Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Also, here's another question... THEORETICALLY, if Kobe wins 8+ rings... will he be considered even a better player than MJ?

I'm not being a homer, the numbers don't lie and MJ is clearly statistically better but as perception what do you think?

Guards these days don't usually have the ability to carry a team to that many championships...
:/

Why must we talk about stupid hypotheticals that actually have no chance of happening.

8+ ******* rings?HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post

Why must we talk about stupid hypotheticals that actually have no chance of happening.

that cant happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kobe will never, ever, ever be better than Jordan.

Ever.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Sounds like a fine idea to me. Dirk isn't going to play at this level forever and J-Kidd is like 430 years old. Why not go all in? They aren't going to beat the Lakers as is.

Why do you say that? The Mavs have never had this much length and depth down low and have played exceptionally well defensively. They have been streak-busters: beating teams with five game winning streaks and they have won tough road games. They may not be the favorites, but what could play to their favor is that the Lakers need to avoid the complacency that can take over teams trying to go to the Finals for the 4th straight season if they want to beat the Spurs/Mavericks etc.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

9 rings is kinda ridiculous, but it's not crazy to think that Kobe can surpass Jordan's six championships. At that point you kinda have to put him in the discussion. I still don't think there will ever be anyone as good as Jordan was for as long as he was, but if anyone is ever gonna challenge him for GOAT, it's gonna be Kobe Bryant. No one else will.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
9 rings is kinda ridiculous, but it's not crazy to think that Kobe can surpass Jordan's six championships. At that point you kinda have to put him in the discussion. I still don't think there will ever be anyone as good as Jordan was for as long as he was, but if anyone is ever gonna challenge him for GOAT, it's gonna be Kobe Bryant. No one else will.
By ASB this year, Kobe will have played as many games as Michael Jordan.

If Kobe win like 9, it will be in like almost 300 more games than Jordan ever played. Not to mention Kobe in the same amount of games (ish) will still be behind Jordan in pretty much every statistical category.

Sure, he will be in the discussion, but it will never be a serious discussion.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
By ASB this year, Kobe will have played as many games as Michael Jordan.

If Kobe win like 9, it will be in like almost 300 more games than Jordan ever played. Not to mention Kobe in the same amount of games (ish) will still be behind Jordan in pretty much every statistical category.

Sure, he will be in the discussion, but it will never be a serious discussion.
Kinda what i just said. I don't believe anyone ever has a shot at surpassing him, really the only one who you can make an argument for, albeit a weak one, is Kobe.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kinda what i just said. I don't believe anyone ever has a shot at surpassing him, really the only one who you can make an argument for, albeit a weak one, is Kobe.
Yea, sorry didn't mean to sound like I was arguing (since I quoted you). Just kind of compounding on to it.

But seriously, I didn't realize Kobe was that close to playing as many games as MJ and is that far behind in most every category. I really thought he was closer in stats/further in games played.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-22-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no ******* chance Kobe can win 3(or even more) rings. Not to mention that MJ was the undisputed leader(and number one option) of that team for all 6 rings. Shaq was the most important piece on those first 3 championships.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Strawman argument?

No one said Kobe is winning three or more rings. All he has to do is win this year (as the heavy favorites) and next season with their identical team, and he'll have passed Jordan.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Strawman argument?

No one said Kobe is winning three or more rings. All he has to do is win this year (as the heavy favorites) and next season with their identical team, and he'll have passed Jordan.
Well, someone brought up "if Kobe wins 8+", which is what Chucky is laughing at. Kobe will almost assuredly win his 6th in the next 2-3 years, if not this year.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-22-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I think his best shot is this year. One more year of age and possible injuries, plus the Heat getting better as a team +another MLE player will make it incredibly difficult next season.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Larry Brown leaving doesn't surprise me. He's a good coach at first, but he just is never happy. Constantly trying to change up the roster, and always looking for his next job.
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping, he can at least get to at least 7 before he retires.

I just hope they don't get complacent. Add into the fact that this is supposedly Phil's last season coaching, it'll be tough.

He needs to adjust his game though so in the future he's not the primary ball handler.

Hopefully the East gets tougher (ie. Melo to NY) so that they can take it all out of each other in the playoffs before they championships.

Last edited by soybean : 12-22-2010 at 10:53 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
I'm hoping, he can at least get to at least 7 before he retires.

I just hope they don't get complacent. Add into the fact that this is supposedly Phil's last season coaching, it'll be tough.

He needs to adjust his game though so in the future he's not the primary ball handler.

Hopefully the East gets tougher (ie. Melo to NY) so that they can take it all out of each other in the playoffs before they championships.
Im hoping Bargnani gets 5 rings(on the Raps) as well before he retires.....not gonna happen though.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clippers/Twolves/or Grizzlies please.
Wanted the pistons oh well
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

should i just drop brandon roy from my fantasy team?
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
should i just drop brandon roy from my fantasy team?
I would at least try to trade him in a generous deal.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:36 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[img][/img]

ESPN glitch or do the Clippers really just suck that badly? I'm not willing to rule out the latter...
Old 12-22-2010, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UTAH..20 25 26 41
MIN....29 27 27 24

I just don't know what to say anymore.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah the Wolves have to be on some sort of record streak for blowing late game leads.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Yeah the Wolves have to be on some sort of record streak for blowing late game leads.
I want to say to myself "stick with them, they will be good eventually and you can say you were right there", but they make it so hard for anyone to give a ****. They are just as a ****** as they were last year. The only difference is last season they would **** their little baby pants three quarters earlier. I really hope they can get a nice draft pick.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:14 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Im hoping Bargnani gets 5 rings(on the Raps) as well before he retires.....not gonna happen though.
Except, you know, Kobe already has five championships and two more isn't out of the question considering they might take it this year. But great job there.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:56 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Except, you know, Kobe already has five championships and two more isn't out of the question considering they might take it this year. But great job there.
The reality is that neither of them are going to happen. That is the point of the statement.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:00 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Monta Ellis is a young Michael Jordan.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote