Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I think they will have more problems with Boston and LA than Orlando. I really don't like how Orlando matches up with them, one bit, Dwight Howard aside.
I didn't see the entire game in Miami, but I did see Orlando miss a **** load of open shots from 3. I'm talking wide open shots that they lit Washington (and us) up with. I think it was a combination of Miami playing really good defense and Orlando having a hangover/bad game.

Orlando has the severe edge at C and PG. Miami has the severe edge at SG/SF/PF (although I really do like Brandon Bass if they would get him the ******* ball more).

Orlando also has the edge off the bench. If somehow Orlando finds a balance on offense with some consistency I see no reason why they can't hang with Miami and beat them. Problem is, they're like Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. They can be the most delightful team to watch one night and the next you're pulling your hair out because of how stupid they are.

I agree, Boston right now is the much tougher match up realistically.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:40 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deng with 16 pts in the first quarter vs. the Blazers. Is that good?

Also, Noah might be ascending to the best passing big man in the league. Or at least top 3.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:02 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The scary thing about the Heat is how dominant they've been defensively. All everyone talked about is how bad they're going to be on defense and they've been the exact opposite. They haven't even really clicked offensively. When they do, watch out.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
The scary thing about the Heat is how dominant they've been defensively. All everyone talked about is how bad they're going to be on defense and they've been the exact opposite. They haven't even really clicked offensively. When they do, watch out.
That's going to be the strength of that team. I dunno if they'll ever reach their "potential" offensively, simply because none of their big three have any idea how to play off the ball. But good luck trying to score from the backcourt on them.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
You'll notice how everyone has stopped talking about the Heat now that they've started to dominate teams.

For what it's worth Lopez was fantastic against them. But it was more because he was hitting shots out of the paint, not because he was posting up and destroying Anthony. Same with Dwight.

This Heat team is going to be SCARY good when they have a couple months under their belt.

Defensively they are already elite. When they gel offensively it's going to be a nightmare for teams to handle.
Everyone knew Miami was gonna dominate the regular season. That was never in doubt. Everyone was just happy to see them lose to Boston, and that's all it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
That's going to be the strength of that team. I dunno if they'll ever reach their "potential" offensively, simply because none of their big three have any idea how to play off the ball. But good luck trying to score from the backcourt on them.

I said it time and time again: the Heat were a top-5 defense last year with basically the same personnel at C and PG, sans Jermaine O'Neal who is hardly a stalwart.

Shiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Deng with 16 pts in the first quarter vs. the Blazers. Is that good?

Also, Noah might be ascending to the best passing big man in the league. Or at least top 3.
He's going off tonight, 32 points on 13-17 shooting, 2-4 from 3, 4-5 from the stripe. Super efficient. If he becomes enough of a threat from 3 to stretch the floor a little he becomes a much, much better fit. Rose isn't doing badly with a double double either, if he starts knocking down some of those threes he's taking he'll be a ridiculously dangerous player.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
He's going off tonight, 32 points on 13-17 shooting, 2-4 from 3, 4-5 from the stripe. Super efficient. If he becomes enough of a threat from 3 to stretch the floor a little he becomes a much, much better fit. Rose isn't doing badly with a double double either, if he starts knocking down some of those threes he's taking he'll be a ridiculously dangerous player.
Derrick is going to run a train on the NBA this year. Look what happens when he has guys that can make shots (Korver, Deng when he's not acting like an old man), he has 10 assists through almost 3 quarters.

He just needs to stop forcing his 3 ball. I know he's been working on it and it's improved, but use it when you are open not as a pull up shot after a pick every time.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 11-01-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Rose's improvement as a defender is more important than his improvement as a shooter. I haven't seen him yet, but his stats are much better so he is playmaking. How has his on-ball defense been thus far?

Old 11-01-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
I think Rose's improvement as a defender is more important than his improvement as a shooter. I haven't seen him yet, but his stats are much better so he is playmaking. How has his on-ball defense been thus far?
I haven't watched too closely, and he hasn't really played anyone of note yet, but it seems like it's gotten better. Maybe not that great yet, but still better than last year. I think his off the ball defense has gotten much better though, albeit, not that great yet either.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 11-01-2010, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

The Bulls, once they get Boozer, are going to be a scary team in the East. If I was Boston or Orlando I would not want to see them in the playoffs in the series before I play the Heat. They will be an extremely tough out for any team.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Hide your kids, hide your wife, hide your husband...cuz LUOL DENG is raping errrrybody tonightttt

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 11-01-2010, 09:25 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Bulls, once they get Boozer, are going to be a scary team in the East. If I was Boston or Orlando I would not want to see them in the playoffs in the series before I play the Heat. They will be an extremely tough out for any team.
what if the heat get eliminated in the first round? :D
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

hahaha.. yes, Roy Hibbert will dominate the paint and average 25/15 and 2 blocks and the Pacers will shock the world.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
hahaha.. yes, Roy Hibbert will dominate the paint and average 25/15 and 2 blocks and the Pacers will shock the world.
I'm hoping for Cleveland to make the 8th seed and somehow pull off the impossible. Would be the ultimate karma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I think Wade and LeBron will handle it fine. It's an adjustment period. Right now the plan seems to be to let LeBron handle the ball and be a distributor. Personally, I think it works well. Wade and LeBron are both unselfish players, and with Bosh you just need to feed him the ball at the elbow and let him post up/shoot.

They're tentative due to a lack of playing time but once they get their timing down and they start cutting to the basket and playing in the fastbreak it will not be a pretty sight for other teams.

It's too bad everyone feels the need to hate them, because they're pretty damn amazing to watch play, even in the early stages.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"shocking the world" would involve doing something UNexpected :D
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:46 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I think Wade and LeBron will handle it fine. It's an adjustment period. Right now the plan seems to be to let LeBron handle the ball and be a distributor. Personally, I think it works well. Wade and LeBron are both unselfish players, and with Bosh you just need to feed him the ball at the elbow and let him post up/shoot.

They're tentative due to a lack of playing time but once they get their timing down and they start cutting to the basket and playing in the fastbreak it will not be a pretty sight for other teams.

It's too bad everyone feels the need to hate them, because they're pretty damn amazing to watch play, even in the early stages.

From what I read they only have half of their playbook available right now. The possibilities of cuts, picks and motion are endlessly exciting to contemplate.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Eric Bledsoe is having a nice start to the game. They need to get rid of Baron Davis and go with the youth movement. Though I am biased, there is no player that frustrates me more than Baron Davis. What a waste of talent.

By the way: welcome to the NBA Splitter, hope you enjoy getting owned by Blake Griffin.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Duncan got ******* posterized by Eric Gordon. Sweet Jesus! then he drains a 3 the next possession.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eric Bledsoe is having a nice start to the game. They need to get rid of Baron Davis and go with the youth movement. Though I am biased, there is no player that frustrates me more than Baron Davis. What a waste of talent.

By the way: welcome to the NBA Splitter, hope you enjoy getting owned by Blake Griffin.
Bledsoe is absolutely not yet ready for a starting role in the NBA. He's far too inconsistent but he could be nice in a couple years.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bargs and Demar are looking beastly tonight.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Not ready for what? The Clippers aren't going anywhere.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

The Kings may have the worst defense in the league.