Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2010, 12:01 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
The Brazilian BLUR!!!

Barbosa with 15 points off the bench.

One hell of a second quarter. Jeez
Reggie Evans is why I watch the Raps. Is he still top 3 in RPG? Beast.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:05 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For all the flack he gets, Carmelo Anthony still has the prettiest and silkiest shot in the NBA.

I hope he goes to the Knicks with Amare.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
For all the flack he gets, Carmelo Anthony still has the prettiest and silkiest shot in the NBA.

I hope he goes to the Knicks with Amare and Gallo.
Fixed for awesomeness.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Fixed for awesomeness.
The Gallo love is out of ******* control. If Melo goes to the Knicks then Gallo will be gone once he needs extension. They aren't gonna pay the money Gallo wants for him to back up Melo
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:14 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still shake my head at BBD. Gallo is awesome. I'd trade him for Bargnani, straight up.

Sorry, Chucky.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
I still shake my head at BBD. Gallo is awesome. I'd trade him for Bargnani, straight up.

Sorry, Chucky.
That is absurd 619. Bargnani has one of the best offensive games of any big men in the league right now and is a legit 7 feet tall. It isn't easy finding 7 footers who create mismatches like he does. Not to mention he keeps improving on the defensive side of the ball. Getting talented offensive Small Forwards is a **** ton easier than finding big men like Bargs.

And yes I realize Bargs isn't the greatest rebounder
Old 11-06-2010, 12:20 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Blake Griffin is the truth.
People better stop just handing the ROY award to J.Wall

It's going to be a nice race between these two guys
I just don't like how a 6'10 pf has only managed 1 block in 5 games.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:23 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That is absurd 619. Bargnani has one of the best offensive games of any big men in the league right now and is a legit 7 feet tall. It isn't easy finding 7 footers who create mismatches like he does. Not to mention he keeps improving on the defensive side of the ball. Getting talented offensive Small Forwards is a **** ton easier than finding big men like Bargs.

And yes I realize Bargs isn't the greatest rebounder
I want a traditional center. I'm tired of playing this European, finesse game with our front court. I'm kinda glad Bosh is out for that reason as well. Rebuilding with guys like Ed Davis was the right way to go, though risky, for sure.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I want a traditional center. I'm tired of playing this European, finesse game with our front court. I'm kinda glad Bosh is out for that reason as well. Rebuilding with guys like Ed Davis was the right way to go, though risky, for sure.
There are like 3 traditional Centers in the league and none of them can stay healthy(although I am prob forgetting someone). Bargnani is clearly a 4 forced to play the 5 spot out of need. He would be even better at PF. And just because the raps are currently misplaying him doesnt mean that yo ushould want to trade im for Gallo
Old 11-06-2010, 12:31 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
There are like 3 traditional Centers in the league and none of them can stay healthy(although I am prob forgetting someone). Bargnani is clearly a 4 forced to play the 5 spot out of need. He would be even better at PF. And just because the raps are currently misplaying him doesnt mean that yo ushould want to trade im for Gallo
If they aren't starting him at the 4 now, they never will.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If they aren't starting him at the 4 now, they never will.
That just isn't true. Look at the roster. There is absolutely no one who they could concievably start C other than him.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:39 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That just isn't true. Look at the roster. There is absolutely no one who they could concievably start C other than him.
Reggie "Rebound" Evans.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:40 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
When do you think Alabi will be ready to take over at center?
Old 11-06-2010, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Reggie "Rebound" Evans.
Starting a 6"8 center would probably not work out
Old 11-06-2010, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
When do you think Alabi will be ready to take over at center?
Probably not anytime soon. He is pretty raw.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:38 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who wanted Rose to let Noah come out for the screen on the last play in regulation? Derrick sent him away because he wanted to go iso against Rondo.

Boston doubles, Rose passes out and we likely get a decent look at the hoop. I like Rose's marbles to want the last shot, but you also have to be smart and take what the defense gives you.

I love ya Derrick, but that wasn't your best decision.

That said we are going to have a beast ass frontcourt when Boozer gets back and Derrick will finally have a legit pick and roll partner. Try doubling him then bitches.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:31 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suns best lineup is

Nash
JRich
Hedo
Warrick
Fropez
Old 11-06-2010, 08:54 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Am I the only one who wanted Rose to let Noah come out for the screen on the last play in regulation? Derrick sent him away because he wanted to go iso against Rondo.

Boston doubles, Rose passes out and we likely get a decent look at the hoop. I like Rose's marbles to want the last shot, but you also have to be smart and take what the defense gives you.

I love ya Derrick, but that wasn't your best decision.

That said we are going to have a beast ass frontcourt when Boozer gets back and Derrick will finally have a legit pick and roll partner. Try doubling him then bitches.
I think it's because he waited 5 seconds too long to even initiate the offense. Still though if he didn't fumble the ball he could have had the chance. When Rose learns how to get to the free throw line he will be an elite top 5 or so player, it will come.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:03 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I think it's because he waited 5 seconds too long to even initiate the offense. Still though if he didn't fumble the ball he could have had the chance. When Rose learns how to get to the free throw line he will be an elite top 5 or so player, it will come.
Yea, I have no problem with his play decision, but waiting until there's 5 seconds on the clock to run the play was bad. He then had to rush his moves and ended up losing the ball.

But I also agree with sweetness, I think the pick coming up from Noah was going to be the play they called, with Rose being doubled and finding probably Deng after his guy rotated over to cover Noah.

I agree with you on the FTs. Rose has been doing better and getting more calls when he drives, but he's still avoiding contact and not getting some calls. Or he gets called for an offensive foul late when Garnett jumps up into him and someone else reaches across him from the side. Probably if that was anyone but the Cs, Heat, Lakers, or Dwight Howard, he gets the call/no call. Sigh...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:04 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Knicks fan jizz all over the place every time they hear Gallo's name, tbh I've always been more impressed with Wilson Chandler and would rather have him and everything he brings.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:06 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Yea, I have no problem with his play decision, but waiting until there's 5 seconds on the clock to run the play was bad. He then had to rush his moves and ended up losing the ball.

But I also agree with sweetness, I think the pick coming up from Noah was going to be the play they called, with Rose being doubled and finding probably Deng after his guy rotated over to cover Noah.

I agree with you on the FTs. Rose has been doing better and getting more calls when he drives, but he's still avoiding contact and not getting some calls. Or he gets called for an offensive foul late when Garnett jumps up into him and someone else reaches across him from the side. Probably if that was anyone but the Cs, Heat, Lakers, or Dwight Howard, he gets the call/no call. Sigh...
Nah man that offensive foul was legit. Rose went up and would have had the call if he let Garnett come into his body instead he stiff armed KG with his off hand. It was a legit call even though I was rooting for the Bulls. I think his arm even extended. Now if Dwade, LeBron, or Kobe does that will they call it, probably not, but technically it was a sound call.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:10 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nah man that offensive foul was legit. Rose went up and would have had the call if he let Garnett come into his body instead he stiff armed KG with his off hand. It was a legit call even though I was rooting for the Bulls. I think his arm even extended. Now if Dwade, LeBron, or Kobe does that will they call it, probably not, but technically it was a sound call.
Well, his arm was barely extended and barely made contact. But regardless, it happens and just the cap of an increasingly frustrating game by the Bulls.

But still my point is, if it was any one but KG and a select few others, it would have probably been a no call (what I think it should be) or if it was Wade or Kobe driving (or when Rose ups his reputation) it would probably be a defensive foul.

That's why NBA games are so frustrating. A foul is sometimes a foul and other times not a foul depending on who is involved. :(

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:25 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

King Monta Ellis
23 pts 7 STL

Deron Williams: 24 pts( 9-18 ) No lie he was getting his, but 8 TO. Monta's D was good enough to keep him from going off..Go DUBS 4-1!!!!!

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know Knicks fan jizz all over the place every time they hear Gallo's name, tbh I've always been more impressed with Wilson Chandler and would rather have him and everything he brings.
Eh, I like Chandler a lot and think he's been fantastic at the bench but I fear he's just off to a hot streak right now. Still, I hope I'm wrong though because he, Toney Douglas and Turiaf have been amazing off the bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
King Monta Ellis
23 pts 7 STL

Deron Williams: 24 pts( 9-18 ) No lie he was getting his, but 8 TO. Monta's D was good enough to keep him from going off..Go DUBS 4-1!!!!!
You're really bragging that Monta shot 40% from the field?

'kay.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts:

1. What the **** happened with Bosh? He isn't very physical, but rebounding has never been a problem for him. It was always a misnomer that call them the big "three," but he was a 24/11 player last year. He is literally crumbling before our eyes and it is all mental. He is the anti-Pau Gasol at this point. Gasol improved tremendously when he was on a great team, even from a toughness standpoint. The Heat aren't winning the East unless Bosh gets back to at least a 18/10 level.

2. The Hornets are legitimate. If Chris Paul stays healthy that is. They are a better team than the one that took the Spurs to game-7. He is the best PG in the game by a mile, sorry Rondo and the E(astern)S(eaboard)P(romotional)N(etwork).

3. Eric Bledsoe is beasting. Times run out for Baron Davis I think.

4. Dwight Howard destroyed Brook Lopez. No surprise I guess.

5. Boston really doesn't not need Allen, Garnett and Pierce racking up minutes in overtime duels.

6. Don't sleep on Golden State. They are extremely dangerous and they have combined their strengths with additions of David Lee, Keith Smart's better rotations and emphasis on defense.

Last edited by Shiver : 11-06-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote