Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2010, 10:23 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dominic James was so awesome, he just couldn't stay healthy.

Kinda pissed about that too, because I met him once and it would be cool to have been able to say I had like a 10 minute conversation with an NBA player.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:36 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I wasn't just referring to FG%. Paul is better from 3 point land (smaller sample size though), as well as shooting 91% from the free throw line. Also, Deron averages 3 more minutes than Paul, which doesn't seem like much, but could easily help close the scoring gap.

And yes, it is debatable who is the better player.
That was the whole point of my previous post. You were saying Deron was better. I was saying that's not really true because they're both pretty equal and a case can be made for either.

I also don't know how being considered the best or second best PG in the league for the past several years constitutes being underrated, but okay.

In regards to your other post about "winning" as being the most important aspect for a point guard...well, that's weak. But it's a pretty weak argument in any sport. A team oriented stat like winning is just that...team based. I don't care how good Paul and Deron are, they can't win by themselves. But up until this point, Deron has always had much better players to play with.
That was the entire point of his post too. He was saying that Paul wasn't clearly better, and presented reasons why you could argue for Deron too in reply to a statement that Paul is better than D-Will. You misinterpreted him saying that Deron outplays Paul head to head - not overall.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:45 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cp3 and dwill wish they could pass like Nash

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
That was the entire point of his post too. He was saying that Paul wasn't clearly better, and presented reasons why you could argue for Deron too in reply to a statement that Paul is better than D-Will. You misinterpreted him saying that Deron outplays Paul head to head - not overall.
I know what he was saying, but most of his post seemed to infer Deron was better, which Sweetness himself admits he's bias on.

I just think most of his reasons for Deron being better were weak in general. Being a winner? Being a floor general? To me those aren't really definable, nor can they be significantly or fairly measured, so using them to compare between two players is pretty shaky.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting week in fantasy for me.

We you go with the tank FT% it is pretty amazing how it can be 20 points lower than another team.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pats-Jets bore me. So I am going to Bucks-Heat tonight! Lets go Heat!
Old 12-06-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I know what he was saying, but most of his post seemed to infer Deron was better, which Sweetness himself admits he's bias on.

I just think most of his reasons for Deron being better were weak in general. Being a winner? Being a floor general? To me those aren't really definable, nor can they be significantly or fairly measured, so using them to compare between two players is pretty shaky.
Even if I did say he was better how is that any different? It can be argued and debated. Paul is very good, but so is Deron. They remain 1A and 1B.

My post was mainly directed at yo who said that Paul was clearly the best PG in the league, which is IMO false.

Most of my reasons are shaky? Paul is a ball dominant player, whereas Deron is more of an orchestrator. His intangibles are top notch, whereas I question this area with Paul. Intangibles aren't really definable, but they are important. Paul is the better playmaker, passer and for his career has posted better offensive numbers in terms of efficiency. He also averages more steals and rebounds than Deron. I question Paul's leadership and mettle though.

Winning isn't about solely about stats. It's also about doing the little things. Some guys just have a knack for winning games and Deron is one of them. Has he had help? Sure, but there isn't a player in the history of the game that has won by himself.

This is a debate that will likely rage on for the duration of their careers (until Rose takes both of them over). :D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or until Ricky Rubio takes them both over :)

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too bad Ricky Rubio sucks.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
U watch ur mouth about the Roobster!
Old 12-06-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Or until Ricky Rubio takes them both over :)
For the Knicks.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Even if I did say he was better how is that any different? It can be argued and debated. Paul is very good, but so is Deron. They remain 1A and 1B.

My post was mainly directed at yo who said that Paul was clearly the best PG in the league, which is IMO false.

Most of my reasons are shaky? Paul is a ball dominant player, whereas Deron is more of an orchestrator. His intangibles are top notch, whereas I question this area with Paul. Intangibles aren't really definable, but they are important. Paul is the better playmaker, passer and for his career has posted better offensive numbers in terms of efficiency. He also averages more steals and rebounds than Deron. I question Paul's leadership and mettle though.

Winning isn't about solely about stats. It's also about doing the little things. Some guys just have a knack for winning games and Deron is one of them. Has he had help? Sure, but there isn't a player in the history of the game that has won by himself.

This is a debate that will likely rage on for the duration of their careers (until Rose takes both of them over). :D
Fair enough. I'd argue Paul is just as much of a leader as Deron is, but again, it's really impossible to quantify.

I personally have gone back and forth on who I think is the better PG, but Paul is currently the best in league by a slim margin, imo. He scores so efficiently, has improved his outside game, his steal numbers are absurdly good, and he never turns the ball over. Plus I think he's a fiery leader and is tough/strong for being a rather small guy.

I do like Deron's ability off the ball and his size more, though, among other qualities you've mentioned.

There isn't a right or wrong though because they're closely matched. It's not like arguing between Deron/Paul and Rose/Westbrook right now, because most people know the former two are better as it stands.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey now, he'll be an above average player and you know it! If nothing else, he can't be any worse than Luke Ridnour.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHVF View Post
Hey now, he'll be an above average player and you know it! If nothing else, he can't be any worse than Luke Ridnour.
You'll be surprised at how little he's grown in the last couple of years. He's not a good defender or shooter at this point.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You'll be surprised at how little he's grown in the last couple of years. He's not a good defender or shooter at this point.
Sadly, I've seen a couple of Barcelona's games this year and for the most part I agree. Also, he's one of the most passive players I've ever seen, especially for all the hype he's gotten. Oh well, the Wolves' backcourt situation really can't get any worse. I'm really just hoping for Irving in the upcoming draft.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:28 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Westbrook and Rose are playing each other to a stalemate and not in a good way LOL. Both are guarding each other extremely well and they are having bad shooting nights.

Brooks took out Durant for 8 minutes in the 3rd for an unknown reason. Boozer's having a pretty beastly night. Good to see him playing well in only his 4th game back.

Oh and Kevin Love rocks my socks off.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heat beat the Bucks by 10, Wade with a career high 14 rebounds (and 25 pts, 5 asts), 16/12 for Bosh.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHVF View Post
Sadly, I've seen a couple of Barcelona's games this year and for the most part I agree. Also, he's one of the most passive players I've ever seen, especially for all the hype he's gotten. Oh well, the Wolves' backcourt situation really can't get any worse. I'm really just hoping for Irving in the upcoming draft.
I've got a friend that's been teaching in Barcelona and he told me that Rubio has been lighting it up.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how long before Kevin Love says "Enough of this ****, I want out of here." I can't blame him when it happens.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I wonder how long before Kevin Love says "Enough of this ****, I want out of here." I can't blame him when it happens.
trade him to the lakers, he'll fit like a glove here

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
trade him to the lakers, he'll fit like a glove here
Only if it's for Ron Artest, I'd love to see a bat **** crazy headcase contest between those two.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'd blame him. It's his third ****** year and we're headed in the right direction.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Haha, it was a great game by Love and the Wolves were pretty solid in general. You can tell they've come a long way from last year, even if it isn't always transitioning into wins.

Still, Knicks had a pretty beast game. Amare continues to **** on people and Felton has been superb. Chandler is quietly having a superb year.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

I didn't see the game, but I saw Ridnour had five turnovers. I really can't wait until Flynn and Webster come back. Maybe then we can beat our first team that is over .500
Old 12-06-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Taj Gibson, James Johnson, and 2 firsts?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote