Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Well, the Bulls begin their annual Circus roadtrip tonight @ Houston.

Since Jordan's last season in 98, the Bulls are 10-61 on this road trip during the final 2 weeks of November. That's right, the Bulls have averaged less than 1 win on this road trip in 12 years. That's good, right?
Holy crap, I just found out that in the past 5 years on the Circus trip, the Bulls are 9-23. So that means from the 98-99 season to the 04-05 season, the Bulls were 1-38 on this trip. Dear god.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Holy crap, I just found out that in the past 5 years on the Circus trip, the Bulls are 9-23. So that means from the 98-99 season to the 04-05 season, the Bulls were 1-38 on this trip. Dear god.
Considering the bad teams that they had during that time, that's not surprising in the least.
Tonight is winnable. Houston got off to a slow start, but they have gotten better. I think winning 3 on this trip will be a real challenge since there are a lot of tough teams (Texas triangle, Lakers, Suns, Nuggets, Kings).

Last edited by MidwayMonster31 : 11-16-2010 at 07:48 PM.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand how anybody can argue that any team other than the Lakers is the best in the NBA. They're freakin stacked. They can play triangle, half court, drive and kick, anything. They might as well start making the rings now.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shannon Brown is killing us!!

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 11-16-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The refs in the Bulls-Rockets game are real bush league. Especially the one with the real punchable face.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 11-16-2010, 09:25 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Changing the channel before I throw my remote through my TV.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

Man, the Bucks played well enough to beat 28 of the teams in the NBA, unfortunately they were playing the 29th. Barring massive injuries the Lakers will win it again this year.

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 11-16-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How has last years final 4 stud Gordon Hayward been so far?

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knicks suck..besides Landry. He's a man and a half.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
How has last years final 4 stud Gordon Hayward been so far?
Struggling a bit, but he'll get there. He's a well rounded player with a high basketball IQ. Sloan will get him going. Seems to be struggling a bit with the speed/physicality of the NBA. He moves without the ball well though and that is a staple in Sloan's offense.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Knicks suck..besides Landry. He's a man and a half.
But didn't you hear? Carmelo wants to play for a top defensive team and his first choice is New York.

Bahahahahahaha. With Pringles as the Head Coach they'll never come remotely close to being a respectable defensive team.

Shut your mouth and play basketball Melo.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff Van Gundy or Mark Jackson please.

No one boxes out, no one makes smart fouls, no one digs in and contests shots.

It's pathetic.

After 25 games, if they don't have 10 wins, D'Antoni is probably gone.

Gallo is atrocious right now, Amare looks completely lost, and Anthony Randolph is probably the SINGLE WORST PLAYER in the NBA. How he put up stats in GS two years ago I'll never understand...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-286250

Awesome.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Jeff Van Gundy or Mark Jackson please.

No one boxes out, no one makes smart fouls, no one digs in and contests shots.

It's pathetic.

After 25 games, if they don't have 10 wins, D'Antoni is probably gone.

Gallo is atrocious right now, Amare looks completely lost, and Anthony Randolph is probably the SINGLE WORST PLAYER in the NBA. How he put up stats in GS two years ago I'll never understand...
Mark Jackson? Ewww. He needs to get an assistant gig first before I'd even think about hiring him as a Head Coach. He sounds alright doing color commentary, but it's a little different on the bench.

Van Gundy is a good choice, but I doubt he'd return to New York.

I have no idea who they should hire off the top of my head, but I'd say no to those two.

Quote:
Old 11-16-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Yeah, he's nothing like Bosh except he's practically begging for a trade and saying he wants to go to a top defensive team. He can talk all he wants about how he's committed to the team, but his heart certainly isn't in Denver.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if he gets traded somewhere he doesn't want to go. If I were Denver I'd give Melo the middle finger and send him packing to Houston for Brooks, Scola and Battier (if that would actually work).

Melo acts like his situation in Denver is so bad, yet he's surrounded by good players. The Nuggets ponied up a max contract and he declined. As much as I'd cream my pants to see him play next to Rose he's quickly putting himself on my **** list. Shut the **** up and play basketball.

Quote:
Old 11-16-2010, 11:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Yeah, he's nothing like Bosh except he's practically begging for a trade and saying he wants to go to a top defensive team. He can talk all he wants about how he's committed to the team, but his heart certainly isn't in Denver.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if he gets traded somewhere he doesn't want to go. If I were Denver I'd give Melo the middle finger and send him packing to Houston for Brooks, Scola and Battier (if that would actually work).

Melo acts like his situation in Denver is so bad, yet he's surrounded by good players. The Nuggets ponied up a max contract and he declined. As much as I'd cream my pants to see him play next to Rose he's quickly putting himself on my **** list. Shut the **** up and play basketball.
Except, Melo gets the last laugh in all of this, cause no way a team trades away top talent for him if he doesn't agree to an extension beforehand, which won''t happen if Melo doesn't agree to the team he's being traded to.

He has every right to strong arm the management. Yeah he has good players around him, but obviously it isn't working, he has been there for eight years and they've never even been to the finals.

You wish you could have a player like Anthony.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:12 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Melo in Houston in a split second(If Houston could get him signed to a deal).

In other news, the Rockets lost again tonight. Whats the deal? 3-7.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For my 1,000 post, Boobie Gibson led the Cavs in scoring (18 points) in a Win against the 76ers.

Gibson was pretty good at Texas and he has a smooth 3 shot in the league. I'm glad to see him playing well this season.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:52 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Derrick Rose is kind of good at hoopy ball. 17 points in the 4th quarter after getting continually fisted by the refs and having to sit out late in the 3rd with his 4th foul and the Rockets going on an 11-0 run to end the quarter up 8. He made Lowry his ***** all game long, especially in the 4th.

In other news, Courtney Lee kinda sucks this year so far.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 11-17-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rose closed last night out like a superstar.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:54 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
and Anthony Randolph is probably the SINGLE WORST PLAYER in the NBA. How he put up stats in GS two years ago I'll never understand...
Every time he would start to put it together, he got hurt. He had a solid 10 game stretch last year where he looked like LaMar Odom+ shot blocking. The ankle injury really set him back. He just doesn't have a defined role. He needs to just rebound and defend. Not dribble up top or take terrible deep jumpers..just rebound and defend....and finish in transition.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Except, Melo gets the last laugh in all of this, cause no way a team trades away top talent for him if he doesn't agree to an extension beforehand, which won''t happen if Melo doesn't agree to the team he's being traded to.

He has every right to strong arm the management. Yeah he has good players around him, but obviously it isn't working, he has been there for eight years and they've never even been to the finals.

You wish you could have a player like Anthony.
Agree to disagree. I think Carmelo should just shut his mouth and play until something happens.

Quote:

Last edited by sweetness34 : 11-17-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Derrick Rose is kind of good at hoopy ball. 17 points in the 4th quarter after getting continually fisted by the refs and having to sit out late in the 3rd with his 4th foul and the Rockets going on an 11-0 run to end the quarter up 8. He made Lowry his ***** all game long, especially in the 4th.
If Derrick has to play Superman again tonight we're going to get butt ****** vs San Antonio. There's absolutely no way we win without solid offensive games from Deng, Noah and Gibson.

I think if Rose gets going early Pop is going to double him every chance he gets. Just like Houston did last night in crunch time.

Quote:
Old 11-17-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Chris Bosh can't dominate against the Suns' PF then there is no hope. He really, really needs to go for 20/10/2.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
If Chris Bosh can't dominate against the Suns' PF then there is no hope. He really, really needs to go for 20/10/2.
Don't hold ur breath. It seems like this dude just doesn't get it. The only reason he had good stats his first 7 years or whatever its been was cuz he sucked the least out of the Raptors, which is kinda like being the smartest person on Ohio State's football team. BOOOOM!