View Poll Results: Is Paul a dork?
Yes 356115 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 356115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordofi View Post
6'10" is too small to play center.
No it isn't, but Favors is never going to be a center anyway so this is irrelevant.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:13 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

now the nugs want us to give another 1st and take balkman and harrington?
GEE TEE EFF OHH

if the nets do that...i will just be furious. deal picks, use murphy's expiring elsewhere. Don't do this garbage Nets. honestly, this deal isn't even worth it anymore. Stop being so ******* impatient. let Favors grow. Harris has been VERY good for us this year, don't blow this up. we're a young team, let the kids grow and improve, and acquire a pure scoring wing another way
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
now the nugs want us to give another 1st and take balkman and harrington?
GEE TEE EFF OHH

if the nets do that...i will just be furious. deal picks, use murphy's expiring elsewhere. Don't do this garbage Nets. honestly, this deal isn't even worth it anymore. Stop being so ******* impatient. let Favors grow. Harris has been VERY good for us this year, don't blow this up. we're a young team, let the kids grow and improve, and acquire a pure scoring wing another way
You guys are gonna win 40 games for the next 5 years and you're gonna enjoy it.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
You guys are gonna win 40 games for the next 5 years and you're gonna enjoy it.
lol x a billion

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahaha it will be an upgrade of talent, but we'll be an old team with a lack of bench and money tied up in rip, chauncey and melo. depends which picks we give up but i really don't want humphries being our starting PF next year. but the getting Al and balkman and giving up another 1st is just ridiculous
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has Melo even said he would sign an extension with the Nets? I know he said he would with the Knicks but....?

Isnt this all a little premature until he does that? I mean the nets would be ******* stupid to make this trade without him committing to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Has Melo even said he would sign an extension with the Nets? I know he said he would with the Knicks but....?

Isnt this all a little premature until he does that? I mean the nets would be ******* stupid to make this trade without him committing to that.
The Nets won't make the deal unless Melo signs an extension.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, if anything is gonna happen it'll be after Melo signs that three year extension.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
No it isn't, but Favors is never going to be a center anyway so this is irrelevant.
6'10" is barely tall enough to play power forward.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Right, because look how good the Cavs are without LeBron now. Clearly he was the problem in getting them championships.

I mean, Kobe really won a lot of rings when he had no help too! (sarcasm, btw)

If you're really silly enough to think rings equate to how good a player is there is no point in debating this further. If you want to argue who's had the better career and include rings as evidence, fine, but don't try to use it to who is currently the best player in the NBA right now, because it's not even a debate. Especially when considering Kobe might not even be the best player on his team this year.
Kobe Bryant is the best player on the Lakers. To say otherwise is absurd. He's also better than LBJ. Name me what LBJ can do that Kobe can't.

Also, if LeBron James had more rings than Kobe at this time, you would use that as part of your argument for why LBJ is a better player.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What? There are only a handful of starting power forwards over 6'10" and the majority of those listed over 6'10" probably aren't.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kobe Bryant is the best player on the Lakers. To say otherwise is absurd. He's also better than LBJ. Name me what LBJ can do that Kobe can't.

Also, if LeBron James had more rings than Kobe at this time, you would use that as part of your argument for why LBJ is a better player.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Joakim Noah = 6'11 Center

Blake Griffin = 6'10 PF
Elton Brand = 6'9 PF
Carlos Boozer = 6'9 PF
Paul Millsap = 6'8 PF
Antwan Jamison = 6'9 PF
David West = 6'9 PF

Do I need to even keep going? Your argument has failed...hard.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
If you're really silly enough to think rings equate to how good a player is there is no point in debating this further. If you want to argue who's had the better career and include rings as evidence, fine, but don't try to use it to who is currently the best player in the NBA right now, because it's not even a debate. Especially when considering Kobe might not even be the best player on his team this year.
Youre ******* kidding me right?

How many guys in the league are averaging 25.2 ppg, 5 Reb. and 4.5 assists in this league let alone on the lakers?

Im a Lakers fan...there isnt anyone on the Lakers playing better than Kobe right now. That is the dumbest thing ive heard in a while.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
What? There are only a handful of starting power forwards over 6'10" and the majority of those listed over 6'10" probably aren't.
Gasol, Blatche, Bosh, Aldridge, Garnett, and Duncan. All of them are at least 6'11". Yes, that's only five, but they have a huge advantage playing the power forward position. 6'10" is the smallest I would go as a GM.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Joakim Noah = 6'11 Center

Blake Griffin = 6'10 PF
Elton Brand = 6'9 PF
Carlos Boozer = 6'9 PF
Paul Millsap = 6'8 PF
Antwan Jamison = 6'9 PF
David West = 6'9 PF

Do I need to even keep going? Your argument has failed...hard.
All five of them get posted up by Gasol, Duncan, Aldridge, etc., and they just shoot right over them.

All of those people you mentioned are undersized for power forward. Griffin is the tallest of the names you mentioned, but he's shorter than 6'10".
Old 01-10-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charles Barkley is widely regarded as the best power forward of all time and he's 6'6". Height definitely helps, but it's not a prerequisite.

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 01-10-2011, 06:50 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All five of them get posted up by Gasol, Duncan, Aldridge, etc., and they just shoot right over them.

All of those people you mentioned are undersized for power forward. Griffin is the tallest of the names you mentioned, but he's shorter than 6'10".
And all except Millsap and Griffin are/have been allstars.

You never said anything about them being beatable, you said 6'10 is barely tall enough to play PF, which is ridiculously false. The majority of PFs aren't any taller than 6'10 and only the elite level ones are 6'11 or 7'. Huge difference between the top tier and "barely tall enough to play."

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-10-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Charles Barkley is widely regarded as the best power forward of all time and he's 6'6". Height definitely helps, but it's not a prerequisite.
He is? lol

Quote:
Old 01-10-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He is? lol
I'd say that Karl Malone, Tim Duncan, and Barkley are the three guys in the conversation.

Karl Malone was 6'9 by the way, wordofi.

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 01-10-2011, 06:59 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
I'd say that Karl Malone, Tim Duncan, and Barkley are the three guys in the conversation.

Karl Malone was 6'9 by the way, wordofi.
I might take KG too but that might just be personal preference.

Quote:
Old 01-10-2011, 07:03 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I might take KG too but that might just be personal preference.
Dirk will be as well although he's not a traditional PF. I'd say he's lacking a ring, but so is Chuck and he's widely considered a top 3 PF.

I'd go Duncan, Malone, KG, Chuck and Dirk though. I can't stand The Big Ticket, but if he's not at the top of your list then I'll have Brodeur beat you with sticks.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Dirk will be as well although he's not a traditional PF. I'd say he's lacking a ring, but so is Chuck and he's widely considered a top 3 PF.

I'd go Duncan, Malone, KG, Chuck and Dirk though. I can't stand The Big Ticket, but if he's not at the top of your list then I'll have Brodeur beat you with sticks.
KG is a very controversial guy haha. Hes either loved or hated, there is no in between.

Quote:
Old 01-10-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

So, there are some people wondering if the Nuggets are stalling the deal so that the Nets keep losing (which makes their first round pick more valuable). I really hope that this is true, and that NBA executives are this evil and nefarious.

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 01-10-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
KG is a very controversial guy haha. Hes either loved or hated, there is no in between.
I used to be in between. I thought he was good, but just stuck in a ****** situation, so I was like meh.

Once he was put in a position to talk though, I started hating him.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver