Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2010, 12:22 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're scoring you have an offensive game. How you get those points is something that is over scrutinized. All it means is that he still has room for improvement, which is somewhat terrifying.

Last edited by yo123 : 12-14-2010 at 12:28 AM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:23 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Yeah Blake is just averaging 20 points a game on 50% shooting as a rookie but yeah he doesn't really have an offensive game... and I don't think anyone is calling Love a franchise player that can lead you to a championship so I don't know why us sucking makes him overrated.
I mean I haven't read every post but if you look at his #s they would lead you to believe he's quite a stud.

Then when you look at his FG%, consider his defense, the team's defense, and the team's record, it's understandable that many people will overrate him.

I've watched him a couple of times this year, came away unimpressed with what he actually did, then checked my fantasy stats and saw that he had amazing #s. People assume he's awesome because of PTS/REB but he's less than awesome. That's all.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:26 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I mean I haven't read every post but if you look at his #s they would lead you to believe he's quite a stud.

Then when you look at his FG%, consider his defense, the team's defense, and the team's record, it's understandable that many people will overrate him.

I've watched him a couple of times this year, came away unimpressed with what he actually did, then checked my fantasy stats and saw that he had amazing #s. People assume he's awesome because of PTS/REB but he's less than awesome. That's all.

Love is never going to be the kind of guy that wows you, because he's such an average athlete and is a fat white guy, but his actual productivity is actually underrated. What he's doing right now scoring and rebounding wise hasn't really even been done by anyone since Charles Barkley. And no I'm not saying he's anywhere near as good as Charles Barkley.

Last edited by yo123 : 12-14-2010 at 12:28 AM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:28 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^Sure.

Overrated is a stupid term anyway because the fact is there are no concrete "ratings".

But I usually associate it with who has better stats than their actual performance means in terms of winning.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:28 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
**** end of page trap.
I agree with this whole heartedly unless you get a kid with sick physical tools and a sick work ethic. I guess that's why I <3 Derrick so much. Dude is so ridiculously talented yet he works on his game like a mad man.

I see the same trait with Westbrook and Griffin.

Oh and on the subject of Blake. I think the W/L record reflects more of VDN's incompetence as a coach than Griffin's 'overrated' numbers. I think gpngc has a point though. Blake is an exciting young player, but there's more to this game than ******** on people at the rim and being a beast on the boards. We get waayyy too caught up in individual stats at times and overvalue box scores.

That said, Kaman has been hurt for half the season, Baron Davis blows and Bledsoe is still a young player. So it's not like he has a lot to work with outside of Gordon.

They really need to get rid of VDN though. I truly believe as good as Rose was his first two years VDN stunted his growth (especially defensively). The same will happen with Griffin. He won't be a good defender until he gets someone to teach him and that's not VDN. Griffin won't learn the little naunces of the game playing under one of the most clueless X's and O's coaches in the league.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:29 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant are the prime examples of ridiculous athleticism meeting ridiculous work ethic. No one else really comes close IMO
Old 12-14-2010, 03:30 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hearing rumors of Monta Ellis to Orlando.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Hearing rumors of Monta Ellis to Orlando.
Shhh. Not so loudly. EvilNixon will hear you!

That would be kind of funny though.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm assuming Dwight, Bass, and Nelson would all be involved in the deal at least?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I'm assuming Dwight, Bass, and Nelson would all be involved in the deal at least?
It's around Vince's expiring contract. Orlando is hesitant to take on Biendrins apparently.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's around Vince's expiring contract. Orlando is hesitant to take on Biendrins apparently.
Hmm Vince for the best player in the world? Even if it's expiring, not fair. Dwight has to be going to GS at least.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-14-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hmm Vince for the best player in the world? Even if it's expiring, not fair. Dwight has to be going to GS at least.
I heard the rumour involves the Magic giving their new arena to the Warriors(along with D-Ho and others of course)
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2524agk

I'm thinking something more like this for the Magic

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

psh, Howard is in the top ten for turnovers and the only non-guard other than LeBron and Amare, clearly he's way too terrible to net someone like King Monta...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2524agk

I'm thinking something more like this for the Magic
That's a bad trade for the Nuggets. They really don't need Vince's expiring if they just keep Melo and let him expire and they'd take in Iguodala's horrible contract. The Magic would then have a **** load of money tied up at the PF position between Brand and Lewis. The Sixers get the best deal out of that cause they get Gortat and rid themselves of two of the crappiest contracts in the NBA.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
That's a bad trade for the Nuggets. They really don't need Vince's expiring if they just keep Melo and let him expire and they'd take in Iguodala's horrible contract. The Magic would then have a **** load of money tied up at the PF position between Brand and Lewis. The Sixers get the best deal out of that cause they get Gortat and rid themselves of two of the crappiest contracts in the NBA.
Yeah, but if the Nuggets just let Melo expire, they get NOTHING for him. I can see how a straight up trade involving Melo for VC wouldn't make a lot of sense, but if the Nuggets got other things, then something could work.

Keep in mind that I can't see the trade link posted due to the Trade machine being blocked for me at work.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, but if the Nuggets just let Melo expire, they get NOTHING for him. I can see how a straight up trade involving Melo for VC wouldn't make a lot of sense, but if the Nuggets got other things, then something could work.

Keep in mind that I can't see the trade link posted due to the Trade machine being blocked for me at work.
I understand that completely, i just don't think a Carmelo for Iguodala trade is very smart for the Nuggets. Iguodala isn't worth anywhere near the money he's earning.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are no pieces on the Magic who would make it worth it for the Nuggets to throw away this season by trading Melo
Old 12-14-2010, 01:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
There are no pieces on the Magic who would make it worth it for the Nuggets to throw away this season by trading Melo
I was under the impression that this coversation was surrounded around a mutliple team trade. I agree a trade between DEN and ORL alone doesn't make sense.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One trade that seems to make sense although not sure Melo would sign an extension is Josh Smith+Jamal Crawford's expiring for Melo. If you are the Nuggets that's about the best deal you could hope for, for Melo though not sure he would want to stay in Atlanta. Horford and Joe Johnson are lower tier allstars but still no great big man and no great point guard. Still though a lineup with Bibby, Joe Johnson, Melo, Horford, and Josh Powell is decent.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know what trade would make sense for the Pistons?

ALL OF THEM.

Especially ones that involve Rip.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

So I'm bored at work and decided to look at some random stats...

The Knicks are tied for the worst SOS (opponents win %) in the league at .411. Further, their last 10 opponents vs. who they are 9-1 have a combined win % of .418, good for last in the league among last 10 opponents faced. They also only have a +1.96 point margin vs. said teams.

The Knicks are obviously very improved, but I didn't realize what their schedule looked like until now. 8 game win streak is 8 games, but they've been playing the worst stretch of teams out of anyone in the league.

Just random boredness. Carry on...

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-14-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

The Knicks are like the Bucs of the NBA at this point.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So I'm bored at work and decided to look at some random stats...

The Knicks are tied for the worst SOS (opponents win %) in the league at .411. Further, their last 10 opponents vs. who they are 9-1 have a combined win % of .418, good for last in the league among last 10 opponents faced. They also only have a +1.96 point margin vs. said teams.

The Knicks are obviously very improved, but I didn't realize what their schedule looked like until now. 8 game win streak is 8 games, but they've been playing the worst stretch of teams out of anyone in the league.

Just random boredness. Carry on...
Yeah, we really haven't played anyone worthwhile yet. Going on the west coast road trip and winning several games was pretty impressive. Beating the Nuggets on Sunday was a good win too.

Basically our next 20 games will prove how good or bad the Knicks are. Hopefully they continue to improve and can win a couple tough games along the way.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Yeah, we really haven't played anyone worthwhile yet. Going on the west coast road trip and winning several games was pretty impressive. Beating the Nuggets on Sunday was a good win too.

Basically our next 20 games will prove how good or bad the Knicks are. Hopefully they continue to improve and can win a couple tough games along the way.
Yea, I didn't mean to knock them at all, they are actually a ton better than normal and look like an actual basketball team, it was just interesting/something I hadn't realized when I was looking at standings.

And basically it's like the Knicks and Bulls are flipping schedules right now haha.

In other news, Rose has a sprained wrist with negative xrays and the trainer saying "all bones are where they should be," so I guess that's good news. Thibs said if he can play tomorrow he will, but it will be up to him, which means he'll be playing. I'd almost rather sit the kid just for a game to make sure, but as we see last night Derrick does not like sitting out.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver