completely insane and there is no way the Nets would do that.
evilnixon said the nets should give up Favors and Bropez if they had to, which is insane.

Bropez and change for Melo, yes, it'd be a big loss, and we'd probably end up starting Troy Murphy at center...but I think i'd be ok with it, but it'd be putting a lot of eggs in the Favors basket. I still wouldn't do it and would prefer giving up Favors...but honestly, I'm ok with rebuilding ala the Thunder: through the draft and good role players and coaching. Harris-TWill-Outlaw-Murphy/Favors-Bropez isn't too bad a team with Morrow, Farmar, James off the bench. I think it could be a possible playoff team. yea, I want Melo, but I'm going to keep my dream of him just declining to sign an extension, realizing signing with the Nets straight up would be the best thing for everyone.
Harris-TWill-Melo-Favors-Bropez? SEXINMYMOUTH
Quote:
Old 09-22-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's fair then. I thought it was just Bropez for Melo. Obviously if Favors involved you'd have to squash that trade.

You better trade for Melo though Scotty, or else he's gonna be a Knick after the off-season!
Old 09-22-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

no! Proky's gonna do some crazy russian mob **** and get us a super star swingman...somehow, he'll do it! I hope. *sigh*
Quote:
Old 09-22-2010, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
You can't change the stripes of a zebra, for that reason I wouldn't touch Carmelo. I mean he's good and all, but when it comes to guys who shoot 20+ times a game, he is at the bottom or near the bottom (Looks at Monta Ellis and Corey Maggette). If I get Melo shooting 12-15 times a game, playing off ball and stroking his midrange and driving at the end of a shotclock then I would take him in a heartbeat on a team like Chicago or Houston. He's deficiencies as a rebounder and a defender are amplified by him having to exert so much energy scoring right now. Even in the Knicks offense I wouldnt want him shooting more than 16 times. Melo jacking 20 shots isn't going to help you win if you actually have talent on your team.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
There are, they are just injury prone like a ************. If Yao Ming, Andrew Bynum and Greg Oden could stay healthy the league would have plenty of very good to great true centers. I don't see why you wouldn't put Brook Lopez ahead of Joakim Noah, Marc Gasol, Andrew Bogut. He has the potential to be the 2nd best center in the league.

Last edited by Shiver : 09-22-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Numbers, numbers, stats, efficiency, all that is ******* trash. You're a god damn idiot if you don't think Carmelo Anthony is one of the best players in the NBA, especially when you start comparing him to Corey ************* Maggette.

You shouldn't give up a proven near elite big man + a huge talent like Favors for him, only because that would completely destroy the whole team, and it would be like starting all over again, only with Melo as the center piece. He's worth Lopez+Favors+more, but that doesn't mean it would be a smart trade for the Nets.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I really hate Favors, but there's no way Melo is probably worth Bropez + Favors. I wouldn't even give up Bropez for him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-23-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were the Nets I only give up Favors/T will and a first

They would still have a dynamic 3 with Melo mainly scoring, Harris doing a little bit of everything and then if Bropez can do his job on the inside thats easily a 3 or 4 seed in the East, maybe 4 or 5..
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really hate Favors, but there's no way Melo is probably worth Bropez + Favors. I wouldn't even give up Bropez for him.
Given the situation the Nets are in, i wouldn't either. But he is very much worth that, and more.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Numbers, numbers, stats, efficiency, all that is ******* trash. You're a god damn idiot if you don't think Carmelo Anthony is one of the best players in the NBA, especially when you start comparing him to Corey ************* Maggette.

You shouldn't give up a proven near elite big man + a huge talent like Favors for him, only because that would completely destroy the whole team, and it would be like starting all over again, only with Melo as the center piece. He's worth Lopez+Favors+more, but that doesn't mean it would be a smart trade for the Nets.

I won't address the Maggette thing, because I didn't say that. I already posted my top-10 players.

Numbers, stats and efficiency are certainly not trash. They help contextualize production. But his argument had far more than just random stats: the fact that he plays like a lone wolf, jacking up lots of shots, doesn't play defense or rebound like you would want from a so-called "elite" player. You can justify Favors, picks and contracts for a player like Carmelo Anthony, but no more. He definitely isn't worth a true, potentially 20/10/2, center.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Melo is a lot more efficient than you're making him out to be, and I'd say he's the 6th best player in the NBA. I still wouldn't trade Bropez for him though, because he rules.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-23-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I have him at 7/8 I suppose. I wouldn't take him over LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul or Dwight Howard. Then you get the players in Carmelo's tier: Dirk, Gasol, Deron Williams.

I think Carmelo Anthony is more of a 2nd player on a championship contender, a team already having a top option and loaded with defensive specialists and shooters, than the alpha dog. Kind of like Paul Pierce before the Celtics added Garnett and Allen.

Last edited by Shiver : 09-23-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

To get off of the Melo topic for a second, the Hornets traded Darius Songaila and Craig Brackins to the Sixers for Willie Green and Jason Smith. In other words, the Sixers got someone to take annual "holy **** how is he getting minutes" player Willie Green off their hands.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-23-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Wow, Willie Green is still in the NBA? lol