Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2010, 12:41 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh ,and I love Stephen Curry. That first half against the Suns the other night was a clinic in PG play. He's just so wildly inconsistent. In that 3rd quarter, he went Slopball Curry: quick chucks, dumb turnovers, and bad fouls. Smart is really willing to yank Curry, otherwise, Curry would probably be averaging like 25+ and 10+

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
That isn't what I was saying. I don't doubt Amare's ability to be a solid #2. Not as good as say Pau or D-Wade, but still damn solid. I was more questioning who you consider a superstar, as for the Knicks to be title contenders they would need a legit superstar(like Melo or CP3) and not someone like Brandon Roy(a great player...just not a superstar), and even then I doubt the Knicks would be actual championship contenders given some of the teams in the league.
We need a Melo/CP3 type of star to be contenders.

A Joe Johnson/Brandon Roy/Iguodala etc would just make us a solid playoff team, but never a true contender.

Quote:
When you are talking about placing players in tiers you can not only go off 20 games into a season while that may raise him slightly it doesn't raise him to the level of third tier guys like Westbrook and Rose.

1st tier:
CP3
Deron
Gallo(he transcends positions)

2nd tier:
Rondo
Nash

3rd tier:
Westbrook
Rose
Reke

edit-may move westbrook to that 2nd tier
I hope you're not talking about Gallinari of the Knicks, bc he sucks.

I can't wait to trade his overrated ass in a package for Melo.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
We need a Melo/CP3 type of star to be contenders.

A Joe Johnson/Brandon Roy/Iguodala etc would just make us a solid playoff team, but never a true contender.

I hope you're not talking about Gallinari of the Knicks, bc he sucks.

I can't wait to trade his overrated ass in a package for Melo.
So we are on the same page on the first point.

and ya...I was just joking about Gallo...if you understood how some fans talk about him on here you would understand...haha
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also agree with the sentiment that Felton has been very very good for us this year.

We really don't need CP3 anymore with Felton playing the way he is. Granted, if we can still get CP3 I'd advocate that in a heartbeat, but Felton has been a great PG for us and has exceeded my expectations.

We also have great role players, and a solid bench. We're #1 in the league in blocked shots, we have a good Center by committee in Turiaf and Moz, we have a great 6th man in Chandler.

Fields is your blue collar does the little things starter at SG, and Stoudemire and Felton are the 1 and 2 of the team.

And Gallo just hangs out at the 3 point line and somehow Knick fans love him.

But we have a good team. Douglas, Randolph, Chandler make for a pretty decent bench. We're just missing that 1 piece.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
So we are on the same page on the first point.

and ya...I was just joking about Gallo...if you understood how some fans talk about him on here you would understand...haha
Oh I know. Trust me. I'm the only Knick fan on here that doesn't like him. And I hear it often.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I also agree with the sentiment that Felton has been very very good for us this year.

We really don't need CP3 anymore with Felton playing the way he is. Granted, if we can still get CP3 I'd advocate that in a heartbeat, but Felton has been a great PG for us and has exceeded my expectations.

We also have great role players, and a solid bench. We're #1 in the league in blocked shots, we have a good Center by committee in Turiaf and Moz, we have a great 6th man in Chandler.

Fields is your blue collar does the little things starter at SG, and Stoudemire and Felton are the 1 and 2 of the team.

But we have a good team. Douglas, Randolph, Chandler make for a pretty decent bench. We're just missing that 1 piece.
It's because he's the best ball handling forward/driver/finisher in the entire league.

....He just never does any of that because the Knicks don't want their supposed best player who is all universe at those things to do any of them for no good reason. At least, that's what I've been told.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

There's your missing piece lol.

But I agree wholeheartedly with what you said about Felton and CP3.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
It's because he's the best ball handling forward/driver/finisher in the entire league.

....He just never does any of that because the Knicks don't want their supposed best player who is all universe at those things to do any of them for no good reason. At least, that's what I've been told.
I'll say this about Gallo, and I think this is a fair evaluation of him.

He's tenacious, he tries hard on defense, and he does a decent job passing the ball.

The problem is for a shooter, he's not a very good one, he's not a great rebounder or shot blocker, he can drive but doesn't do it nearly enough and he's not a good finisher when he drives, and he's just awkward.

He's an ok player, but he's not a star player. And I think while his stock is still perceived to be high bc of "upside", we need to trick a team into taking him in part of a package for a star player while we still can.

Bc Gallo will never be a star. He'll be at best a solid player, but for some unknown reason his stock is perceived to be higher than that. And I don't get it. Maybe us Knick fans are accustomed to mediocrity lately and we view him to be better than he really is, but the truth is, he's an average player.

And I know most Knick fans will disagree with me on that, but that's how I see it. I don't get what all the hype is about.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pretty much agree 100%.

I think Gallo is a solid player, especially for being a young guy. But the way he's touted as this electrifying shooter, he's not. Sure, he has games where he can't miss, so does everyone. But my problem has always been that he will go like 10-12 one night, then 3-13 the next. And he doesn't adjust his game if his shot isn't falling, he keeps launching and sometimes launching terrible shots.

Plus I keep hearing how great he is at all these other aspects of the game, but he will only show them like once every 5 games. I don't buy that the team/system won't let him do those things if he really is so good at them.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

If he was so good at driving to the hoop, why didn't he do it before Amare was here?

I don't buy that crap that he's a great driver. He's not. He's a finesse player who likes taking jump shots.

He'll drive occasionally, but his game is built on jump shots. If he truly was a guy who can drive to the hoop, he'd do it more often. Period. Nothing about D'Antoni's system says that he MUST hang out at the 3 point line 80% of the time and just pull up bad jump shots.

And he's not even a great shooter, he's a volume shooter who happens to get hot once in awhile. He's not a consistent jump shooter at all.

He's just not that good. I don't see it.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol.. listening to the BS Report and Bill Simmons and Dan LeBatard are talking about who the Heat should trade: Wade or Bosh. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Oh and since it was before the Cleveland game BS said that Miami was going to be blown out by Cleveland and he would be shocked if they won.

hahaha

Last edited by Shiver : 12-04-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the NBA is buying the New Orleans Hornets. Please come to Kansas City, please, please, please. The Sprint Center is amazing and Kansas City has good fans.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only reason the NBA is buying them is to look for a buyer that's willing to keep them in New Orleans, not to move them.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Not from what I've read. And with New Orleans and Sacremento in talks of moving KC should definitely get a team. I can only hope.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Not from what I've read. And with New Orleans and Sacremento in talks of moving KC should definitely get a team. I can only hope.
I remember a few years ago when there was talk of the Penguins moving to KC....I knew some people at school who literally may have killed themselves if that was allowed to happen.

I'm kind of surprised they don't have more pro sports teams.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
lol.. listening to the BS Report and Bill Simmons and Dan LeBatard are talking about who the Heat should trade: Wade or Bosh. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Oh and since it was before the Cleveland game BS said that Miami was going to be blown out by Cleveland and he would be shocked if they won.

hahaha
Bill Simmons is a fucktard and should not have a job.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:40 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Bill Simmons is a fucktard and should not have a job.
Thou shalt not slander the Sports Czar's name.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I remember a few years ago when there was talk of the Penguins moving to KC....I knew some people at school who literally may have killed themselves if that was allowed to happen.

I'm kind of surprised they don't have more pro sports teams.
Yeah, it's crazy. I mean the Chiefs have had one of the best home field advantages in football year in and out despite not winning a playoff game since 1993. The Royals have more in attendance than the Rays did and they have a notoriously cheap owner that has run the organization into being the Pirates of the Midwest.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Miami is blowing out Atlanta so far. They have looked like they turned the corner, all three are playing well together, Dampier and Chalmers have solidified the defense. I want to see if they keep up the intensity in the 2nd half though. But I really wouldn't be surprised if they go on a huge winning streak and go into LA hot on Christmas.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade/LBJ/Bosh- 42, rest of the Heat- 8. Nice.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love's about to go off tonight. 13/10 midway through the 2nd Q.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Who needs 'em, right?

Old 12-04-2010, 09:18 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heat scored 13 in the third and it's a 2 point game. Dammit.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Yeah, the Heat went into another one of those "we don't need to work hard, hustle, let's just chill" moments.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:25 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Love with 20/13 in the first half.

Is that good?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote