Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2010, 02:50 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw the most obvious occurence of superstar treatment today during the Heat and the Celtics game. Honestly, I don't even care that it was Lebron I would honestly feel the same if it was Kobe as well...

Nate got called for a technical while it was obvious he was walking away, I don't even think he said anything. Then later in the game Lebron puts on a big cry baby face and starts yelling... no technical.

This is a problem. The refs have to keep it consistent or else it could end up affecting the outcome of games.

I don't like the rules where you're not allowed to complain or whine about a call because then you put the refs on some ungodly pedestal in which they cannot be touched and are free from fault when it is clear that NBA referees are the worse and have the most power in all of the 3 professional leagues.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:24 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post

First time seeing Monta/Golden State for an entire game, although the circumstances were ****** since we ran them out of the gym as it was their 4th game in 5 nights. But that's what you have to do in those circumstances. Jump on them early and don't let up. Well played game on both ends for da Bulls .

If Monta is such a good defender why in the blue hell was Curry on Rose? Smart didn't even switch it up when Rose was just murdering Steph. He guarded ******* Keith Bogans who is only a threat when he's catching and shooting.

Steph is absolutely no match for Rose. At least Monta has some speed/athleticism to keep up with him. That was mind boggling to me. You don't put your supposed best defender on our best offensive player? The ****?

What won this game though was our defense/creating turnovers. We were extremely aggressive with our pressure man-to-man defense, we had active hands and we came from the weak side and stripped away. We took advantage of what looked to be a fatigued team without one of their best players.

The Warriors get no sympathy from me though. We have to go on the circus trip every year and we lead the league last year in back-to-backs.

It was also awesome to see Derrick with open space to operate. Teams have been shading/doubling knowing he's by far our best offensive player. So they cut off his driving lanes, force the ball out of his hands and make it very difficult for Rose to get easy looks. Golden State is still a bad defensive team (better than abysmal with Nellie) and Derrick was able to get wherever he wanted until they went to a zone and started doubling.

I think we're the only team in the league to see zone for 7 minutes straight this year. It was a good move by Smart because we struggled with it until the 4th Quarter, but it was hilarious to see zone in an NBA game. You see match-up zones occasionally, but this was a traditional 2-3 (or maybe it was a 3-2, can't remember).
Monta had a back sprain but no excuses. Monta should have started on him and finished. Late in that second half when Monta came back in, he shadowed Rose the last two possessions and Rose missed 2 shots. Smart was really caught in a conundrum. We could put Monta on Rose and slow him down, but we needed his offense to get back in the game. Smart really just gave up in the 2nd half. The Bulls D was incredible. Monta got his in volume, but no one else did.

Good game...period.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
Monta had a back sprain but no excuses.
You realize it doesn't work like that, right? You can't throw out an excuse, then say "no excuses". wtf
Old 11-12-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Then I went on to list that he should have guarded him. Thanks for not reading.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:22 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahahaha Paul Pierce on twitter-

"It's been a pleasure to bring my talents to South Beach now on to Memphis."
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Well size is a problem. A big ******* one. They were getting murdered on the offensive boards and KG ate them alive inside. Teams that are active on the glass will have a big edge. Their initial defense for the most part is pretty good. Boston makes every defense look bad with their weapons/movement. But when you can't get the board after a stop it kills all your momentum. Noah would have a field day on the glass if they don't put a body on him.

And just as I talk **** about JR he nails a 3. Awesome. You still are dumb as **** on offense.
I still don't know why they haven't signed Erick Dampier already. He is a 6'11" 270-lbs center who gives you 7 boards and 1.5 blocks in 24 minutes per game. I don't know why they haven't closed the deal since they've talked to him off and on since a month ago.

Last edited by Shiver : 11-12-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
hahahaha Paul Pierce on twitter-

"It's been a pleasure to bring my talents to South Beach now on to Memphis."
hahahaha oh man, that is so full of win.

I think I can confidently say that the best thing to happen to the Celtics (and Lakers) this offseason was the Miami Heat. If you think about it, sure people still will dislike the Celtics and Lakers or Garnett and Rondo and Kobe, etc., and hope that they lose. But it is all being overshadowed by everyone's immense hatred for the Lebron and the Heat.

Think about it, outside of Boston fans, when was the last time in the past couple years you rooted for the Celtics to win?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I was watching NBA TV the other day and they had a special segment documenting some top sites to go for basketball/NBA-related information. Well, trying to get back into the game the way I am I decided to jot down this list of sites. Here they are...

Ball Don't Lie: Yahoo! Sports Blog

TrueHoop Blog - ESPN

Basketball-Reference

BasketballValue

Basketball Prospectus

NBA Playbook

Hoopdata
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you watched the Lakers Denver game yesterday it showed our relative weakness that I think smart teams should use to capitalize on... When they used a small lineup, it essentially took Pau out of his element. Lawson was blowing past him constantly and Pau was always late to the rack when the shot/layup already went up.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
If you watched the Lakers Denver game yesterday it showed our relative weakness that I think smart teams should use to capitalize on... When they used a small lineup, it essentially took Pau out of his element. Lawson was blowing past him constantly and Pau was always late to the rack when the shot/layup already went up.
To be fair, Pau looked absolutely gassed last night. He's the only guy on the team playing over 40 minutes a game, and it looked like it finally caught up to him last night.

Bynum needs to get back already.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
So I was watching NBA TV the other day and they had a special segment documenting some top sites to go for basketball/NBA-related information. Well, trying to get back into the game the way I am I decided to jot down this list of sites. Here they are...

Ball Don't Lie: Yahoo! Sports Blog

TrueHoop Blog - ESPN

Basketball-Reference

BasketballValue

Basketball Prospectus

NBA Playbook

Hoopdata
Basketball reference is the best site. I love their advanced stats, their blog is really insightful as well.

Old 11-12-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Celtics are a bad matchup for the Heat, since Rondo can create for others and Allen and Pierce can score on their own. Combine that with physicality down low and they would give anyone problems.

You know things are bad when this happens from Skip Bayless' twitter:

'As Chris Bosh stood feet on floor watching Rondo dunk above him, I wondered if he'd ever been a Spice Girl. Bosh Spice.'
Old 11-12-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

82-0.....down the drain :(
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Maybe they should trade Chris Bosh for Kevin Love and Rubio, get him over from Spain and championshipzzz

Old 11-12-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

http://www.truthaboutit.net/2010/11/...tche-shoe.html

Oh my God.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

The Magic are just about the lose at home against the freaking Raptors. Will ESPN have an experts panel analyze their struggles and mental fortitude?

Old 11-12-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Holy ****, Utah has won three straight road games against Orlando, Miami and Atlanta all from double digit down. That's pretty remarkable!

Old 11-12-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Utah is gonna be ******* good, especially when Al Jefferson comes back.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Utah will be legit this year and I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up in the Western Conference Finals.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I think both the West and East will depend on seeding. Most likely Utah or Oklahoma City will get the seed opposite Los Angeles and have a good chance to make it to the conference finals.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Kevin Love with 23 points and 29 rebounds...

Old 11-12-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lolwut

I don't think i can remember the last time i saw someone get 30 rebounds in a game.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Love is eating rebounds for breakfast lunch and dinner.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

He might go 30 and 30. Prompting ESPN to make a documentary about it..

Old 11-12-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crazy things happen when you give your best player starter minutes...who knew!

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote