Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
He needs to cut down on the turnovers though.
Which is why I'll take CP3 every night of the week. Vastly superior at limiting turnovers.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah if he getsthe asst: to ration around 3.5 would make him elite, hof springfield bound type steez for his career.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, such a huge and often overlooked aspect of judging PG play. I definitely want the ball being dominated by someone who won't turn it over.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh Wolves, you so silly. Just move to another state.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Veteran

6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I agree. Blake Griffin has been a monster... on the offensive end.
He's still too passive on the defensive end, with his ups, he should be blocking everything near the basket
Some commentators brought up the fact that the LAC ask that of him though to keep him from getting fouls bc they need him so bad on the offensive end
That's horsesht though. I'd want him to dominate on both sides of the court
When he steps up his D, he'll be a legitimate superstar
The commentators are right. The last thing the Clippers need is Griffin getting in foul trouble or getting hurt. He is what he is...he's a huge offensive threat that's gonna stand around on defense and play it safe but it seems to be working because its keeping them in games, even if they do lose. They were within reach tonight vs Denver right down to the last 30 seconds and Blake had a down night for his standards. John Wall blew donkey dick again. Btw.
6270410908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:05 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, Bropez. How do you play 39 minutes and only get two rebounds? That's pathetic and embarrassing.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:07 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I used to say Chris Paul easy, but I have been leaning towards Deron Williams lately. They are pretty much 1a, 1b. Rose and Westbrook are 3a and 3b and Rondo is 5th.
It took you this long to recognize how good Deron is? ;)

It's apples and oranges between the two. Both are amazing point guards. Rose will soon eclipse them though and this argument will be moot.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:07 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Damn, Bropez. How do you play 39 minutes and only get two rebounds? That's pathetic and embarrassing.
Joakim had 0 rebounds in like 30 minutes against Orlando. Which is worse?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:14 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Joakim had 0 rebounds in like 30 minutes against Orlando. Which is worse?
Getting pwned by Dwight Howard isn't something rare. Lopez got two rebounds against all time greats like Nazr Mohammed and Boris Diaw. Between them two and Gerald Wallace, they had 40 rebounds. Lopez had TWO.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:16 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bropez has done that all year. 20 games in, and hes had 10+ rebs twice. I like him, but dude hasnt rebounded this year at all.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raps have won 5 of 7, even if it has been against weak teams its still pretty awesome. Calderon has really upped his play since Jack being traded. It would be great if they could miraculousy sneak into a playoff spot in the East
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
The Knicks beat the Hornets on the road. Amare Stoudemire had 34/10 and Raymond Felton had 17/13. I think they are for real in the East. I wouldn't be surprised if they get into the 4/5 game.
It's not too late to jump on the Amare Stoudemire bandwagon my man.

I pointed this out in the Knicks discussion thread earlier, but as crazy as it sounds, if the Knicks actually did get Joe Johnson to team up with Amare Stoudemire it actually wouldn't have been a terrible idea.

Of course, I was and still am against that move, bc Joe Johnson shouldn't sniff 100 million dollars. But the thought itself wasn't as bad as I initially thought.

Either way, the Knicks are 1 superstar away from being title contenders. We have a great bench and great role players, and we have our Scottie Pippen to whoever becomes our eventual Jordan. We just need that 1 guy to complete the team.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't go that far BBD unless your definition of superstar is pretty strict and even then I am still pretty skeptical of how Amare is going to hold up over next 3-5 years
Old 12-04-2010, 09:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I wouldn't go that far BBD unless your definition of superstar is pretty strict and even then I am still pretty skeptical of how Amare is going to hold up over next 3-5 years
No, Amare is a solid #2 to a superstar. Like if we get Melo, Amare would be a great #2 to him, and I think that 1,2 combo plus our bench and role players would make us title contenders.

Amare isn't a #1. But he's a great #2. He'll know when to fall in line.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
No, Amare is a solid #2 to a superstar. Like if we get Melo, Amare would be a great #2 to him, and I think that 1,2 combo plus our bench and role players would make us title contenders.

Amare isn't a #1. But he's a great #2. He'll know when to fall in line.
That isn't what I was saying. I don't doubt Amare's ability to be a solid #2. Not as good as say Pau or D-Wade, but still damn solid. I was more questioning who you consider a superstar, as for the Knicks to be title contenders they would need a legit superstar(like Melo or CP3) and not someone like Brandon Roy(a great player...just not a superstar), and even then I doubt the Knicks would be actual championship contenders given some of the teams in the league.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Problem with CP3 to the Knicks is that Felton has been far better than anyone could have expected.

I guess we could put him the deal...

He looks like a 2nd or 3rd tier PG right now...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

With the abundance of PGs in the league Felton is no where near the 2nd tier or even the 3rd tier tbh.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:33 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^You are wrong.

He has stepped up his game tremendously this year. I watch him every night and he's playing at a ridiculously high level.

He outplayed CP3 last night and his leadership and defense are what makes him special. When he's playing at this high a level on offense it's just icing.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know no one here cares, but that move at 1:49 was sick =D

Can't wait till I don't have to see Dan Gadzuric or Vladmir Radmonivic playing meaningful minutes.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
^You are wrong.

He has stepped up his game tremendously this year. I watch him every night and he's playing at a ridiculously high level.

He outplayed CP3 last night and his leadership and defense are what makes him special. When he's playing at this high a level on offense it's just icing.
When you are talking about placing players in tiers you can not only go off 20 games into a season while that may raise him slightly it doesn't raise him to the level of third tier guys like Westbrook and Rose.

1st tier:
CP3
Deron
Gallo(he transcends positions)

2nd tier:
Rondo
Nash

3rd tier:
Westbrook
Rose
Reke

edit-may move westbrook to that 2nd tier
Old 12-04-2010, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
With the abundance of PGs in the league Felton is no where near the 2nd tier or even the 3rd tier tbh.
Other than Paul, Williams, Rondo, Rose and Westbrook, no one has played better this season. Mike D'Antoni's system has unleashed his potential, which was buried in Charlotte. It depends how many you put in each "tier" I suppose, but he has played exceptionally well.

And Tyreke Evans is not a PG, first of all and he hasn't played well this season.

Last edited by Shiver : 12-04-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I don't think Rondo/Nash are that much better than Westbrook/Rose. I'd lump them all together.

And I don't consider Reke a PG.

Felton would be next, hence bottom of the 2nd tier or top of the 3rd tier.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beno Udrih is the PG in Sacremento.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:43 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyreke Evans is overrated.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't think Rondo/Nash are that much better than Westbrook/Rose. I'd lump them all together.

And I don't consider Reke a PG.

Felton would be next, hence bottom of the 2nd tier or top of the 3rd tier.
If you do lump Westbrook and Rose into that second tier then no chance in hell that Felton belongs in there. Also I would still take guys like Chauncey and King Monta over Felton so he also wouldnt belong at the "top" of the 3rd tier.