Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thibs should have listened to the crowd and put in Rose if you did that especially with the way we were turning the ball over in that 2nd half you easily could have came back
Old 11-04-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me reiterate to everyone:

It was 93-83 entering the 4th quarter.

Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah played a combined 2 minutes and 30 seconds in the 4th. Combined.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knicks! I love our bench so much right now. Chandler/Douglas/Turiaf.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing I would be encourage about, if I were the Knicks, is Amare really hasn't played exceptionally well just yet. He is turning the ball over even more than LeBron James is.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, Amare was pretty terrible tonight.

But it helps when as a team you don't have to take a shot inside the arc.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. A lot of people say it's because he lacks Steve Nash which, may be true, but most of his turnovers have been ones not caused by handling the ball. Just poor passes or travels/charges.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Yeah. A lot of people say it's because he lacks Steve Nash which, may be true, but most of his turnovers have been ones not caused by handling the ball. Just poor passes or travels/charges.
Most of his turnovers are from when he goes to bull past the man who is guarding him and gets the double team
Old 11-04-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understood him keeping the bench in there for a while. But I strongly disagreed with him neglecting to put Rose in there with 4 minutes left and I think we were down 9 or 10. CJ Watson is ******* awful. It wasn't him keeping us in the game it was Korver.

I understand rewarding the bench, but not late in the 4th with the game on the line. You go for the win tonight so you don't have as much to worry about tomorrow in Boston.

I think Thibs is going to be a damn good coach for us, but that was a dumb move and cost us a chance to win the game.

Rose is going to have to carry this team offensively until Boozer gets back. We won't be seeing Deng going for 40 again anytime soon. Hell I doubt he gets there the rest of the season.

Another decision I thought was stupid was keeping Scalabrine out there on Stoudemire with Taj on the bench. I realize he had 2 fouls, but Amare' was killing Scal on offense. Some of his current rotations leave you scratching your head. I think he's smart enough to learn from his mistakes though and make adjustments.

70% from 3 is ridiculous. They did get a lot of open looks, but a lot of them were contested shots as well. I can't believe we actually had a shot to come back in that game.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This OKC-POR game is entertaining as hell
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rose, Paul, Williams and Rondo get talked about a lot as the premier PG's in the league, but it's about time Westbrook has his name thrown in the hat. He does have the luxury of playing next to the best scorer in the league, but he's ******* good in his own right. What he lacks in playmaking/scoring he makes up with activity, defense and rebounding. Dude has been beasting tonight.

I'd go Paul, Williams, Rose, Nash, Westbrook and Rondo (in that order).

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still not that huge a fan of Rondo.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Paul
2. Williams
3. Rondo
4. Nash
5. Rose
6. Westbrook

I feel like we do this every other week. BTW when "analysts" call Rondo the best PG in the game I want to throw up.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Rose, Paul, Williams and Rondo get talked about a lot as the premier PG's in the league, but it's about time Westbrook has his name thrown in the hat. He does have the luxury of playing next to the best scorer in the league, but he's ******* good in his own right. What he lacks in playmaking/scoring he makes up with activity, defense and rebounding. Dude has been beasting tonight.

I'd go Paul, Williams, Rose, Nash, Westbrook and Rondo (in that order).
You are overrating Rose there. I would definately take Westbrook and Rondo over Rose and maybe Nash or Reke as well.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:03 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aldridge with his 3823432th dunk of the game. Solid interior defense OKC.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
You are overrating Rose there. I would definately take Westbrook and Rondo over Rose and maybe Nash or Reke as well.
I agree with this, D Rose is very good and very talented. But as far as being a PG right now he is not up there with those guys yet. Do i think he eventually will be? of course....but not yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:16 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Serge rules.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:18 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PGs
1 - Paul
2 - Rondo
3 - D. Williams
4 - Westbrook
5 - Rose
6 - Nash
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:28 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I hear one more person say KG is out of line for calling Chuck Vill a cancer patient. Seriously, it is ******* basketball, it's trash talk. I have never heard someone cry about something something told them on a basketball court. What the **** makes Villanueva think that it is acceptable to ***** about what someone made fun of him for on a basketball court? The Pistons should just pay him in tampons instead of cash.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:43 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id take Williams, Rondo, Paul, Westbrook, and Nash over Rose.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
If I hear one more person say KG is out of line for calling Chuck Vill a cancer patient. Seriously, it is ******* basketball, it's trash talk. I have never heard someone cry about something something told them on a basketball court. What the **** makes Villanueva think that it is acceptable to ***** about what someone made fun of him for on a basketball court? The Pistons should just pay him in tampons instead of cash.
Considering Charlie V actually suffers from alopecia( a disease that results in hair loss, similar to that of a cancer patient going through chemo) makes it even more unacceptable to be honest. There has to be some sort of line when it comes to trash talk especially when it is obviously not being used in "fun buddy-buddy" kind of manner (unless of course you are subhuman scum like KG). Of course, Charlie V also probably crossed a line by going public with trash talk, but that is a whole different argument.

Also the fact taht people are even questioning whether or not they should believe KG or Charlie V is laughable. KG has a history of being a ******* asshole, while Charlie V has done nothing to tarnish his image like that
Old 11-05-2010, 01:19 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
PGs
1 - Paul
2 - Rondo
3 - D. Williams
4 - Westbrook
5 - Rose
6 - Nash
Rondo over D Will? really?

Quote:
Considering Charlie V actually suffers from alopecia( a disease that results in hair loss, similar to that of a cancer patient going through chemo) makes it even more unacceptable to be honest. There has to be some sort of line when it comes to trash talk especially when it is obviously not being used in "fun buddy-buddy" kind of manner (unless of course you are subhuman scum like KG). Of course, Charlie V also probably crossed a line by going public with trash talk, but that is a whole different argument.

Also the fact taht people are even questioning whether or not they should believe KG or Charlie V is laughable. KG has a history of being a ******* asshole, while Charlie V has done nothing to tarnish his image like that
Its ****** up....but for Charlie V to cry about it to the media and what not is pretty weak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Its ****** up....but for Charlie V to cry about it to the media and what not is pretty weak.
I can't even imagine all the **** Charlie V has had to put up with as a result of his disease and how many ******* times he has been made fun of and called a "cancer patient". The fact that he is now an adult and a ******* 34 year old man is still "bullying him" and making him deal with that **** is ******* ridiculous. KG is a punk ass ***** and hopefully this incident leads to even more of the public hating him
Old 11-05-2010, 01:25 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait so nobody believes that KG said Villanueva is a cancer to his team and to the league?? Am I the only one?!?!?!
Old 11-05-2010, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Wait so nobody believes that KG said Villanueva is a cancer to his team and to the league?? Am I the only one?!?!?!

(except for him actually saying that)

God I hate that piece of ****.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:28 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:

(except for him actually saying that)

God I hate that piece of ****.
I was happy for him getting his first title, but everything he's done after that has just ruined whatever positive opinions I had of him.. I just wish someone would shut him the **** up already.