Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2010, 06:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I'm so excited about the new look Magic!

I don't know what Stan will do with the line up, but I'm hoping for this..

PG Gilbert Arenas
SG Jason Richardson
SF Hedo Turkoglu
PF Brandon Bass
C Dwight Howard

6th Jameer Nelson

I've been praying for Nelson to be our 6th man, so hopefully it happens. I think he could win 6th man of the year. Arenas at PG with J-Rich at SG was a big success in Golden State. Love that duo. Richardson is a huge upgrade over Vince. Hedo is the best pick'n roll player on the team, so him starting will be a huge welcome back. We lost all form of any PNR when he left. I'm excited to see it back. Bass is the perfect clean up guy, and Dwight should be very happy as soon as things come together.

Happy to have a GM that makes moves like these. From now on, I won't ever criticize the guy.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

PG Gilbert Arenas
SG Jason Richardson
SF Hedo Turkoglu
PF Brandon Bass
C Dwight Howard

6th Jameer Nelson

I've been praying for Nelson to be our 6th man, so hopefully it happens. I think he could win 6th man of the year. Arenas at PG with J-Rich at SG was a big success in Golden State. Love that duo. Richardson is a huge upgrade over Vince. Hedo is the best pick'n roll player on the team, so him starting will be a huge welcome back. We lost all form of any PNR when he left. I'm excited to see it back. Bass is the perfect clean up guy, and Dwight should be very happy as soon as things come together.

Happy to have a GM that makes moves like these. From now on, I won't ever criticize the guy.
Outside of both getting much better when Arenas moved to Washington, sure why not...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, Hedo gave up his player option when he got Toronto to trade him to Phoenix. So that last season is one he won't be getting... if you are looking at Hoopshype salaries.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

PG Gilbert Arenas
SG Jason Richardson
SF Hedo Turkoglu
PF Brandon Bass
C Dwight Howard

6th Jameer Nelson

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of GM's who could make these moves, it's just most don't like throwing **** against the wall to see if it works. Most GM's have a plan where Otis just seems to like taking on bad contracts for mediocre/bad players (Hedo/Arenas).

The only thing I like about it is JRich because he fits the Orlando system pretty well. I don't know if he'll be a difference maker for them though.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Javale McGee might actually be ********.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-18-2010, 07:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I'm pretty sure there are a lot of GM's who could make these moves, it's just most don't like throwing **** against the wall to see if it works. Most GM's have a plan where Otis just seems to like taking on bad contracts for mediocre/bad players (Hedo/Arenas).

The only thing I like about it is JRich because he fits the Orlando system pretty well. I don't know if he'll be a difference maker for them though.
Yeah, but how many GMs have the guts to realize that their original plan wasn't going to work and then goes out and tries to do something about it.

Otis knows Arenas better than any other GM out there. That move wasn't a move of throwing crap against the wall. Jrich will fit this team perfectly because he is good at playing off the ball. ...and Otis already knows what Hedo can offer this team. Just because you draw the assumption that this is nonsense, don't assume that there was no sense behind it all, and Otis didn't have any idea of what he's getting.

...and Orlando had the 2nd highest payroll this year and they actually trimmed some of that off with these moves.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Coach Stan Van Gundy said that Jameer Nelson will not come off the bench after Saturday's blockbuster trade sending Gilbert Arenas, Hedo Turkoglu, and Jason Richardson to the Magic.

This isn't exactly surprising, but for Nelson's owners it's good to get confirmation. Aside from ineffective backups Chris Duhon and Jason Williams, he will be the only true PG on the roster. Arenas can play PG, but we'd expect him to take minutes from Duhon and Williams, and not Nelson.
So we're probably looking at...

PG Nelson
SG Arenas
SF Turkoglu/Richardson
PF Bass
C Howard

Richardson may be the odd man out. He's not the greatest fit at SF. Maybe they even try Hedo at PF, and J-Rich at SF. lol. haha. Or they just go really small with J Rich at SF, Hedo off the bench. This is gonna be fun. I am excited to see it shake out, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 12-18-2010 at 08:29 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:29 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heat ******* suck. >_<

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Blatche is such a dumbass.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-18-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The amount of time I can watch a Wolves game for decreases after every night. They just cannot play defense, especially when it comes to the three. Beasley and Love are the only things holding my attention.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im not even that big of a wizards fan but im watching because there is nothing else to watch at break. but im bout to puke.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Young. Good pick up for fantasy basketball now?
Old 12-18-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Jesus Christ, that was the dumbest series of plays I've ever seen.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-18-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kirk Hinrich is horrendous. So many dumb plays to make us lose.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So watching Blake Griffin, kid is just ridiculously athletic, but 75% of his offense is standing by the basket and then dunking either on an alley oop or dump off. He's had a couple possessions where he's posted up and scored, but usually he just waits next to the basket for an easy dunk. He also hasn't been a very aggressive rebounder in this game.

Also, the Bulls are playing like garbage and the Clippers are shooting at a ridiculous percentage. Not how you win games, guys.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:40 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heat win!!!!! That was awful.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Isn't Kirk Hinrich supposed to counterbalance the otherworldly retardedness of Blatche, Young, and McGee?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-18-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hinrich got hacked on the elbow. glad the refs are on the heats' nuts already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Young is shooting 46% from the field, 36% from 3 pt, 81% from the free throw line, pretty good #'s for a guy who shoots a ton.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uh oh, Derrick Rose time.

7 straight points on 3 possessions and at the line for a 4 point play.

Make that 8 straight.

Block Baron Davis, take it the length of the court to lay it in over Griffin. 10 straight.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-18-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Does anyone know anything about perimeter defense? Can they please call Kurt Rambis?
Old 12-18-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Well, crap game by the Bulls. Plus ridiculous foul trouble, especially by our big men, didn't help. Noah out + lots of cheap fouls = a front court of Brian Scalabrine and Kurt Thomas at one point. Oh well.

Also, I never knew Griffin was such a flopper. I've counted 4 or 5 times where he's just dove to the floor or pretended like he was hit in the game. Just no need for it.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-18-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear Heat,

You'rE **** does stink. U will struggle to win back to back on the road like everyone else. Who cares what the haters say? We have tons of them. We still ******* won!

Thank u,
A little concerned fan
Old 12-18-2010, 09:41 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Monta 3 pts 1-7 shooting...eww. Getting any shot he wants and missing. Blazers playing without Roy,Camby, and Batum...and still leading by 3. =(

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Derrick Rose at the line down 2 with no time left...

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu missed the 2nd.

I has a sad...

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 12-18-2010 at 09:45 PM.