Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't plan on hating Gallo but this thread is making me hate him.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely not worth this much conversation. The only players who deserve this much analysis are Kobe Bryant and LeBron James.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Definitely not worth this much conversation. The only players who deserve this much analysis are Kobe Bryant and LeBron James.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've got a good start to the all SWDC All NBA Overrated squad.

1st Team

PG - Derek Rose? - I love the guy but you guys make him out to be a combination of Jesus Christ, the Fonz, and James Naismith. Maybe John Wall?
SG - "King" Monta Ellis - who else?
SF - Gallo
PF - Blake Griffin?- Again, I love the dude...but we're already crowned him more athletic than LeBron and Dwight
C - Joakim Noah? - he gets a ton of love, he's a stud I just can't come up with anybody else

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Love probably deserves the PF spot. Sure hes a ridiculous rebounder and a great passer....but his defence is brutal and he is quite slow and unathletic. Brook Lopez might deserve the C spot, but Joakim is a solid choice.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how would bropez get the C spot? come on.
A) I'm a tremendous homer
B) LET ME HAVE A ******* BRIGHT SPOT ON THIS TEAM
C) he's sexy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
how would bropez get the C spot? come on.
A) I'm a tremendous homer
B) LET ME HAVE A ******* BRIGHT SPOT ON THIS TEAM
C) he's sexy
Terrible rebounder, lousy defender, horrible percentages.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-13-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post

1st Team

PG - Derek Rose? - I love the guy but you guys make him out to be a combination of Jesus Christ, the Fonz, and James Naismith. Maybe John Wall?
SF - Gallo
PF - Blake Griffin?- Again, I love the dude...but we're already crowned him more athletic than LeBron and Dwight
C - Joakim Noah? - he gets a ton of love, he's a stud I just can't come up with anybody else
Derrick Rose is the Combination of Jesus Christ, the Fonz, and Dr. James Naismith. But none of those guys are good ball players so he is better than sum of these parts.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Awww snap, it just got real in here.

Also, Kevin Love does not appreciate to disparaging him, Chucky. He is going to rebound you out of existence.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
YOU LOVED HIM IN THE BEGINNING OF THIS YEAR LIKE I DID!
and yea, his rebounding and defense are poop and percentage wise he's having a down year, BUT I STILL LOVE HIM AND NO BODY CAN TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME.
srsly, nobody outside of me really pimps him. He's a top 10 (i'd argue 5) center in the league, and yes, I realize that true centers are a dying breed.
HAPPY?
assholes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Love will crush you Chucky. He will crush you with his bare hands.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

That's all I have to say about it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-13-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I very much enjoyed that.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1st Team

SF - Gallo
Well if it was just from Yodapoop's posts.....

PG- Carlos Arroyo
SG- D-Wade
SF- LeBron James
PF- Chris Bosh
C- Big Z
Old 12-13-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Kevin Love is a very good player who does is great at passing and rebounding, and am willing to admit I was wrong about him....I just still don't see him as anything close to franchise player. A very good complimentary player though.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Kevin Love probably deserves the PF spot. Sure hes a ridiculous rebounder and a great passer....but his defence is brutal and he is quite slow and unathletic. Brook Lopez might deserve the C spot, but Joakim is a solid choice.
Yes, the guy with as many 20-20 games as the rest of the league combined is overrated. He is not a good defender, but he is a better defender than Al Jefferson was. A guy who gets 15 rebounds in a game and lowers his average isn't overrated.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
What he said
Old 12-13-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Yes, the guy with as many 20-20 games as the rest of the league combined is overrated. He is not a good defender, but he is a better defender than Al Jefferson was. A guy who gets 15 rebounds in a game and lowers his average isn't overrated.
He's going to be a guy who never gets the love he should because he doesn't fit the mold of a typical NBA player. That's ok. Neither did Charles Barkley, but he turned out okay.

Defensive issues aside, you just can't argue with that kind of production.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
He's going to be a guy who never gets the love he should because he doesn't fit the mold of a typical NBA player. That's ok. Neither did Charles Barkley, but he turned out okay.

Defensive issues aside, you just can't argue with that kind of production.
Chucky can.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...you just compared Kevin Love to The Round Mound of Rebound, you have lost sir

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:09 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1st Team

SF - Gallo
Agree with Monta, Griffin, and Love.

Common theme among those players? Their teams suck even when they put up numbers.

Griffin doesn't really have an offensive game yet, misses way too many free throws, and makes little impact on defense. He's fun, and unbelievably athletic, but he's not really good yet.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:11 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Yeah Blake is just averaging 20 points a game on 50% shooting as a rookie but yeah he doesn't really have an offensive game... and I don't think anyone is calling Love a franchise player that can lead you to a championship so I don't know why us sucking makes him overrated.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:19 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His offensive game is based on getting a wide open dunk.

He gets the ball almost every possession because they literally only have one other player who can score on their team.

He should be shooting well over 50% considering how much he scores on putbacks and easy dunks.

His post-up game is not good yet and when he faces up he's pretty ineffective because his jumper isn't falling with any consistency and when he gets hacked he shoots poorly from the line.

Averaging 20 points as the 1A option on an awful team when you are said to be the savior does not mean you have a good offensive game yet.

I think he'll get there, but until he becomes more efficient offensively, the Clippers will continue to suck.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:21 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

His post game looks better than I thought it would, I mean it's not like it's pre-2010 Dwight bad.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:21 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight Howard averaged like 20 a game on well over 50% for like his first four years and didn't have anything resembling an offensive game except for catch and dunk.

Nothing to do with Griffin, just saying points =/= offensive game.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote