Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-24-2010, 01:42 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can I say that I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new Magic?

The team that played tonight was just scary good. I wish I could've seen the whole game. Only got to watch the first half.

Arenas was so on point... mmm mmm mmmm. Oh and his attitude is angelic.

“I’m coming off the bench,” Arenas said. “Jameer’s starting and Jason… that’s the group. I’m coming off the bench and I do what I do. I don’t want to start. This team is too talented.”
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:40 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Lebron really that stupid or is he just reallly really bad with words.

You don't say the NBA needs to rid itself of some teams then actually NAME the teams...

You essentially alienate entire fanbases by saying stuff like that.

this gives people a reason to hate you...

Someone as polarizing as Lebron James should not be saying stuff like this.

This deserves a BIG face palm
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:05 AM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

You don't say the NBA needs to rid itself of some teams then actually NAME the teams...

THIS is the downside to the 'candid' interviewing we say we'd like from the players and coaches. Y'know, as opposed to the canned stale soundbites.

ADDENDUM: Saw the article for myself, and read a few of the user comments before I turned away in disgust- bunch of crap-flinging monkeys on the internet, I swear...

The fact of the matter is, I tend to support the concept of contraction mainly because I like the idea of super-powered teams across the board having epic battles and where even the bottom-feeders have a true puncher's chance of making a miracle run. I have no true ties with any NBA franchise, which means I'm not wholly invested in a team that may or may not get destroyed under such a plan, which in essence keeps me from feeling murdered.

In fact, I would argue this; the present state of athleticism and development is not built for a 30-team league. Maybe if the blasted sport would go back to the 4-Year Senior system and force some real development into these kids than MAYBE a 30-team league could withstand a shallower pool of talent to choose from, but in their present incarnation? I can't see it. 24 maximum clubs in my own opinion. If you have to end up creating an extension of the NBDL to do this? Fine by me.

Last edited by Zycho32 : 12-24-2010 at 08:31 AM. Reason: MUCH more additional commentary.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:06 AM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

The team that played tonight was just scary good. I wish I could've seen the whole game. Only got to watch the first half.

“I’m coming off the bench,” Arenas said. “Jameer’s starting and Jason… that’s the group. I’m coming off the bench and I do what I do. I don’t want to start. This team is too talented.”
J-Rich and Arenas >>>>> Vince.

'Nuff said. Doesn't hurt you switched Lewis with Hedo either.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

As dumb as he is for saying it, he is right. Nets would be a prime target for being contracted. Granted, with their new owner and potentially new stadium I think that won't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

It was a very nice win against a great Spurs team but I can't foresee you guys shooting 50% plus from three every game. Or 60% from the field.

Bass starting is really nice though. He's quite good.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:37 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass. ******* ass clown
I actually blew Orange juice out my nose reading this.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On one hand I wish the league would contract, two teams would do, but more selfishly I want Kansas City to have a basketball team.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think 4 teams would be pretty good to contract. The NBA is a league where one ridiculously talented player can transform a perennial bottom feeder into a playoff team, and two of those guys make you a championship contender. (Or one and some solid role players to compliment that guy.)

Look around at some of the teams who lack any real history in the NBA, who are bad teams now that no one would really miss, and represent small markets that could be done without.

For example....Milwaukee. Would 99% of basketball fans really miss the Bucks? A good number of casual fans have probably never even heard of them. Not an overwhelming market....

How about the Clippers? Clear 2nd fiddle to the Lakers in the same town....historically bad team.....get rid of them.

Get rid of one of Sacramento or Golden State. Too many California teams....neither is particularly good or would be missed all that terribly. Or how about Memphis? New Jersey (sorry Scotty) could probably be done without considering the Philly and NYC markets are right there and have teams of their own.

There are probably others too that might even make more sense, these are just ones that popped into my head right away.

There just aren't enough elite players to fill out all the teams that are out there and keep things competitive. Figure out about 4 franchises that can be done without, have a reverse expansion draft with their players, and move on a more competitive league from top to bottom.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

do people understand that the Nets made 2 straight NBA finals and were perrenial playoff teams just 3 years ago? God forbid a team go through a rebuilding streak, right?
and hey Lebron, I'm pretty sure we started to rebuild and get cap to sign your ***** ass so **** off
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BB, Milwaulkee won a playoff matchup last year against atlanta. They are a solid team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
BB, Milwaulkee won a playoff matchup last year against atlanta. They are a solid team.
But the 35th biggest market surrounded by the 3rd, 11th and 15th ranked markets all with teams.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You do know that San Francisco Bay Area is one of the largest media markets in the country, right?

Quote:
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
You do know that San Francisco Bay Area is one of the largest media markets in the country, right?
6th to be exact. I don't think you need both them and Sacramento (20th) in such a small geographic area. I'd be for moving Sacramento elsewhere if they must be kept though....don't they have the owners that would love to be in Las Vegas? Smaller market but they'd be the only....sports show....in town.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

It's big enough for two teams,especially since Sac isn't close enough to split fan bases dramatically.

Sac is fine unless they can't get a new arena.

Quote:
Old 12-24-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
It's big enough for two teams,especially since Sac isn't close enough to split fan bases dramatically.

Sac is fine unless they can't get a new arena.
If you were asked to name 4 teams you think the NBA should remove via contraction, who would you eliminate?
Old 12-24-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think we need to all realize contraction isn't actually going to happen hahaha so it doesn't REALLY matter
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
If you were asked to name 4 teams you think the NBA should remove via contraction, who would you eliminate?
I don't like contraction, but Memphis would be at the top. The support they got after last year has completely died out. No passion about the Grizz. The upside is I get great seats at every game.

New Orleans has a middling fan base and the NBA as their owner

Charlotte. Although with MJ as the owner, Stern is really reluctant.

Can't think of a 4th, but there are a lot of untapped media/basketball markets.
Seattle(they have to get an arena in place)
Kansas City(good sports town)
Louisville( huge grassroots basketball base in Kentucky. Potential OKC like atmosphere)

Quote:
Old 12-24-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I think Charlotte would be unlikely because of MJ and also because they were just added not that long ago to get a pro team back into the geographic area of many of the best college teams.

New Orleans would be possible.

I also think my suggestion of the Clippers should hold up too. At least move them out of town.....what good is having a B team in the same city as one of the NBA's best?
Old 12-24-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

For example....Milwaukee. Would 99% of basketball fans really miss the Bucks? A good number of casual fans have probably never even heard of them. Not an overwhelming market....

How about the Clippers? Clear 2nd fiddle to the Lakers in the same town....historically bad team.....get rid of them.
I never disagreed with the idea of contraction. I actually support it.

But I just think that Lebron should stay out of the limelight by stating who he thinks should be gone.

And, the Clippers surprisingly were 1/7 teams to actually be profitable last season.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I never disagreed with the idea of contraction. I actually support it.

But I just think that Lebron should stay out of the limelight by stating who he thinks should be gone.

And, the Clippers surprisingly were 1/7 teams to actually be profitable last season.
"Profitable" in the same sense that the Pittsburgh Pirates are always "profitable?"
Old 12-24-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Well even then, it's the teams that don't make a profit that are always susceptible to being disbanded.

This at least shows they have somewhat short term sustainability, which could potentially lead to a better team?
Old 12-24-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

As of Friday, December 24th... the Los Angeles Lakers and Miami Heat both have equal odds to win the NBA championship. Celts and third place
Old 12-24-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the idea of contraction, but I feel sorry for the fans of the teams that fold.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Picked up Kwame Brown on my fantasy team. Yea I said it, Kwame Brown!

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Picked up Kwame Brown on my fantasy team. Yea I said it, Kwame Brown!
I would've picked him up, but my team is just so stacked.. COMPLETELY STACKED.

The Budingerantulas are gonna win it all this year.