Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I want to see the Celtics beat the Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals.. wait, WTF did I just say?
I hate the Celtics. I want to see the Lakers vs. Heat.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm cheering for the Bulls or Bucks to upset their way into the Finals.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whatever, when the Nets as the 8 seed upset the 1 seed Heat, you'll all love me and be like "ZOMGZ PROPHET SCOTTY!"

yea, that's right. And Lebron will be like "****, I should've joined Team Proky, Jay-Z, and Scotty"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:30 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Kobe can beat this superteam in the finals it will essentially be the end to an already impressive resume.

I expect this to happen...

... then for the heat to win the next 3-4 championships. (after kobe retires ;)
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
whatever, when the Nets as the 8 seed upset the 1 seed Heat, you'll all love me and be like "ZOMGZ PROPHET SCOTTY!"

yea, that's right. And Lebron will be like "****, I should've joined Team Proky, Jay-Z, and Scotty"
nah LeBron would just play the race card
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heat vs Thunder Finals

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no fenikz, the Heat are getting upset in round 1 by the 8 seed Nets, we established this already. pick a different team to lose to the thunder in the finals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Heat vs Thunder Finals
I'd love watching that. I loathe Lakers vs Celtics finals. So boring. Young studs in Durant and Westbrook vs slightly older studs in Wade/LeBron would be awesome.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I'd love watching that. I loathe Lakers vs Celtics finals. So boring. Young studs in Durant and Westbrook vs slightly older studs in Wade/LeBron would be awesome.
:O lakers/celtics finals is not boring, it is the rock from which pro basketball was built.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If anything Phoenix is getting younger not older
I guess I should have clarified: Steve Nash is getting older. I don't know how he can keep playing as well as he does, but when he fades so too will the Suns fade. You can't replace what he brings and I love Dragic as much as anybody who doesn't live in Slovenia.

Quote:
Heat vs Thunder Finals

I went from thinking it could happen to thinking it will happen. I am with you. I think people in general underestimate just how quickly a team like OKC can rise to the top of the basketball world. Kevin Durant, after Coach K got to him, finally realized that he is unstoppable during the World Championships. If he keeps that mentality they can play with anybody. A match-up between the Thunder and Lakers could definitely have vibes of '91 Bulls-Lakers.

(Oh my God... we could have a lot of Thunder-Heat finals coming down the pipe.)

Last edited by Shiver : 10-01-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I guess I should have clarified: Steve Nash is getting older. I don't know how he can keep playing as well as he does, but when he fades so too will the Suns fade. You can't replace what he brings and I love Dragic as much as anybody who doesn't live in Slovenia.

I went from thinking it could happen to thinking it will happen. I am with you. I think people in general underestimate just how quickly a team like OKC can rise to the top of the basketball world. Kevin Durant, after Coach K got to him, finally realized that he is unstoppable during the World Championships. If he keeps that mentality they can play with anybody. A match-up between the Thunder and Lakers could definitely have vibes of '91 Bulls-Lakers.
Nobody in the world champs could play D like Artest or Kobe, which is to say enough to beat the Thunder. I can't knock Durant or Westbrook but the okc bigs aren't ready yet, picking them to go to the finals is still a pipe dream.

Too much has been made of a few games where Kobe was injured and off his game, after the knee draining Kobe played like himself and that was that, in combination with Laker size. those playoff games before the knee draining are overrating the Thunder right now, i sound like I'm hating. I like them obviously, who could not, but to say they are better than the Lakers right now is not something i agree with.

Last edited by CC.SD : 10-01-2010 at 09:41 PM.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Better right now isn't what I'm saying. But imagine an MVP Kevin Durant on the #2 seeded Thunder, after averaging 35/8/4 in the regular season. I could easily see a scenario where he goes completely out of his mind on the entire league.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My biggest fear going into this season is Durant having an "F U" series against the Lakers in the playoffs a la Lebron vs. Detroit.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What did the Spurs do this offseason?

Subtract Jefferson and add Splitter?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:08 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
What did the Spurs do this offseason?

Subtract Jefferson and add Splitter?
Richard Jefferson re-signed with them. Also drafted James Anderson.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Richard Jefferson re-signed with them. Also drafted James Anderson.
He will be awesome.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:33 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anderson can get his points and bringing Splitter over is huge.. a lot of people are probably sleeping on the Spurs. IF they can stay healthy, they are dangerous. Great coach, great leadership, and great teamwork. Hate them though.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I see the West as this:

1. Los Angeles
2. Oklahoma City
3. Dallas
4. Utah
5. San Antonio
6. New Orleans
7. Portland
8. Phoenix

... Denver (I fully expect them to trade Carmelo)

Last edited by Shiver : 10-02-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is Phil's last year though... I can't see him going out a loser.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
the okc bigs aren't ready yet, picking them to go to the finals is still a pipe dream.
This is pretty much it. The NBA playoffs are the opposite of March Madness. You don't win without good bigs. I like Aldrich, but we haven't seen him in the NBA (where he might suck). I like Krstic too, but he hasn't played that great since pre-injury in New Jersey. They've dropped the ball in not being aggressive enough outside of the draft and minor free agent signings to compete with the elite front courts in the NBA.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I see the West as this:

1. Los Angeles
2. Oklahoma City
3. Dallas
4. Utah
5. San Antonio
6. New Orleans
7. Portland
8. Phoenix

... Denver (I fully expect them to trade Carmelo)
Ehh....

1. Los Angeles
2. Dallas
3. Oklahoma City
4. Portland
5. San Antonio
6. Houston
7. Utah
8. Memphis
Old 10-02-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Dang i can't believe the NBA season is back this Monday.

Thank You, Lebron for making it feel like the NBA never left.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Heat vs Thunder Finals
doubt it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:00 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PM me if you want to play fantasy basketball. The league is set up already.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com...0/bulls-2.html

Quote:
The Bulls announced Sunday that Carlos Boozer will miss eight weeks with a fractured right hand.

The team said Boozer suffered the injury on Saturday, a day off for the Bulls. The fracture of the fifth metacarpal will require surgery.

If Boozer misses all eight weeks, he will return following the Bulls' annual November trip on November 27. That would mean 15 missed games for the Bulls' biggest offseason acquisition.
Massive loss for the Bulls.