Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Well I'm glad he said it and seems to have accepted a tutoring role and accepted that this is now John's team. Now will this later on spurn into something larger with his ego who knows, but as of now I like what Gilbert is saying and what he's doing on the court. Now I don't think this means he's on the trading block as he has little value right now and Grunfield seems to believe that Arenas will return back to Allstar form. If anything I think this might allude to Gilbert maybe declining his player option in 2 years to move on although seeing him decline 2 years 42 million seems highly unlikely. I think he's just trying to position himself in the favor of the fans and to put other teams on notice if they want to trade for him.
As long as Otis Smith is the GM of the Magic, I think he'll always have strong interest in Arenas. If they can work out the financials... ie. Arenas restructuring his deal, then I think he could end up in Orlando some day.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully Gilbert keeps it going, he is my biggest question mark on my fantasy team haha.

I do think the Wizards make the playoffs. I love Blatche and McGee down low, Arenas and Wall in the back-court. They are going to give teams major match-up problems.

Shiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yesterday we started our 3 guard lineup and while it has its advantages I wouldn't expect it to be used except for in certain situations and maybe to close out games because of its defensive liabilities. I'm expecting Al Thornton to be the starting SF as Josh Howard works his way back into shape. In fact the Wizards are actually extremely deep. I think our bench lineup could win a couple games:

PG: Kirk Hinrich
SG: Nick Young
SF: Josh Howard
PF: Trevor Booker/Kevin Seraphin
C: Yi Jianlian/Hilton Armstrong

Lester Hudson or Cartier Martin will be in the mix as well.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yi at center would be a disaster.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yesterday we started our 3 guard lineup and while it has its advantages I wouldn't expect it to be used except for in certain situations and maybe to close out games because of its defensive liabilities. I'm expecting Al Thornton to be the starting SF as Josh Howard works his way back into shape. In fact the Wizards are actually extremely deep. I think our bench lineup could win a couple games:

Yeah, that team would be 0-82.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Hahahahahaha. That team would not win one game. Hell that team wouldn't even win a quarter.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wizards beat the Pacers last year with this lineup:

PG: Shaun Livingston
SF: Mike Miller
PF: Andray Blatche
C: Fabricia Oberto
first guys off the bench: Quinton Ross, Cedric Jackson, James Singleton, and Cartier Martin.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It wouldn't go 0-82, there really isn't a reasonable group of 5 NBA players that you could put out there and do that. They would probaby only win like 10 games though.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
It wouldn't go 0-82, there really isn't a reasonable group of 5 NBA players that you could put out there and do that. They would probaby only win like 10 games though.
I disagree

PG:Anthony Carter
SG: Deshawn Stevenson
SF: Jared Jeffries
PF: Ryan Bowen/Either Collins brother
C: Calvin Booth/Shelden Williams

CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Yi at center would be a disaster.
The state of bigs in this league is so abysmal its not entirely out of the question
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a random thought, but the NBA should really contract like 10 teams.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Just a random thought, but the NBA should really contract like 10 teams.
All three of the major sports would be better off if you axed off between 3-5 teams IMO.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
All three of the major sports would be better off if you axed off between 3-5 teams IMO.
I think it's most needed in the NBA.. the talent level just seems so diluted to me.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Hahahahahaha. That team would not win one game. Hell that team wouldn't even win a quarter.
They would beat the Raptors.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
...No they wouldn't.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe they would beat them in a race to two points if they won a tip-off, but otherwise not a chance.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-06-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I think it's most needed in the NBA.. the talent level just seems so diluted to me.
A hard cap would solve that problem instantaneously. It would be too tough for teams to build super powers.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:37 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
I disagree

PG:Anthony Carter
SG: Deshawn Stevenson
SF: Jared Jeffries
PF: Ryan Bowen/Either Collins brother
C: Calvin Booth/Shelden Williams

You missed the world reasonable sir.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
...No they wouldn't.
The Raptors are the **** hole of the NBA. Of course they would lose. They're professional losers.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The Raptors are the **** hole of the NBA. Of course they would lose. They're professional losers.
I understand you are trying to troll to get under my skin. Thank god there is an ignore list.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Golden State is much more of a shithole than Toronto.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I understand you are trying to troll to get under my skin. Thank god there is an ignore list.
Huh? My post had nothing to do with you.

The Raptors just lost their franchise player. They can't ever keep good ones to stay. They make dumb moves like giving Hedo Turkoglu a 5 year, $50M contract. Only to flip him into Leandro Barbosa.

Their starting line up is:
PG Jose Calderon
SG Demar Derozan
SF Linas Kleiza
PF Amir Johnson
C Andrea Bargani

Of course I think a Wiz line up of these players could beat them.

PG Kirk Hinrich
SG Nick Young
SF Josh Howard
PF Trevor Booker/Kevin Seraphin
C Yi Jianlian/Hilton Armstrong
Old 10-06-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
Golden State is much more of a shithole than Toronto.
No way. Stephen Curry and Monta Ellis alone could take them on. Add in David Lee... up and comer Reggie Williams and Beidrins... there's no comparison.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Huh? My post had nothing to do with you.

The Raptors just lost their franchise player. They can't ever keep good ones to stay. They make dumb moves like giving Hedo Turkoglu a 5 year, $50M contract. Only to flip him into Leandro Barbosa.

Their starting line up is:
PG Jose Calderon
SG Demar Derozan
SF Linas Kleiza
PF Amir Johnson
C Andrea Bargani

Of course I think a Wiz line up of these players could beat them.

PG Kirk Hinrich
SG Nick Young
SF Josh Howard
PF Trevor Booker/Kevin Seraphin
C Yi Jianlian/Hilton Armstrong
That Raptors team is better at every single position.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-06-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
That Raptors team is better at every single position.
Outside of Bargnani, I'd say the difference is very marginal. Not enough to say they can't beat them by any means.