Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I guess Love's on fire...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only person who would take the East's top-6 over the West? Although I will admit the drop-off from the Knicks and Hawks is immense so the East is top-heavy.

Boston
Miami
Orlando
Chicago
New York
Atlanta

Those are formidable teams, I think recent events have shown how teams 4-6 stack up very favorably against western conference teams.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:53 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Am I the only person who would take the East's top-6 over the West? Although I will admit the drop-off from the Knicks and Hawks is immense so the East is top-heavy.

Boston
Miami
Orlando
Chicago
New York
Atlanta

Those are formidable teams, I think recent events have shown how teams 4-6 stack up very favorably against western conference teams.
I haven't followed the NBA enough this year, but before that you could definitely make a similar argument. The East had 3 of the top 4, and the 4 and 5 weren't as bad as record indicated because the bottom 6 in the west blew huge chunks. Sacramento went 1-29 against the East that year, and wasn't even the worst team in the conference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is Brandon Jennings in the dunk contest anyways? He's gonna be dunking off a recently broken foot. I don't get it. If they want to have a little guy, put in Will Bynum. I don't know how creative he can get, but he can throw it down hard.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A thought for the previous discussion: I think the Knicks should think about trading for Marcus Camby and then signing Carmelo next year and go for it all. Camby is exactly what they need.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

This 'respecting the game' technical foul stuff is pure and utter ********.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally love the increase in technical fouls being called. It is ******* obnoxious when players won't shut the **** after every single call.I'm also kind of hoping that it eventually somewhat cuts down on star treatment as refs may feel more inclined to call a foul on Kobe if he isn't yelling at him after every one(although it is probably just wishful thinking)
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are they calling them evenly? Cause if they are, Lebron should have at least a hundred by now. That dude bitches after every drive into the lane.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A thought for the previous discussion: I think the Knicks should think about trading for Marcus Camby and then signing Carmelo next year and go for it all. Camby is exactly what they need.
My cousin suggested we trade Curry's contract plus a piece for Camby/Andre Miller. I'd love that, but the problem with that is they're both old.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
My cousin suggested we trade Curry's contract plus a piece for Camby/Andre Miller. I'd love that, but the problem with that is they're both old.
And expensive. They'd take up all of our cap space and take Melo, Gasol, Nene and Perkins off of the table for us. I'd love to see us bring in Camby if were to somehow trade for Paul or Deron this offseason, but he's a guy we have to go after after we've made our big FA moves, meaning we can't realistically add the guy until next summer when his contract is up. For now we need to realize that Turiaf will be playing the role Camby would be.

Personally I want to wait n see if we can't just sign melo out right and if not I'd re-sign Wilson andtry to sign one of the 3 centers I mentioned while hoping that Minny has the 1st overall pick and is considering trading Ricky for AR, Bill Walker and our 2014 pick +.

Gasol(30)/Turiaf(15)/Amare(3)/Mozgov
Amare(30)/Chandler(18 )/Turiaf
Chandler(10)/Gallo(32)/Williams(6)
Fields(28 )/Douglas(15)/Chandler(5)
Felton(30)/Rubio(18 )

Is a lineup I would absolutely love to root for both in the short run and moving forward, initial minutes breakdown in parenthesis. With Amare and Gasol inside we'd have the best pair of bigs in the league with a very talented group of wings and a good PG duo with tons of potential to improve even more.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 01-06-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Are they calling them evenly? Cause if they are, Lebron should have at least a hundred by now. That dude bitches after every drive into the lane.
So should every star in the NBA, then. Kobe, Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan, etc. are all massive complainers. It is quite annoying.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
So should every star in the NBA, then. Kobe, Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan, etc. are all massive complainers. It is quite annoying.
Dwight Howard has had a technical in every Magic game I've seen this year. He doesn't get the superstar treatment from the refs even at home for whatever reason.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
Dwight Howard has had a technical in every Magic game I've seen this year. He doesn't get the superstar treatment from the refs even at home for whatever reason.
Considering how much he complains, I would say he deserves it. I love Dwight, but he is really demonstrative in his whining.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Derrick Rose doesn't because he is the exception to every rule. :)

Btw, ****** loss last night to the Nets. Kris ******* Humphries had 20 and 10 and Boozer sat the entire 4th (although I kind of understand Thibs' reasoning). Then to top it off we lose on a last second layup by Sasha off a tipped alley oop.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post

Btw, ****** loss last night to the Nets. Kris ******* Humphries had 20 and 10 and Boozer sat the entire 4th (although I kind of understand Thibs' reasoning). Then to top it off we lose on a last second layup by Sasha off a tipped alley oop.
I think that it was Sasha that pissed me off most. ANyone else I wouldn't have cared.

Btw, how are we so horrible at FTs? I mean, when you have announcers talking about how we're shooting in the 60s and having a good night at the line, you know somethings going wrong.

Oh well, guess we can't tie the 72 win record now :/.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post

Well that's true, but Derrick Rose is awesome. Part of the reason why he's one of my favorite players in the NBA, along with guys like Kevin Durant.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who's voted for the All Star Game? Just got done.

West
G- Deron, Monta
F- K-Love, Dirk
C- Nene

East
G- D-Rose, Wade
F- Lebron, Amare
C- Dwight

Yeah I voted for Love and Monta over Kobe and Durant what the **** of it?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kobe doesn't deserve to be an All Star this year anyways.

Bynum, though, has already overtaken the spot for best C in the West. I really hope he can stay healthy man, they're a completely different team with him out there.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post

Bynum, though, has already overtaken the spot for best C in the West. I really hope he can stay healthy man, they're a completely different team with him out there.
Yeah.

And I wish Shawn Andrews could stay healthy too...

Give Bynum 3 weeks. That knee will buckle soon enough.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bynum and Oden are lost causes, you can just tell from the way he runs. It's a shame because Bynum really does make a huge difference when he's out there. I don't think there is a center in the league who uses his length as well as that guy does. Block numbers or no he protects the paint as well as any center out there.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post

Except for Nene and Tim Duncan being better.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

So Tom Thibodeau is frustrated that Carlos Boozer doesn't play defense and benches him? Uh, didn't he know that is who Boozer is when they signed him? They just showed the breakdowns and lazy play on ESPN.

Old 01-06-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Oh i thought you meant when healthy Bynum was the best in the west. Yeah he hasn't played nearly enough to deserve an all star spot.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So Tom Thibodeau is frustrated that Carlos Boozer doesn't play defense and benches him? Uh, didn't he know that is who Boozer is when they signed him? They just showed the breakdowns and lazy play on ESPN.
Yeah that throws me off a bit as well.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:50 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think effort was the big thing. We all know he's not a good defender, but I think Thibs is just asking that he makes a concerted effort. Like rotation on defense, moving his feet and protecting the rim. He's never going to be a great defender, but with effort he can be decent. I've seen Boozer do some good things defensively so far (his hands are pretty good), but he has a tendency to give up on a play at the rim instead of contesting.

I'm sure they'll find a happy medium. The problem I think last night was that Boozer was **** offensively and he's not much of a defender so he wasn't really giving us much. If Carlos is beasting on offense I think Thibs is more than likely going to turn a blind eye to Boozer's defensive issues.

Should be interesting to see how Boozer does on Friday.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote