Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Javale McGee is in the dunk contest???? WTF????
Old 01-05-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The dunk contest is a fraction of what it used to be. It gets worse every year. I probably won't even watch it this year.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Javale McGee is in the dunk contest???? WTF????
I mean, he can dunk but I'm not sure his dunking necessarily translate to the dunk contest. Maybe it does, I dunno.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clearly its gonna be the Blake Griffin show.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Omer Asik should be in the Dunk Contest.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I mean, he can dunk but I'm not sure his dunking necessarily translate to the dunk contest. Maybe it does, I dunno.
Yeah, Yao Ming can also dunk, and i don't want his ass in the dunk contest. This is so dumb, how is a guy that big gonna pull off dunks that'll make the crowd go "wow!"? I mean, Dwight was able to slightly pull it off, just cause he's an absolute freak, but JaVale McGee?? Ugh.

Is Gerald Green still in the league? Bring him out.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JaVale can jump out of the gym, he's just too stupid to come up with anything creative.

Why in the hell is Brandon Jennings in the dunk contest? He can throw it down, but he's not a great dunker really. If anything he should be in the 3 point contest.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phil Jackson: Caran Butler is good and important to the Mavs.
Mark Cuban: Phil Jackson is a sexual object to a good looking, rich woman.

WTF?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Javale might be able to dunk from past the free throw line. Ridiculous length and athleticism for his size. Other than that he won't bring anything. Ibaka could be interesting, Blake is going to run away with it, and Jennings is seriously the most puzzling dunk contest choice in the history of the contest.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Phil Jackson: Caran Butler is good and important to the Mavs.
Mark Cuban: Phil Jackson is a sexual object to a good looking, rich woman.

WTF?
Nice comeback, Mark. Next time use "I'm rubber, you're glue", it's much more effective.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cuban's probably frustrated that Mavs best chance to get back to the Finals is now probably derailed without Butler. But they weren't going to beat LA or San Antonio anyway.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Yeah, Yao Ming can also dunk, and i don't want his ass in the dunk contest. This is so dumb, how is a guy that big gonna pull off dunks that'll make the crowd go "wow!"? I mean, Dwight was able to slightly pull it off, just cause he's an absolute freak, but JaVale McGee?? Ugh.

Is Gerald Green still in the league? Bring him out.
McGee is super athletic for a guy his size but I just don't think he has the body control or type of quickness that can sometimes be needed for pulling off crazy trick dunks.

Dwight did a good job with it because he was creative, but I'm not sure what else can be done.

Well, maybe quickness isn't the right would, but he's clearly different from Dwight as a dunker.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
They gotta be able to beat the Celtics for it to matter.
I thought that too, but then the Heat decided to play up to their talent. They have unlimited potential. There is NO team that can beat them, only they can beat themselves in a seven game series. That is if they let ego get in the way and/or fall in love with jump-shooting. But the Heat are a world different than the team that the Celtics beat back in October and November. They went from being the 11th most efficient offense to the 2nd best currently: Wade, James and Bosh are all shooting +50% and getting to the line at will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Seriously...enough with Gallo. I'm done with it. Chandler just proved last night how he's infinitely better than Gallo. I can't wait till we trade Gallo so I don't have to hear about him anymore.

I agree that a center and a backup PG would do wonders for this team, but the bottom line is if you want to be a championship caliber team, you need 2 stars. Right now we have 1.

Getting Melo is the best move for this team. You win in this league with stars. It's not football.

The objective should be to get Melo. Now if we can get Melo without giving up any pieces, then that's great. Then we can package expiring contracts plus Gallo for a Center and backup PG. But if we have to trade for Melo, then we need to save all our resources for him.
BBD, it isn't about "star power." Pau Gasol wasn't a star in the league. The Spurs and Pistons won championships without star power. I've been very vocal in Carmelo Anthony's limitations, but he makes even less sense on the Knicks. He only adds to the strengths AND weaknesses. He isn't a compliment to what the roster already has.

Last edited by Shiver : 01-05-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pistons won without star power, the Spurs won with the best PF of all time. It doesn't really happen in the NBA anymore. The Pistons were the exception.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Tim Duncan is great because he was an incredible defender, rebounder and unbelievably efficient scorer. Not exactly Carmelo Anthony there, yo.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:09 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Pretty sure he meant the Spurs had "star power" in Tim Duncan.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Tim Duncan has the least star power of any star ever then. He is the antithesis of flashy. Hence his nickname as "the Big Fundamental."

Old 01-05-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Well if you meant star power in that you have to be flashy then yeah of course you don't have to be flashy. I don't think that's what BBD is talking about when he says the Knicks need star power though.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Yeah, well that may not be what he was talking about, but it would be what he would be getting with Carmelo Anthony.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...k-contest.html

Blake Griffin, Serge Ibaka, JaVale McGee, and Brandon Jennings are in the dunk contest.
Sports Center just had a graphic that showed Brandon Jennings has two (2!) dunks this season. For comparison, Griffin has 81.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:19 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...k-contest.html

Blake Griffin, Serge Ibaka, JaVale McGee, and Brandon Jennings are in the dunk contest.
Griffin and Ibaka are fine, but they could have done better. Also, I thought LeBron James was going to enter the dunk contest one of these days.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I thought that too, but then the Heat decided to play up to their talent. They have unlimited potential. There is NO team that can beat them, only they can beat themselves in a seven game series. That is if they let ego get in the way and/or fall in love with jump-shooting. But the Heat are a world different than the team that the Celtics beat back in October and November. They went from being the 11th most efficient offense to the 2nd best currently: Wade, James and Bosh are all shooting +50% and getting to the line at will.

BBD, it isn't about "star power." Pau Gasol wasn't a star in the league. The Spurs and Pistons won championships without star power. I've been very vocal in Carmelo Anthony's limitations, but he makes even less sense on the Knicks. He only adds to the strengths AND weaknesses. He isn't a compliment to what the roster already has.
Watch the Knicks with Stoudemire on the bench. We need him to play the whole game to be competitive. We need another star to take pressure off him.

Plus teams will figure out in the playoffs that if you swarm Stoudemire and force our other guys to beat you, we'll fail more often than succeed. That's why we need a Melo that prevents teams from just swarming Stoudemire.

Yes, he will also hurt us on defense a little, but the needs we have, which is another able body at Center and a backup PG, you can get those players any year. You don't get a shot at a Melo every year. When you get your chance, you take him, and you worry about the role players later.

I'm hoping we package a trade of Gallo plus expiring contracts for Marc Gasol and a backup PG. Then grab Melo in FA. That's a dream scenario for me.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordofi View Post
Griffin and Ibaka are fine, but they could have done better. Also, I thought LeBron James was going to enter the dunk contest one of these days.
Nah, he said he was going to do it last year and then he pussed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why everyone is having gripe with Javale in the contest, that's all he does well. IMO he'll challenge Blake more than Ibaka. With his length Javale gets higher than Blake. Just look at this dunk:

Plus he'll have Wall passing to him so they'll do something crazy.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was gonna come in here saying how much i hate sasha and how STUPID his foul was.
and I was like, wait, what if he hits the game winner.
and he did. but i still hate him. kind of. he just angers me.

BUT WHOOOOO NETS WIN! TAKE THAT BULLS!
i love you all bulls fans here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote