Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Ahhh gotcha. Sorry for the misunderstanding dude.
No problem. I mean, there's like 300 D1 basketball schools, so I usually just assume teams are D1 haha. I mean, technically there are a ton of D1 football schools as well, they are just split in to 1A (FBS) and 1AA (FCS).

Plus I remember Rhode Island making the tourny out of nowhere. Didn't realize Odom had been at UNLV before and was technically a "freshman" for that one year before leaving.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
The Rockets are 0-4. :(
Records mean basically nothing right now.

I can't say enough about the kings, because they understand how to win in the west. They have some quality bigs in that rotation, starting with cousins and heading into dalembert and definitely landry. They are one more big away from being scary in the playoffs.

They're young and their perimeter game is getting there too. Hooray tyreke. I don't want to be swayed by a small sample size but if they keep this up im as high on their future as I am the thunder's.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
The Rockets are 0-4. :(
Blah. Makes me sick to know the Rockets are the only team in the West without a win.

Rockets only "star" player can only play limited min(which I think is BS), dont have a closer who you can count on, a bunch of one dimensional players and they cant play defense. I wasnt expecting them to be elite, but I also wasnt expecting them to be 0-4 either. Rockets have alot of problems that they need to fix before they can become a top team.

First player who needs to go is Battier. He is useless on the offensive end and his defense isnt anything near like it was before. The back court of Brooks and Martin is all offense and no defense. Scola is a good scorer and rebounder, but cant play defense. Yao is too slow to defend, his hook shots dont fall in consistently like they use to and he has no lift to grab rebounds. Rockets got alot of depth, but they are missing the go to guy that they can always count on. Which leads to say that I hope the Rockets will grab Melo cause they need a player like him.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Records mean basically nothing right now.

I can't say enough about the kings, because they understand how to win in the west. They have some quality bigs in that rotation, starting with cousins and heading into dalembert and definitely landry. They are one more big away from being scary in the playoffs.

They're young and their perimeter game is getting there too. Hooray tyreke. I don't want to be swayed by a small sample size but if they keep this up im as high on their future as I am the thunder's.
Sucks that they aren't gonna be able to keep them all. Dalembert and Landry are both FAs after this season, and depending on what kinda money Landry wants, he might not re-sign with Sacto. I like Dalembert, but a rotation of Cousins, Landry and Thompson is enough for me, Hassan Whiteside could develop into a Dalembert like player.

Underrated POY? Beno Udrih
Old 11-04-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, records don't mean a lot, but I think it's safe to say that the talent in the West is significantly lower than last year. It's terrible this year.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Yeah, records don't mean a lot, but I think it's safe to say that the talent in the West is significantly lower than last year. It's terrible this year.
Records do mean something when you're the Hornets, you're 4-0, and you've defeated four playoff teams.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those of you who don't watch South Park, they did this for yesterday's episode.

******* hilarious.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...at-should-i-do

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Favors is looking more and more like a young Dwight Howard.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is absurd. The Knicks are playing out of their mind right now and every bounce is away from the Bulls. Knicks shooting 73%!!!! from 3 and 52% from the field.

Also, Derrick Rose is about to turn the game into the Derrick Rose show.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 11-04-2010, 09:19 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
This is absurd. The Knicks are playing out of their mind right now and every bounce is away from the Bulls. Knicks shooting 73%!!!! from 3 and 52% from the field.

Also, Derrick Rose is about to turn the game into the Derrick Rose show.
Thibs needs to help get things going on the defensive end, this is ugly. Knicks have been hot, but the team defense isn't where it should be.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Thibs needs to help get things going on the defensive end, this is ugly. Knicks have been hot, but the team defense isn't where it should be.
Their defense actually hasn't been bad in the 2nd half. They are forcing the Knicks to take long shots for the most part, but the Knicks are hitting like 75% of their 3s. If the Knicks were even hitting 50% from 3 (still above average), this would be a 2 possession game.

The Bulls do need to work on their D still, but their 2nd half tonight hasn't been a problem really.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 11-04-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Lead down to 9. They need to put Rose and Noah in after break. 5 mins left and they've both been out since like 8 or 9 mins. I know they're tired, but they need to be in there...now.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 11-04-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bulls better not lose to the freakin Knicks the day after I adopt them as my team for the year.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
The Bulls better not lose to the freakin Knicks the day after I adopt them as my team for the year.
Eh, we might but it's not their fault. Look at Derrick beasting and remember Boozer is back at the end of the month!!

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 11-04-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Teams tend to disappoint just like you disappoint me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eh, we might but it's not their fault. Look at Derrick beasting and remember Boozer is back at the end of the month!!

Yeah but at the moment there is way too much CJ Watson for my liking.

And Kyle Korver is absolutely money.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Rose is still on the bench...

Just under 4 mins, and still on the bench and been out for the last 5 mins...

What. The. ****.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 11-04-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rose is still on the bench...

Just under 4 mins, and still on the bench and been out for the last 5 mins...

What. The. ****.
The Toney Douglas train is just too much for any single man to handle.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

I don't ******* care if this lineup brought us back. You don't ******* sit your 2 best players for the final 10 mins of the game...

What the **** is going on. ****.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 11-04-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Raymond Felton has 4 3's... something is wrong, everybody is hitting ****. He has improved his jumper but 4 is alot for him.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Whatever, games over now.

Thanks for throwing in the towel down 15 with like 5 mins left. It's not like when you get within 10 with 4 mins left you should put your best players back in. Nope, games already lost it's impossible to comeback and if it's possible, we'll try with our bench players.

Thanks Tom.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 11-04-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't ******* care if this lineup brought us back. You don't ******* sit your 2 best players for the final 10 mins of the game...

What the **** is going on. ****.
Absolutely, I don't get this at all. Don't blame the crowd, I want Rose too. And I mean the lineup brought you back to an extent, but only to down by 8 or 9 and then it's back up to 11 or 12 in a bit. You're consistently down around 10. Why are your best two players not on the floor?

In terms of the D the Knicks are definitely red hot from deep, but the interior defense and transition D still seem kind of lazy. They rotate well sometimes, and the fact that the Knicks are shooting so well doesn't help, but it's not too pretty right now. I also dunno what Thibs is doing.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Holy ****. Noah didn't play the entire 4th quarter.

And yea, the bench guys brought us back and to an extent I'm glad they're getting a chance. But when they get it to single digits with 4+ mins left, you don't sacrifice the W by keeping your starters on the bench.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 11-04-2010, 09:46 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We do have to play at Boston tomorrow night. I guess Rose and Noah are important for that one. They just did a bad job on the interior, especially with allowing offensive rebounds.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Yea, I know they have the game tomorrow. But you don't sacrifice a W tonight for the possibility to play for one tomorrow. The Bulls absolutely could have won tonight despite the Knicks shooting. They are down 9 with their B team in. I just don't understand throwing away a winnable game.

And for that matter, you rest Rose during the game so he's not overworked at the end of the game. That's just poor managing.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver