Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wall is a 2010 version of a young GP (most players are more athletic these days generally).

Speed, D, hands, strength, confidence...

He still has room to get better. His J will improve with confidence and he'll become a smarter player with experience as well - on both sides of the ball.

His instincts as a passer and defender are phenomenal though. And he already draws fouls like a veteran.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Wall is a 2010 version of a young GP (most players are more athletic these days generally).

Speed, D, hands, strength, confidence...

He still has room to get better. His J will improve with confidence and he'll become a smarter player with experience as well - on both sides of the ball.

His instincts as a passer and defender are phenomenal though. And he already draws fouls like a veteran.
Except yeah, GP wasn't near the athlete Wall is nor was he the playmaker.

I don't really know if I'd want Wall to slow down though. His aggressiveness really is his game. Asking him to pick and choose I think is asking him to think too much instead of just playing his natural game of being a high risk player.

Turnovers will be part of his game his entire career IMO. But so long as you make a lot more positive ones than negative ones you can live with it.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See he's full throttle in the fast break game, but if you watch him in the half court sets he's extremely patient and always finds the open men.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's already the best dancer in the league...

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
See he's full throttle in the fast break game, but if you watch him in the half court sets he's extremely patient and always finds the open men.
Eh, I've seen enough of him to know that he's just an aggressive player. Derrick will go 5-6 minutes without even looking for his offense. I've never, ever seen that from Wall. He's a very ball dominant player right now.

Derrick certainly has his knocks. He's limited as a playmaker because he's not a pure point and he's not near as active on defense or the boards.

But it'll be fun to watch both of them develop as players.

Ugh, I ******* hate dancing. Don't do that John or I'm going to have to dislike you. :(

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
D-Wade's TEAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Probably be a 30 for 30 in the future.
Not so fast. But I guarantee you that in ten years kids will wonder who the **** that tall, skinny guy that was standing next to James and Wade was. Bosh just seems out of place. It really is no where near "big 3."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. VVoot View Post
hickson is such a beast
It's a shame he wasn't given an opportunity last year. The Cavs were at their best when Shaq was out and Hickson was starting. Mike Brown botched that situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Unrelated but is Blake Griffin still a lock for ROY? That talk was always ridiculous. Wall is a monster.

Wall is going to win it. I would put a lot of money on it.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Xrays are negative on Beasley's hip. Called a left hip contusion (that means bruised). #Timberwolves
Quote:
Beasley is done for the night by NBA rules because he couldn't shoot his free throw. #Timberwolves
Doesn't sound like Beasley's injuries are too serious.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Wall is supposed to be on the Pistons.

We had to go and win that last game of the year and blow it.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post

The Pistons deserve to live in purgatory for the rest of eternity for walking off the court like bitches in the '91 playoffs.

You get no sympathy from me...although I do wish BG a good season.

Here, we'll trade you Bogans/Watson and a 1st for BG/Summers. CJ was bangin' Money Mayweather's girl so he'll cancel out the horrifying face of Villanueva and his no eyebrows and up the gorgeous quotient.

Quote:
Old 11-02-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

And you already have Stuckey. He's your future PG according to Dumars.

Quote:
Old 11-02-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
The Pistons deserve to live in purgatory for the rest of eternity for walking off the court like bitches in the '91 playoffs.

You get no sympathy from me...although I do wish BG a good season.

Here, we'll trade you Bogans/Watson and a 1st for BG/Summers. CJ was bangin' Money Mayweather's girl so he'll cancel out the horrifying face of Villanueva and his no eyebrows and up the gorgeous quotient.
I cheer for the Bulls, and this is what I get? I'M DONE WITH YOU.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm a Timberwolves fan and I still have sympathy for the Pistons, they're in even worse shape than we are when you figure in the bad contracts and their lack of Kevin Love.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post

Hah you guys probably would have taken Turner if you got the first pick.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I cheer for the Bulls, and this is what I get? I'M DONE WITH YOU.
No, you cheer for Derrick Rose who is on the Bulls. I still love you though.

The root of my hatred stems from Isiah. I actually like most players on your roster (sans Big Ben), but that moment just...yeah don't wanna talk about it.

Quote:
Old 11-02-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Hah you guys probably would have taken Turner if you got the first pick.
I'm still on the Turner bandwagon. He's struggling right now, but he's too versatile not to figure it out.

Quote:
Old 11-02-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, you cheer for Derrick Rose who is on the Bulls. I still love you though.

The root of my hatred stems from Isiah. I actually like most players on your roster (sans Big Ben), but that moment just...yeah don't wanna talk about it.
You weren't even that old when it happened.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-02-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You weren't even that old when it happened.
It's something that sticks with you for life and since MJ and I are one anything he dislikes I dislike.

Quote:
Old 11-02-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
It's something that sticks with you for life and since MJ and I are one anything he dislikes I dislike.
MJ is a gigantic asshole.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-03-2010, 02:17 AM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

The Lakers bench looks for real. They've been able to maintain and increase the lead when the starters go to the bench. Shannon Brown is playing the best basketball he's ever played. His outside jump shot is becoming lethal. Barned and Blake are good defenders and can score. Odom will be the main option off the bench when Bynum comes back. There's not a better 9 man rotation than the Lakers have when Bynum comes back.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:40 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://twitter.com/CV31

Quote:
KG talks alot of crap, he's prob never been in a fight, I would love to get in a ring with him, I will expose him
Quote:
KG called me a cancer patient, I'm pissed because, u know how many people died from cancer, and he's tossing it like it's a joke,
Quote:
I wouldn't even trip about that, but a cancer patient, I know way 2 many people who passed away from it, and I have a special place 4 those
Man I hate Kevin Garnett..

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:04 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I love KG. Cancer patient??? That is great
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:43 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordofi View Post
The Lakers bench looks for real. They've been able to maintain and increase the lead when the starters go to the bench. Shannon Brown is playing the best basketball he's ever played. His outside jump shot is becoming lethal. Barned and Blake are good defenders and can score. Odom will be the main option off the bench when Bynum comes back. There's not a better 9 man rotation than the Lakers have when Bynum comes back.
They let the Dubs back into the game the other night.

Then they brought starters back and David Lee made Lamar Odom look like Hakeem Olajuwon.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I love KG. Cancer patient??? That is great
um... how is that great?
Old 11-03-2010, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
John Wall just willed his team to the victory. Cartier hit the big shot and Blatche made some clutch free throws but Wall made every clutch play he needed to. When he picked Turner and made the layup that changed the game. And he's a sick free throw shooter on top of that. He'll be a top 10 guard by year 3. Yeah it's 3 games but I can already make the conclusion that everyone who thought he wasn't a pure point was dead wrong. Does he need to cut down on the turnovers sometimes, sure, but he is a pure point. Everyone ragged on his pacing but I think his change of speeds and control in the half court are great. First 3 games 31 assists and only 14 turnovers, not to shabby for a rookie PG. Not to mention most of his turnovers are either 50/50 charging fouls going to the hoop or feeds inside in which his bigs aren't boxing their man out. Not to mention this kid isn't a pssy like Arenas. Wall was given the option from the doctors to sit out this game because he rolled his ankle against Atlanta but he showed up and looked 100%.
Wall played well but 8 turnovers is absolutely atrocious from your point guard. It completely negates the assists and many of the steals.

I'm confident Wall will figure it out because he does have great vision, but lets not pretend like he's playing like an elite PG. Not when he's turning the ball over so much. It was the same thing with Darren Collison. People were raving about him but were ignoring his tremendous turnover rate.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:01 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

8 TOs? Screw the triple double, he should have tried for the LeBron James quadruple double! Still though, as bad as 8 TOs is, getting 13 dimes and 9 steals offsets most of that IMO. He caused one more turnover than he made, and had a boatload of assists in a win. Obviously, turnovers are something he'll need to work on, but he is only three games into his career. PG is a position with a steep learning curve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote