Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Have you changed your opinion of Bargnani, I remember Van Horn used to be the guy you compared him to
It's not supposed to be an insult, in fact Bargnani isn't at the level Van Horn was in his prime, although Bargnani is tougher inside although not as good of a rebounder.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmm Bulls next 20 games:

Indiana
@ Toronto
Clippers
Philadelphia
@Washington
@NY
@Detroit
Milwaukee
New Jersey
Cleveland

Toronto
@New Jersey
@Philadelphia
Boston
Detroit
@Charlotte
@Indiana
Miami
@Memphis
Charlotte

Obviously nothing can be assumed, but if the Bulls keep playing like they are now, they should kill over this part of their schedule. Should be pretty fun. :)
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Gallo's already as good as Turkeyglue because he's smarter out there. Maybe I'm over-rating him with that comment, but honestly I don't think so. I think Gallo's far more efficient as a scorer, makes less dumb turnovers and plays much better defense. If we're talking about Gallo's prime I think Detlef Shrempf is the tall white guy to compare Gallo to, his skillset compares to KVH, but he's mentally tougher and more of a fighter which is why I think he's more DS than KVH. IMO that type of exceptional role players/perfect glue guy is the difference between the elite teams. Especially if we've got as ball dominant guys as Amare and Melo playing together, the other guys have to be especially effective at chipping in without needing plays run for them, that's what Gallo has done exceptionally since day one and something Fields excels at as well which is why they've become my favorite young knicks in a decade.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bargs and Gallo wish they could be as good as Van Horn was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I think Gallo's already as good as Turkeyglue because he's smarter out there. Maybe I'm over-rating him with that comment, but honestly I don't think so. I think Gallo's far more efficient as a scorer, makes less dumb turnovers and plays much better defense. If we're talking about Gallo's prime I think Detlef Shrempf is the tall white guy to compare Gallo to, his skillset compares to KVH, but he's mentally tougher and more of a fighter which is why I think he's more DS than KVH. IMO that type of exceptional role players/perfect glue guy is the difference between the elite teams. Especially if we've got as ball dominant guys as Amare and Melo playing together, the other guys have to be especially effective at chipping in without needing plays run for them, that's what Gallo has done exceptionally since day one and something Fields excels at as well which is why they've become my favorite young knicks in a decade.
Well, Turkoglu ******* sucks right now so comparing him to current Turkoglu doesnt mean much. But if you are referring to Magic Turkoglu then you are silly. Turkoglu pretty much played the point on that team something Gallo couldn't come close to doing.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post

Indiana
@ Toronto
Clippers
Philadelphia
@Washington
@NY
@Detroit
Milwaukee
New Jersey
Cleveland

Toronto
@New Jersey
@Philadelphia
Boston
Detroit
@Charlotte
@Indiana
Miami
@Memphis
Charlotte

Obviously nothing can be assumed, but if the Bulls keep playing like they are now, they should kill over this part of their schedule. Should be pretty fun. :)

Holy **** how does that even happen? The only games that they shouldn't be favored in are Boston and Miami, and New York is probably a toss up.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Indiana
@ Toronto
Clippers
Philadelphia
@Washington
@NY
@Detroit
Milwaukee
New Jersey
Cleveland

Toronto
@New Jersey
@Philadelphia
Boston
Detroit
@Charlotte
@Indiana
Miami
@Memphis
Charlotte

Nice.... Bulls on the come up.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol. A guy who posts on the Warrior realGM board has been floating a Monta+Beans for VC+ junk from Orlando rumor.

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN....PLEASE!!!!

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Indiana
@ Toronto
Clippers
Philadelphia
@Washington
@NY
@Detroit
Milwaukee
New Jersey
Cleveland

Toronto
@New Jersey
@Philadelphia
Boston
Detroit
@Charlotte
@Indiana
Miami
@Memphis
Charlotte

Yikes! They definitely won't make a BCS game with a schedule like that.

Back to backs are the great equalizer in the NBA, so they might get caught by a handful of teams...but on paper the Bulls could pretty much have the central more or less wrapped up pretty early.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, Turkoglu ******* sucks right now so comparing him to current Turkoglu doesnt mean much. But if you are referring to Magic Turkoglu then you are silly. Turkoglu pretty much played the point on that team something Gallo couldn't come close to doing.
Hedo on the magic had 2008 where he was better than Gallo is right now, but even with that year Magic Hedo also made a lot of dumb turnovers when he was playing point, Gallo doesn't make those turnovers when the balls in his hands and he plays much better D and is a more efficient scorer than that Hedo, so IMO Gallo right now is comparable in impact to Magic Hedo. And Gallo will still get better and his role will increase.

As I mentioned in my other post, if Gallo's healthy and he ends spending his career with a good team I see a Detlef Schrempf type of impact with a little less rebounds closer to 6-7 than the 9 that DS put up for a couple of years, but with better shooting percentages, defense and more trips to the line. Although given his craftiness, work ethic and attitude I wouldn't cap that as his ceiling. With his skillset he could become a franchise player, especially if he spends these early years battling in the playoffs and watching current franchise players up close.

That to me would be a perfect 3rd wheel to Amare and Melo and could help keep Ray fresh by running the second unit. That's why he's so valuable to us, because in a couple of years he'll be the perfect compliment to those two high powered scorers and the supporting cast is what will differentiate us from teams like Orlando, LA, OKC and the Heat then which is why I want Gallo with AmaRay and Melo. Simply because I don't think AmaRay, Melo + league min vets wouldn't beat any of those top teams, especially since Miami has a head start on sifting through ring chasing vets.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 12-13-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Holy **** how does that even happen? The only games that they shouldn't be favored in are Boston and Miami, and New York is probably a toss up.
Pretty much because their early schedule was set up with the circus road trip out west plus a couple tougher games early, so now they get all the "easier" teams for a little while.

Like I said, can't take anything for granted and this Bulls team hasn't shown that they can easily win any game (Minnesota?), but they should still be able to come away from the next 20ish games with relatively few scrapes and bruises. Hopefully.

Big key is to stay healthy during this stretch. I'm looking at you Boozer...
Old 12-13-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Hedo on the magic had 2008 where he was better than Gallo is right now, but even with that year Magic Hedo also made a lot of dumb turnovers when he was playing point, Gallo doesn't make those turnovers when the balls in his hands and he plays much better D and is a more efficient scorer than that Hedo, so IMO Gallo right now is comparable in impact to Magic Hedo. And Gallo will still get better and his role will increase.
:/

....If Gallo had the ball in his hands half as much as Hedo did he would be making just as many turnovers. You clearly don't understand Hedo's role on those Magic teams. He ran the ******* offence. He didn't just sit at the 3 point line all ******* day. Hedo ran that pick and roll with Dwight beautifully. It was almost unstoppable. Not to mention how clutch Hedo was on those teams.

edit....and you keep mentioning in a few years....in a few years Gallo's contract will be up and we all know that LeBron will demand that the Heat get Gallo, Bill Walker and Toney Douglas(Earl Barron as well?) allowing him to live his lifelong dream of playing with those guys.

Last edited by Chucky : 12-13-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:49 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Also, Bulls are tied for 3rd with the Lakers for most wins vs. Western Conference teams with 11, behind Dallas (12) and San Antonio (13).

No team in the East has more than 6.

Miami is 3-7 vs. teams above .500 and 14-1 vs. teams below .500. They are also 0-3 in games decided by < 3.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Here's the dirty little secret in professional sports, especially in the NBA:
99.999999999% of players will never come close to reaching their potential

This is a draft board, though, where potential is the only thing that matters. The words "potential means you haven't done ****" mean nothing here.
**** end of page trap.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Enough already with this Gallinari dick sucking contest on here. He's not that good. He's mediocre and I'm tired of hearing about his contributions.

How? By just chilling at the 3 point line? I don't get the Gallo love on here, I really don't. Even the coaching staff isn't thrilled with him. A local radio host was talking about it today. I constantly here excuses about why he doesn't drive to the paint, how its part of the system and all that jazz. But the coaching staff has come out and said that they are upset with his lack of aggression and WANT him to attack more, but he doesn't.

I don't want to hear it with Gallo anymore. He sucks. Get rid of that bum before the rest of the league realizes he's just a role player and he's no longer a commodity.

And im not singling you out or anything, so don't take it that way. This is more of a general rant of mine about Gallinari. I'm tired of his ass. He sucks.

I can't wait till we trade his ass. Then I don't have to hear about that bum anymore.
Says the guy who is clearly bias in every fashion when it comes to Gallo. There is nothing wrong with disliking a player, but to say his sucks is down right false. Is he a great? Obviously not, but I don't think anyone is claiming that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Gallinari love on this board is out of control. It reminds me of Laker fans a few years ago (not on this board) who tried telling me that Jordan Famar could become a Tony Parker-like player with better range.
I'm kind of confused. When has this huge love fest for Gallinari happened? I'm pretty sure anytime someone brings him up the vast majority of people say he's not particularly good. Usually someone brings him up and Chucky has to be a tool and say the same thing every time, "Gallo top 5 player? Oh and Bill Walker and Toney Douglas for Melozzz?"

I tend to think I'm pretty neutral when it comes to Gallo. I loved his effort for a ****** Knicks team last year, but in terms of what his upside is I don't think he'll ever be a star. Nor do I see many Knicks fans claiming he will be. Rosebud gets excited about him, but not any more than some people have about other players.

One thing I'll say about Gallo is: He is a superb FT shooter. Anytime you can hit FT's at 90%+ you can score in this league. He'd be a great third/fourth option
Old 12-13-2010, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Says the guy who is clearly bias in every fashion when it comes to Gallo. There is nothing wrong with disliking a player, but to say his sucks is down right false. Is he a great? Obviously not, but I don't think anyone is claiming that.

I'm kind of confused. When has this huge love fest for Gallinari happened? I'm pretty sure anytime someone brings him up the vast majority of people say he's not particularly good. Usually someone brings him up and Chucky has to be a tool and say the same thing every time, "Gallo top 5 player? Oh and Bill Walker and Toney Douglas for Melozzz?"

I tend to think I'm pretty neutral when it comes to Gallo. I loved his effort for a ****** Knicks team last year, but in terms of what his upside is I don't think he'll ever be a star. Nor do I see many Knicks fans claiming he will be. Rosebud gets excited about him, but not any more than some people have about other players.

One thing I'll say about Gallo is: He is a superb FT shooter. Anytime you can hit FT's at 90%+ you can score in this league. He'd be a great third/fourth option
There isn't a huge lovefest for Gallo, only a couple Knicks fans who post about him way too much. BBD(of course) and you do not belong tothis contingent.

I am pretty sure in the past I have said that Gallo can be a very good 4th option on a contending team. I just find it very frustrating when he is compared to the likes of Hedo(at his best), when the only similarity is that they are tall white international SFs who can shoot the ball. Hedo could do soooooooooo much more than Gallo can do now and there is no indication that Gallo will be able to come close to developing the playmaking and pick and roll part of Hedos game(which are his strengths).
Old 12-13-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There isn't a huge lovefest for Gallo, only a couple Knicks fans who post about him way too much. BBD(of course) and you do not belong tothis contingent.

I am pretty sure in the past I have said that Gallo can be a very good 4th option on a contending team. I just find it very frustrating when he is compared to the likes of Hedo(at his best), when the only similarity is that they are tall white international SFs who can shoot the ball. Hedo could do soooooooooo much more than Gallo can do now and there is no indication that Gallo will be able to come close to developing the playmaking and pick and roll part of Hedos game(which are his strengths).
Hedo was only asked to be a point forward because they didn't have a good passing PG. And he wasn't even that great at it. Too many turnovers for the number of assists he was dishing out. I'm sure if asked to ball handle Gallinari could dish out a whopping 5 assists a game and have 3 TO's a game. He's actually a good ball handler for being 6'10. He's not asked to be a ball handler because we have a great ball handler/passer in Felton. Why would we ask him to ball handle when we have a guard who can do it?

I don't see how Hedo/Gallo comparison is that bad. They're pretty damn similar as scorers, except Gallo is more slightly more efficient at this point in his career (actually it's pretty negligible so far) and is a much better FT shooter. Only real difference is passing numbers and I'm sure if we asked Gallo to he would put up similar numbers.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Hedo was only asked to be a point forward because they didn't have a good passing PG. And he wasn't even that great at it. Too many turnovers for the number of assists he was dishing out. I'm sure if asked to ball handle Gallinari could dish out a whopping 5 assists a game and have 3 TO's a game. He's actually a good ball handler for being 6'10. He's not asked to be a ball handler because we have a great ball handler/passer in Felton. Why would we ask him to ball handle when we have a guard who can do it?

I don't see how Hedo/Gallo comparison is that bad. They're pretty damn similar as scorers, except Gallo is more slightly more efficient at this point in his career (actually it's pretty negligible so far) and is a much better FT shooter. Only real difference is passing numbers and I'm sure if we asked Gallo to he would put up similar numbers.
I'm not saying that Gallo should be playing point forward like Hedo did, but the fact of the matter is that he doesn't play point forward and that was a massive part of Hedo's game. I highly doubt Gallo could come close to running the pick and roll as effectively as Hedo did(in his prime)
Old 12-13-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm not saying that Gallo should be playing point forward like Hedo did, but the fact of the matter is that he doesn't play point forward and that was a massive part of Hedo's game. I highly doubt Gallo could come close to running the pick and roll as effectively as Hedo did(in his prime)
It was a massive part of Hedo's game for one, maybe two years. Otherwise they're not that dissimilar.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It was a massive part of Hedo's game for one, maybe two years. Otherwise they're not that dissimilar.
Rosebud made the comparison to Hedo during his best years on the Magic. That is what I have been using when discussing the comparison.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Ughhhhh Derrick's taking a beating tonight...
Old 12-13-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

12 point victory, u know what I am gonna say! BOW DOWN TO GREATNESS RIGHT NOW!
Old 12-13-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heat beat the Hornets by 12. Lebron with the shot of the year. No big deal.

http://www.nba.com/games/20101213/NO...2hp0021000355#

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

If you look at those 3 years where he spent in Orlando Hedo did nothing I don't think Gallo could do if asked to. Gallo makes good decisions whenever he has the ball and he doesn't force things. Hedo had one year where I'd agree he was clearly more productive than Gallo has been so far, but in the other years I think Gallo has been just. He hasn't had as big of a role as Hedo did in those years, but Gallo's best play in italy was doing what Hedo did for the Magic but he did it without forcing things and making dumb mistakes, and playing much better D. By the end of the year I think we'll see Gallo playing more of that role, which is why I keep mentioning a few years. This team is still really new and developing their chemistry, so it's going to take a little while for guys to settle into their roles, a process we're still going through. Then it'll take a while for Gallo to develop enough of a resume for him to change minds, that's why I mention that it'll take 2 years for people to see Gallo as the player I do.

As for the "a couple Knicks fans" comments, I'm the only one who talks Gallo up a lot, but I'm also a much bigger fan of his than most Knicks fans. Gallo ran the PnR excellently in Italy and frankly his craftiness has translated when he's drived, so with his decision making and craftiness I'm sure that if we had him run the PnR he could definitely do so efficiently in the NBA with better finishers.

That's something you seem to ignore, that Gallo's used to playing like an efficient and less TO prone Hedo, that's what he's done his whole life, that's how he lead Italy's answer to the Isiah Knicks to a league title, that's why he's so streaky as a shooter since he's never had to just stand around waiting to shoot a 3.

I just can't help but think that since gallo has had success in the NBA using his skillset to play in a way that's not natural or the way he's learned to play for most of his life, that he couldn't also successful go back to playing the way he had his whole life, which is as a point forward who's primarily used his slashing and PnRs to succeed.

As for clutchness, that's not something you can count against Gallo, dude's always stepped up when we've given him a chance late in games, he steps up his game against tougher opposition and has always been cold blooded. I understand you don't watch the Knicks, nor did you watch any of him in Milan, as you're not a Knicks fan, but give it time and he'll change your mind soon enough.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 12-13-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Paul doesn't look healthy to me. He's played well this season, but not up to his normal standards. I wonder if his knee is still giving him problems. But then again how amazing is it that he can go 16/10/4/3 with great percentages and great A/TO and he doesn't look like he's 100%.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote