Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Psh, that front court can't even match up with the Bulls. And by the Bulls, I mean Omer Asik and Taj Gibson because they are our true stars. We only bring them off the bench to make it fair for everyone else.

And I'm curious as to what the Knicks could/would give up to trade for Melo now. Obviously, anything they give up will basically leave them with little to no depth, and probably cost them in terms of the draft for a year or two.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mozgov is absolutely horrendous. I mean....I would not expect much, if anything, at all from him....ever
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Psh, that front court can't even match up with the Bulls. And by the Bulls, I mean Omer Asik and Taj Gibson because they are our true stars. We only bring them off the bench to make it fair for everyone else.

And I'm curious as to what the Knicks could/would give up to trade for Melo now. Obviously, anything they give up will basically leave them with little to no depth, and probably cost them in terms of the draft for a year or two.
I'm hoping something like Chandler, AR and a 1st ends up happening although that's probably overly optimistic and ultimately nothing ends up happening until the offseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Mozgov is absolutely horrendous. I mean....I would not expect much, if anything, at all from him....ever
*shrug* he contest shots pretty well and did a good job rolling in the preseason, he looks really nervous out there now and I think that's a result of how many ticky tacky fouls he's picked up. Plus I'm hoping Turiaf rubs off on him.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Melo has openely said he wants to be traded to the Knicks.. if they don't trade him, he is FA.. I can't see him playing for any of those teams.
Melo can say he wants to get traded to the Knicks or the Monstars, at the end of the day the Nuggets own his rights and can trade him wherever they want. My point was, if Dallas, Orlando, whoever steps up and makes Denver an offer they can't refuse...Melo might extend with them. Denver definitely sees the writing on the wall, and they would be foolish not to take the best offer for him they can get.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
Melo can say he wants to get traded to the Knicks or the Monstars, at the end of the day the Nuggets own his rights and can trade him wherever they want. My point was, if Dallas, Orlando, whoever steps up and makes Denver an offer they can't refuse...Melo might extend with them. Denver definitely sees the writing on the wall, and they would be foolish not to take the best offer for him they can get.
I think the assumption is that none of those teams will give up as good of a package as they could if they don't think he'll re-sign with them.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 12-13-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Nuggets are only gonna trade Melo if it is worth it for them to throw away the season and give up all hope of resigning Melo. Chandler, AR and a 1st isn't gonna do that.

For all we know the new CBA could make the benefit of staying with your present team(monetary wise) massive. That is why I think it is worth it for the Knicks to not risk it and do what it takes to get Melo now
Old 12-13-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
What you're not understanding is that the other teams will have no incentive whatsoever of trading for Carmelo if they already know his intentions are to leave in the off-season. No one is gonna give up valuable pieces for a half-season rental. As much as you think that the Nuggets have the leverage here, you're wrong. You're right, the Nuggets could trade him to the Bobcats if they wanted to, but at the end of the day, they're coming out with the short end of the stick, and Melo will get what he wants.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Trade Gallo in a heartbeat! Get that bum off my team!

And anyway Knicks fans, let's not fool ourselves. We can't keep Melo and Gallo anyway. It would kill our bench bc Gallo's pricetag is going to be high.

I rather trade Gallo for Melo, and use the rest of our money to build up our bench and extending Felton instead of going after a 3rd big FA and depleting our bench.

Felton's play pretty much eliminates the need for Chris Paul anyway.

If the Knicks get Melo, we're title contenders. We're playing so well already without him, just imagine how good we'll be with him.

Amare Stoudemire is a legit MVP candidate. Dude is a beast.
Pull back on the reigns a little bit. It's a nice start, but you've also played one of the easiest schedules in the league. Beating Denver at a home is another step, but here is your next 20 or games;

vs Boston
vs Miami
@ Cleveland
vs Oklahoma City
vs Chicago
@ Miami
@ Orlando

vs Indiana
vs San Antonio
@ Phoenix
@ LA Lakers
@ Portland
@ Utah
vs Sacramento
vs Phoenix
@ Houston
@ San Antonio
@ Oklahoma City
vs Miami
@ Atlanta
vs Detroit
vs Dallas

Come through that stretch in good shape (let's say 14-8 ) and we'll see if the Knicks are for real. I believe they are a playoff team. But playoff team and contender are two completely different things.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amazing news from Clipperland.

Quote:
It’s not uncommon to hear Los Angeles Clippers fans heckle Baron Davis(notes). Of late, however, the jeers directed at the team’s struggling point guard are coming from a far more surprising source: The man paying Davis, Clippers owner Donald Sterling.

Sterling has expressed his displeasure about Davis’ play by taunting him from his courtside seat at Clippers’ home games, several sources told Yahoo! Sports. Among Sterling’s verbal barbs:

– “Why are you in the game?”

– “Why did you take that shot?”

– “You’re out of shape!”

While Sterling has also taunted other Clippers players since the middle of last season, none have received it worse than Davis, the sources said.

“There’s nothing I can say,” Davis said of Sterling’s taunts. “I have no comment on that. You just get to this point where it’s a fight every day. It’s a fight. You’re fighting unnecessary battles. I’m fighting unnecessary battles.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For being a racist cheap piece of ****, Sterling is pretty funny.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Pull back on the reigns a little bit. It's a nice start, but you've also played one of the easiest schedules in the league. Beating Denver at a home is another step, but here is your next 20 or games;

vs Boston
vs Miami
@ Cleveland
vs Oklahoma City
vs Chicago
@ Miami
@ Orlando

vs Indiana
vs San Antonio
@ Phoenix
@ LA Lakers
@ Portland
@ Utah
vs Sacramento
vs Phoenix
@ Houston
@ San Antonio
@ Oklahoma City
vs Miami
@ Atlanta
vs Detroit
vs Dallas

Come through that stretch in good shape (let's say 14-8 ) and we'll see if the Knicks are for real. I believe they are a playoff team. But playoff team and contender are two completely different things.
We're not contenders. We're a playoff team but we're not contenders.

If we get Melo and they gel well, then we can be contenders. But not right now. This current team is merely a playoff team.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I disagree very much. With Melo coming in with Amare we're absolutely going to need every good passer who's an efficient scorer we can keep. That's why I'd hate to give up Gallo and Fields. THey're so good at making a contribution without taking many shots. Just recently Gallo had a 16 points on 5 shots game, that's why I love the dude so much, he doesn't get to do too much in the offense because the guys ahead of him in the food chain are producing as well as Amare's current 30 streak, but he always chips in, even when he's not getting many chances to put it in the hoop.

In a year or two I genuinely believe that
Amare
Gallo
Melo
Fields
Felton

is a lineup that can win a title, if our bench develops well with Mozzie, Dougie, Shawne Williams, Turiaf and maybe Chandler/AR.
Enough already with this Gallinari dick sucking contest on here. He's not that good. He's mediocre and I'm tired of hearing about his contributions.

How? By just chilling at the 3 point line? I don't get the Gallo love on here, I really don't. Even the coaching staff isn't thrilled with him. A local radio host was talking about it today. I constantly here excuses about why he doesn't drive to the paint, how its part of the system and all that jazz. But the coaching staff has come out and said that they are upset with his lack of aggression and WANT him to attack more, but he doesn't.

I don't want to hear it with Gallo anymore. He sucks. Get rid of that bum before the rest of the league realizes he's just a role player and he's no longer a commodity.

And im not singling you out or anything, so don't take it that way. This is more of a general rant of mine about Gallinari. I'm tired of his ass. He sucks.

I can't wait till we trade his ass. Then I don't have to hear about that bum anymore.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey I've always said that every single time I watch a Knicks game Wilson Chandler impresses me more than Gallinari on both ends of the floor but then all I ever hear is that I guess the games I don't watch Gallinari is rocking the world and aparently has sick post D, I guess I've always missed those games.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Hey I've always said that every single time I watch a Knicks game Wilson Chandler impresses me more than Gallinari on both ends of the floor but then all I ever hear is that I guess the games I don't watch Gallinari is rocking the world and aparently has sick post D, I guess I've always missed those games.
Yeah, Chandler is the better player. No doubt about that.

I love Gallo just as much as the next Knicks fan but some people really overrate him on here.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
No...he's really not that good.

And for all the talk about how he can't thrive now bc of the guys taking shots in front of him, I ask this, why then doesn't he step up when those guys are on the bench?

Why doesn't Gallo take over when Amare is taking a rest? I'm tired of the excuses, he's just not a good player, and we're trying to manufacture him into being one.

But he's not. I get it, he's young and there's still hope, but to me he is what he is. He's a guy who tries hard on defense, is tall and is a good role player, but that's it.

He's not a star, and he'll never be a star. He's not even a solid #2. He's just a good role player and we make him out to be this savior and he's just not even close to that.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Enough already with this Gallinari dick sucking contest on here. He's not that good. He's mediocre and I'm tired of hearing about his contributions.

How? By just chilling at the 3 point line? I don't get the Gallo love on here, I really don't. Even the coaching staff isn't thrilled with him. A local radio host was talking about it today. I constantly here excuses about why he doesn't drive to the paint, how its part of the system and all that jazz. But the coaching staff has come out and said that they are upset with his lack of aggression and WANT him to attack more, but he doesn't.

I don't want to hear it with Gallo anymore. He sucks. Get rid of that bum before the rest of the league realizes he's just a role player and he's no longer a commodity.

And im not singling you out or anything, so don't take it that way. This is more of a general rant of mine about Gallinari. I'm tired of his ass. He sucks.

I can't wait till we trade his ass. Then I don't have to hear about that bum anymore.
You've just been getting impatient lately. You were eating Barden and Beatty alive before they got on the field. I like Gallo because for a decade we've had players who were either too dumb or too talentless, Gallo is really smart, and he's tough minded a guy who steps his play up and delivers when our team needs it. He can be efficient and he helps the team on games, even when he's not getting the ball. I like our coaching staff but they got screwed by Gallo coming in on fire, he's not a pure sniper, he's a streaky rhythm shooter who needs the ball to pass through his hands for him to keep hot, but the first D'Antoni and co saw of him was him hitting everything in sight. That's why the coaching staff thinks he just needs to be more aggressive, so that he can be that pure sniper when that's not his game, at least not yet. This is just his second NBA season he's still adjusting but his smarts, skill lever and mentally toughness make me think he'll be a really good one once he hits his prime.

One thing I can't wait for if we do get Melo is seeing what Gallo can do running the second team offense a la Turkeyglue, that let's gallo drive more and let's him get more of a rhythm, plus Melo adds another stud shooter to the starting lineup which would also free up Gallo. I know that won't convince you guys, but this kid plays the game the way I love to see it played, that's why I defend him and Fields so vehemently, they're the type of guys who can be perfect role players capable of stepping up when the team needs them. So far we haven't needed our supporting cast to step up too big as AmaRay have wrecked ****, for now our guys have just kept filling in around AmaRay. But in this coming stretch AmaRay will get slowed down and we're going to need the supporting cast to step up, I'm very curious to see who steps up then and I think people will warm up to Chandler, Gallo and Fields a lot over this next stretch.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-13-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, I actually like Gallo as a guy that will come off the bench and hit some shots when the rest of the offense is struggling. He would be a real solid 6th man-type player. Not necessarily is he not good enough to start, but I think that's where he would be most beneficial, at least right now. Otherwise, he should be a starting SF on a team that has a legit big man and a legit guard.

[quote=Rosebud;2427170]One thing I can't wait for if we do get Melo is seeing what Gallo can do running the second team offense a la Turkeyglue, that let's gallo drive more and let's him get more of a rhythm, plus Melo adds another stud shooter to the starting lineup which would also free up Gallo.QUOTE]

Precicesly. Gallo would be better fitted as a role player and 3rd or 4th option, or otherwise coming off the bench to be the focus of the second team. Because of that, imo, he shouldn't be untouchable. If you can keep him and get Melo (most likely via FA) fantastic, but if he needs to be a part of the trade you do it without hesitation.

This isn't like the Bulls dilemma of do we trade this young, legit Center for Melo. You guys would be trading a role player with some potential who will never fill a #1 need, and if everything works out perfect and at its best, he would be a #2.

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 12-13-2010 at 04:20 PM.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah, Chandler's a better player right now, but him Gallo are really different players and benefit a lot from one another, that's why you rarely see both of them put up 20+ in the same game. One of them will get a little more attention then the other and that one will go off to compliment AmaRay. Chandler's been playing great and I love how much he's improved his decision making, but I think Gallo's more cerebral when he's getting fed and that style of play appeals to me more just because I too am a slow white guy who used to get by with being crafty and able to get hot from 3.

PS It's not gallo's sick post D, it's his sick perimeter charge drawing abilities. :-D Kid can flop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post

I love Gallo just as much as the next Knicks fan but some people really overrate him on here.
I'll agree that Chandler's delivering more right now but I think they're similar level players right now and Gallo has more potential in the long run because he's longer, a better shooter and smarter passer.

Quote:

And for all the talk about how he can't thrive now bc of the guys taking shots in front of him, I ask this, why then doesn't he step up when those guys are on the bench?

Why doesn't Gallo take over when Amare is taking a rest? I'm tired of the excuses, he's just not a good player, and we're trying to manufacture him into being one.

But he's not. I get it, he's young and there's still hope, but to me he is what he is. He's a guy who tries hard on defense, is tall and is a good role player, but that's it.

He's not a star, and he'll never be a star. He's not even a solid #2. He's just a good role player and we make him out to be this savior and he's just not even close to that.
I think he can be an elite 3rd guy, someone who has a very similar style of play to Paul Pierce with his craftiness and intelligence which often goes unnoticed. I love this kid because he can be a great role player who can step up when we need him to. He's not exploding with the second unit because most of his PT comes with the starters and even on the second unit they don't ever let him run the offense. I mean a Gallo/Chandler PnR should be really deadly yet we never see it even when AmaRay are off of the court. My theory on why is because we're still developing chemistry, we've just started figuring out how to maximize AmaRay a week or two ago so we need to just stay patient and let the team keep feeling each other out. We're making steady progress as a team, so why not see how much more progress we can make.

[quote=iowatreat54;2427173]Yes, I actually like Gallo as a guy that will come off the bench and hit some shots when the rest of the offense is struggling. He would be a real solid 6th man-type player. Not necessarily is he not good enough to start, but I think that's where he would be most beneficial, at least right now. Otherwise, he should be a starting SF on a team that has a legit big man and a legit guard.

[quote=Rosebud;2427170]One thing I can't wait for if we do get Melo is seeing what Gallo can do running the second team offense a la Turkeyglue, that let's gallo drive more and let's him get more of a rhythm, plus Melo adds another stud shooter to the starting lineup which would also free up Gallo.
Quote:

Precicesly. Gallo would be better fitted as a role player and 3rd or 4th option, or otherwise coming off the bench to be the focus of the second team. Because of that, imo, he shouldn't be untouchable. If you can keep him and get Melo (most likely via FA) fantastic, but if he needs to be a part of the trade you do it without hesitation.

This isn't like the Bulls dilemma of do we trade this young, legit Center for Melo. You guys would be trading a role player with some potential who will never fill a #1 need, and if everything works out perfect and at its best, he would be a #2.
My problem with him coming off of the bench is that he's a rhythm shooter, he can come off of the bench and nail 3s every now and then, but for him to do that consistently he needs the ball to pass through his hands which is why I think he's ideal starting alongside our stars as a role player to let him just space the court and build his rhythm, then when you take your Amare's and hypothetically Melo off of the court you let gallo start running the offense. He'll be great keeping us rolling while the stars play, not coming off to ignite the team. In fact I think Wilson's much better as an ignitor because he's less streaky with his midrange J.

Yeah, if it's Gallo or no Melo ever I wouldn't be furious with trading Gallo, although i do think if we let him leave and a team lets him run his own team we'll see him blossom into a star, but I still don't think that's the case. I'd bet that the new CBA has a grandfather clause in it so that a guy like Melo could get that 65 over 3 year extension through a S&T in the summer, in which case Denver's leverage is all but gone. Still though I'm just so concerned about what adding Melo to AmaRay would mean for our ball movement that I'm a little hesitent about giving up too much for Melo. I want those guys to have guys around that they are confident passing to to keep us efficient offensively, because if we're playing 3 on 5 offensively, even with Melo, Amare and Felts, we won't go that farther than one round in the playoffs.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-13-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah, Chandler's a better player right now, but him Gallo are really different players and benefit a lot from one another, that's why you rarely see both of them put up 20+ in the same game. One of them will get a little more attention then the other and that one will go off to compliment AmaRay. Chandler's been playing great and I love how much he's improved his decision making, but I think Gallo's more cerebral when he's getting fed and that style of play appeals to me more just because I too am a slow white guy who used to get by with being crafty and able to get hot from 3.

PS It's not gallo's sick post D, it's his sick perimeter charge drawing abilities. :-D Kid can flop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post

I'll agree that Chandler's delivering more right now but I think they're similar level players right now and Gallo has more potential in the long run because he's longer, a better shooter and smarter passer.

Quote:

I think he can be an elite 3rd guy, someone who has a very similar style of play to Paul Pierce with his craftiness and intelligence which often goes unnoticed. I love this kid because he can be a great role player who can step up when we need him to. He's not exploding with the second unit because most of his PT comes with the starters and even on the second unit they don't ever let him run the offense. I mean a Gallo/Chandler PnR should be really deadly yet we never see it even when AmaRay are off of the court. My theory on why is because we're still developing chemistry, we've just started figuring out how to maximize AmaRay a week or two ago so we need to just stay patient and let the team keep feeling each other out. We're making steady progress as a team, so why not see how much more progress we can make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Yes, I actually like Gallo as a guy that will come off the bench and hit some shots when the rest of the offense is struggling. He would be a real solid 6th man-type player. Not necessarily is he not good enough to start, but I think that's where he would be most beneficial, at least right now. Otherwise, he should be a starting SF on a team that has a legit big man and a legit guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
One thing I can't wait for if we do get Melo is seeing what Gallo can do running the second team offense a la Turkeyglue, that let's gallo drive more and let's him get more of a rhythm, plus Melo adds another stud shooter to the starting lineup which would also free up Gallo.

My problem with him coming off of the bench is that he's a rhythm shooter, he can come off of the bench and nail 3s every now and then, but for him to do that consistently he needs the ball to pass through his hands which is why I think he's ideal starting alongside our stars as a role player to let him just space the court and build his rhythm, then when you take your Amare's and hypothetically Melo off of the court you let gallo start running the offense. He'll be great keeping us rolling while the stars rest, not coming off to ignite the team. In fact I think Wilson's much better as an ignitor because he's less streaky with his midrange J.

Yeah, if it's Gallo or no Melo ever I wouldn't be furious with trading Gallo, although i do think if we let him leave and a team lets him run his own team we'll see him blossom into a star, but I still don't think that's the case. I'd bet that the new CBA has a grandfather clause in it so that a guy like Melo could get that 65 over 3 year extension through a S&T in the summer, in which case Denver's leverage is all but gone. Still though I'm just so concerned about what adding Melo to AmaRay would mean for our ball movement that I'm a little hesitent about giving up too much for Melo. I want those guys to have guys around that they are confident passing to to keep us efficient offensively, because if we're playing 3 on 5 offensively, even with Melo, Amare and Felts, we won't go that farther than one round in the playoffs.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-13-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think Knicks fans need to temper their expectations on Gallinari. He doesn't even have Bargnani upside, if you want to think about the type of player Gallinari will be think Keith Van Horn. A very good role player but Gallinari will never be a top end option on a championship team.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gallinari love on this board is out of control. It reminds me of Laker fans a few years ago (not on this board) who tried telling me that Jordan Famar could become a Tony Parker-like player with better range.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Courtney Lee was pretty beloved here, until he got traded and then all of that potential talk went out the window.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I just think Knicks fans need to temper their expectations on Gallinari. He doesn't even have Bargnani upside, if you want to think about the type of player Gallinari will be think Keith Van Horn. A very good role player but Gallinari will never be a top end option on a championship team.
Have you changed your opinion of Bargnani, I remember Van Horn used to be the guy you compared him to
Old 12-13-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Courtney Lee was pretty beloved here, until he got traded and then all of that potential talk went out the window.
That kind of just happens when plays go from being on the Magic to not being on the Magic
Old 12-13-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here's the dirty little secret in professional sports, especially in the NBA:
99.999999999% of players will never come close to reaching their potential

This is a draft board, though, where potential is the only thing that matters. The words "potential means you haven't done ****" mean nothing here.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote