Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2010, 08:12 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
I'd rather have Jamal as my 6th man than have Monta as my shot chucker. That was my only point.
Do you recognize situation, or just what you read on forums not focused on Warrior basketball. I want you to tell me 10 games where Monta was specifically hogging, being a black hole, and chucking. Don't worry...I'll wait. If not, please recognize that you do not know what you're talking about and keep moving.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:16 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know exactly what you guys are arguing and while Monta is the superior player if we are talking 6th men I would take Crawford. He's the better volume scorer and is one of the most clutch players in the league. Still though Monta is no 6th man so the debate is kind of pointless. It's funny but Jamal Crawford became a more productive player when his minutes decreased, I guess the burden of being asked to be a starter and be a point for that matter on previous teams really affected his game. Now he has the mind set that he's in there to score and be the #1 option, with that his passing and defense has actually improved. When Jamal Crawford is hot he is unstoppable. With all of that said of course I'd take Monta if given the option, but as a pure 6th man Crawford is built for that. Monta needs to get into the flow of things. Crawford can step in there cold and go zero to 100.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 11-07-2010 at 08:18 AM.
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:19 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No he isn't. Crawful has never scored with volume as well or efficiently as Monta. Crawful has only topped 20 PPG average 1 time. Monta has done it twice in 5 years. He'll be well over twenty for the forseeable future as well.

Crawful is a better ball handler....period.Monta is better in every other aspect.

Quote:
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:06 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Monta played over 41 mpg last year, Crawford played 31 mpg still averaged 18 ppg. Plus The Hawks are a half court offensive team who actually try to play defense instead of the fun and gun warriors who always average more points given up than points scored, that means more possessions and more open court points. The Hawks always average more points than points given up. When you are giving up 112 ppg you have more chances to score and that usually means you are already starting up your fastbreak while still on defense because you could care less if your opponent scores.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:06 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
Do you recognize situation, or just what you read on forums not focused on Warrior basketball. I want you to tell me 10 games where Monta was specifically hogging, being a black hole, and chucking. Don't worry...I'll wait. If not, please recognize that you do not know what you're talking about and keep moving.
here is 21:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...=&order_by=fga

In a 5 year career, he more than 4 times more shots than assists 21 times. Thats with the extra part i threw in there, which was him shooting under 50% in that game. and if you can't do math they are 5-16 in those games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:33 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

lol. You didn't provide any instances. You used statistics. Only 2 of those were actually chucking games. How many of those games did you watch?

Edit: More than 2...still not 10

Quote:

Last edited by EvilNixon : 11-07-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:45 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Also, using your stats lol. I'll just use the most recent.
They listed the previous Jazz game. He wasn't chucking. He was getting good looks and missing. His jumper wasn't on. It happens.

The early Laker game. There was no one on. He still was scoring well before Smart gave up. We had no Steph and David Lee was held to 0 pts, 3 reb xD.. Not a black hole when you have no one reliable.

I'm going in order so the OKC game. lol. Steph was the primary ball handler so w/e. His volume and effiecency was very good. Not a black hole game. Also, this was the game where he had those key stops late on Durant to seal the win.

The Denver game. Chucking. I cannot deny that. He was totally gassed for the latter part of the season but no excuses. His jumper was flat, and Afflalo/Billups was owning him on D.

The PHI game. We were getting blown out. Our entire team sucked that game from what I remember. I'll call it chucking because of the pathetic FG%..I wish I still had the last year's games to rewatch but w/e

ATL: He had it going. This is the game where he got 2 late steals on JJ to seal the game. He was great.

DAL: This was a pretty good game. They were focused on him all game after him burning him the few times they met earlier. He was shooting ok...Not chucking.

OKC: He was the only reason we were in this game offensively. Defensively, this was the game KD was torching him all game.

CLE: He had a good game IMO, but the FG% is horrible.

I would go on, but we both know you didn't see any of these games.

Quote:
Old 11-07-2010, 09:46 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wait... how can you tell me 6 of 22 isn't a chucking game?

edit: we are on the same terms there. What I find revolting is the volume of these games has gone up year by year, with two already this season.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Last edited by jballa838 : 11-07-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:06 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Wade is a blackhole too xD

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...=&order_by=pts

43 games

Quote:
Old 11-07-2010, 10:07 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Kobe has 100 xD

Quote:
Old 11-07-2010, 10:09 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

LeBron has 64

Quote:
Old 11-07-2010, 10:11 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crawford could start for a handful of teams while Monta could start for most if not all of them. I can def see where the comparisons come in though, unfortuantely Monta is an undersized SG who benefits from having a wet shot.
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:19 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

His J is really hot/cold. When he's on, he cannot be guarded...When he's off....it's not pretty.

The great part about him is his competitiveness. While guys like Kobe,Roy, D-Will are taking games off defensively. Guys like Monta,LeBron,CP3 are guarding the best perimeter player and in Monta's case regardless of size.

Quote:
Old 11-07-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sample_size

see, there is this great thing called "sample size", which basically means that Kobe and LeBron are going to have more games like that, since they have started 3 times more games than Ellis. And for the record, Kobe was chucking up bad shots frequently during the 05-06 season, which a large part of his selection comes from. Way to almost contort the statistics to your favor, but they don't lie.

Quote:

Old 11-07-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Be jealous guys, I get to see MONTA ELLIS LIVE IN PERSON TONIGHT.

That's right, I'm going to the epic GOLDEN STATE @ DETROIT showdown.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sample_size

see, there is this great thing called "sample size", which basically means that Kobe and LeBron are going to have more games like that, since they have started 3 times more games than Ellis. And for the record, Kobe was chucking up bad shots frequently during the 05-06 season, which a large part of his selection comes from. Way to almost contort the statistics to your favor, but they don't lie.
I didn't contort anything. lol. I posted the stats period of the 3 players generally regarded to be the best in the world. You didn't quantify your statistics with the situation in which the statistics happened in the original assessment of Monta. You pretty much equated 20 or more FGA+ less than 5 ast+ 50% or lower FG% as "black hole ball hogging chucking" without ever taking into account situation. Your logic is flawed using box scores as the only measurement of your analysis. Good day sir.

Quote:

Last edited by EvilNixon : 11-07-2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: grammar ftl xD
Old 11-07-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post

Whoever T-Mac is guarding is going to go off. He'll prob guard Steph because of the bum ankle.

Quote:
Old 11-07-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post

yeah but you still have to watch detroit.

Quote:

Old 11-07-2010, 06:53 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Monta and Dorrell have it going...

Quote:
Old 11-07-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Take this over Monta!!!

Quote:
Old 11-07-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Great pass by Steph

Quote:
Old 11-07-2010, 07:31 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Detroit's ball movement was incredible. Good game for those guys.

Quote:
Old 11-07-2010, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see the Wolves have officially packed it in for the year.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:58 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ellis is far closer to jrich than to any elite player
Old 11-07-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Rose laughs at Monta Ellis's production against the Pistons.

this is just a joke, don't get all uppity

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 11-07-2010 at 08:56 PM.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote