View Poll Results: Is Paul a dork?
Yes 356115 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 356115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bropez dominated. Favors got a double double. the Heat shut down Travis Outlaw and Anthony Morrow. what part is supposed to impress me?

anyways, Favors is averaging a double double. let that sink in. and then fear him. forever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I haven't watched too closely, and he hasn't really played anyone of note yet, but it seems like it's gotten better. Maybe not that great yet, but still better than last year. I think his off the ball defense has gotten much better though, albeit, not that great yet either.
He's been solid. Most of it is just effort and understanding defensive principles. Vinny really held him back on defense because he never taught it. Or well, he never taught it right.

Derrick will never be one of those guys who gets a **** load of steals or plays the passing lanes, but he can be a lock down man defender with his size, strength and athleticism and that's all I really care about. Keep the man in front of you, don't get caught reaching, know your rotations and stay out of foul trouble.

I'm right with you on Rose's 3 ball though. I worry he's going to focus on it way too much this year and forget about his mid-range game, which numbers wise is one of the most accurate in the game. Play to your strengths on offense Derrick unless you are wide open. I've seen him force too many 3 pointers for my liking so far. I trust that he can hit it, but I don't want him taking it unless it's absolutely essential.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I'm right with you on Rose's 3 ball though. I worry he's going to focus on it way too much this year and forget about his mid-range game, which numbers wise is one of the most accurate in the game. Play to your strengths on offense Derrick unless you are wide open. I've seen him force too many 3 pointers for my liking so far. I trust that he can hit it, but I don't want him taking it unless it's absolutely essential.
I want him to take it just enough for people have to respect it. Basically enough so they cannot pull the Rondo defense.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I want him to take it just enough for people have to respect it. Basically enough so they cannot pull the Rondo defense.
I'd like him to get to the point where if they just leave him wide open and play the Rondo defense like you said he can just step up and knock it down to keep defenses honest. Other than that, I'd like him to stop popping 3 or 4 a game and missing them all, but I'm fine with him taking his time to develop that. Defense and getting to the stripe are more important. That said, if you think about how good he is right now and how much he has to improve upon it's pretty scary to think about how good he could be if he keeps putting in the hard work.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, but right now he's forcing it. He's a deadly mid-range shooter and he should stick to his guns. Attack the rim and shoot the mid-range. If they sag off or if he gets a kick out for an open 3 then fine. But the only way I want him taking 3's with defenders in his grill are if he's just having one of those nights on offense. Otherwise I think he can find more efficient offense.

Once he proves he can hit it with consistency then I'll trust his judgment, but until that time comes his 3 point shot has not arrived and he shouldn't force it.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea, play your driving and ridiculous finishes/dump offs, pop the j from the elbow that you make more than not, and when the defense sags to prevent both, then take the 3 when you have your feet set and room to shoot.

Right now, he's forcing up off balance and in traffic threes. You're great at letting the game come to you already Derrick, just keep doing the same with this facet.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Bropez dominated. Favors got a double double. the Heat shut down Travis Outlaw and Anthony Morrow. what part is supposed to impress me?

anyways, Favors is averaging a double double. let that sink in. and then fear him. forever.
I don't know, the part where your team got absolutely destroyed at home?
Old 11-01-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I don't know, the part where your team got absolutely destroyed at home?
wait...wait...wait. you mean the team that won 12 games last year, has a complete overhaul as a team and played against the new superteam with Wade, Lebron and Bosh?

i'm saying, their post D is pretty bad and could be easily exploited.
offensively, when they're clicking (hell even when they're not) they're so freaking scary and deadly.

also, Favors is averaging a double double so literally everyones argument is now invalid.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Also, if any team decides to pull the Rondo defense on Rose he will destroy them. Unlike Rondo, Rose actually looks for his offense when there is an opening or a mismatch.

I'd much rather let a guy like Bogans or Deng beat me. Letting Rose roam free all over the court and giving him open opportunities is full of stupid.

Quote:
Old 11-01-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

REggie Evans with 10 offensive boards.

And a ridiculous call there. SHould have been a charge
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sorry, I am still laughing that Minnesota passed on Demarcus Cousins. Dude is beasting. Even if he still fouls too much right now.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harrison Barnes please
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I'm sorry, I am still laughing that Minnesota passed on Demarcus Cousins. Dude is beasting. Even if he still fouls too much right now.
Honestly, a big part of me thought the Sixers should have taken him. Big men are typically overvalued, and due to those character concerns Cousins got undervalued big time. The Kings have gotten two absolute steals in the early-mid lottery when it initially seemed they got screwed by the ping pong balls. I really like the future of that team.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:40 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
4 rebounds is hardly beasting. I'd still rather have Wesley Johnson. We needed a swingman terribly.

I will say that Cousins looks a lot better than I thought he would, but the foul trouble might not go away as easily as you might think because the physical play is a lot of the reason why he's so successful.

Last edited by yo123 : 11-01-2010 at 11:42 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was speaking about how he played in the last few minutes. They don't win that game without Cousins.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:31 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And the winner for the best rebounder in the league goes to... Reggie Evans?

Too bad he doesn't know how to play basketball.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:01 AM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Minnesota is a disaster. You'd think that a good player like McHale would be able to put a good team together. I guess the phrase, "It takes one to know one," doesn't apply to general managers who were hall of fame players.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:05 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

unlike some teams Sac went BPA no matter what character concerns or position the player was and it is working out

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordofi View Post
Minnesota is a disaster. You'd think that a good player like McHale would be able to put a good team together. I guess the phrase, "It takes one to know one," doesn't apply to general managers who were hall of fame players.
Guess the Vikings aren't the only terrible sports franchise in the city.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:43 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Bargs and Demar are looking beastly tonight.
I love Bargs...but as a fantasy owner, his lack of rebounds is still damned annoying. Hell of a game tonight, though.

They just let Evans take them all. His stat line this year is freaking insane...the guy used to be useless, I dont know what's going on.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:47 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for Orlando/Miami...I dont think we stand a chance in hell. They could never slow Wade or Lebron, in solo action. It's just overkill now, and the defensive matchups on those big three are sickening. You expect Carter to guard Wade all game? Yeah right. Q vs Lebron...Lewis vs Bosh in the post? It doesnt work well.

Howard has a great matchup, himself...but I dont see it being enough.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:57 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
JaredDudley619 Breaking News!! This is bigger then @KingJames going to Miami,bigger then Brett Favre goin to Minn.I have just sign a 5yr deal with the Suns
Only J Dudz would break his own story

5 Years, 21.5 Mil, ETO in the 4th year if Dudley wants out

also he gets 125k every team the suns make the 2nd round and another 125k every time they make the conference finals

and in stupid people news, Mike Conley got 5/45...why Grizz? why?

and Horford with 5/60

Last edited by fenikz : 11-02-2010 at 04:06 AM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:48 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
unlike some teams Sac went BPA no matter what character concerns or position the player was and it is working out
but you know what? Right now I'm super happy the Nets passed on him for Favors. Favors and Bropez can be just a deadly duo inside, and Favors compliments Bropez better than Cousins. Cousins is one helluva player, but i'm happy with the Nets pick.
Quote:
Old 11-02-2010, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be super happy with a bust too.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:04 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'd be super happy with a bust too.
like signing busts? no wonder you love Charlie V so much!

and remember when Favors pooped all over the pistons?
AND WHERE HE'S AVERAGING A DOUBLE DOUBLE?
he had TEN offensive rebounds against the heat.
I just can't wait until he develops, especially if he's already showing promise and ridiculous raw athleticsm right now.
Quote: