Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post

well he can't win a ring without Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh that's for dam sure

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
So, there are some people wondering if the Nuggets are stalling the deal so that the Nets keep losing (which makes their first round pick more valuable). I really hope that this is true, and that NBA executives are this evil and nefarious.
I personally dont think this trade is ever going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I used to be in between. I thought he was good, but just stuck in a ****** situation, so I was like meh.

Once he was put in a position to talk though, I started hating him.
I hate him too, but he's there's no doubting his greatness as a player. Imagine if he had more than Wally World, Spree and Starbury earlier in his career.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I hate him too, but he's there's no doubting his greatness as a player. Imagine if he had more than Wally World, Spree and Starbury earlier in his career.
No kidding, he didnt really have much to work with in his Minnesota days. Somehow they managed to get the 1 seed in the west, but that was mainly due to how well he played in that MVP season.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, he's phenomenal, and I always felt bad for him being in Minnesota.

Then he got to a big market and I realized maybe he should have stayed in Minnesota. Seriously, it's like he's had to make up for lost media coverage in Minnesota by being extra douchey in Boston.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Charles Barkley is widely regarded as the best power forward of all time and he's 6'6".
Eh I'm not sure he's even top 3. Malone's production and longevity is undeniable and Hayes and Garnett have championships...

1. Duncan

(gap)

2. Malone
3. Hayes
4. Barkley
5. Garnett
6. McHale
Old 01-10-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I personally dont think this trade is ever going to happen.
I would love it. Carmelo traded to a team that wouldn't be an elite team in the East, playing in Newark. It would serve him right. You don't demand a trade, you either sit patiently and wait for the right opportunity (Kevin Garnett) or you don't say a word and jump ship when you become a FA (LeBron James).

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dirk will be as well although he's not a traditional PF. I'd say he's lacking a ring, but so is Chuck and he's widely considered a top 3 PF.

I'd go Duncan, Malone, KG, Chuck and Dirk though. I can't stand The Big Ticket, but if he's not at the top of your list then I'll have Brodeur beat you with sticks.
Dirk is better than Chuck, and there is no way I'd ever put Chuck above KG. KG is so much better than Chuck defensively it is ridiculous.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Dirk is better than Chuck, and there is no way I'd ever put Chuck above KG. KG is so much better than Chuck defensively it is ridiculous.
Charles was basically a pretty good help defender, and even that was only occasional. Barkley's greatness was definitely in his offense. KG is a much better defender, but Charles was a much more efficient inside scorer. They're both good rebounders, and good passers but I'd give Barkley the edge in both of those slightly.

I guess KG is probably a more complete player (because he keeps playing on the defensive end) but I still think that Barkley was better personally.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Charles was basically a pretty good help defender, and even that was only occasional. Barkley's greatness was definitely in his offense. KG is a much better defender, but Charles was a much more efficient inside scorer. They're both good rebounders, and good passers but I'd give Barkley the edge in both of those slightly.

I guess KG is probably a more complete player (because he keeps playing on the defensive end) but I still think that Barkley was better personally.
The difference defensively between the two >>>>>> the difference offensively. I just cannot accept the opinion that Barkely is better, because he is not.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-10-2011, 09:10 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The difference defensively between the two >>>>>> the difference offensively. I just cannot accept the opinion that Barkely is better, because he is not.
Ok, don't accept it then. You're entitled to your opinion, but me and a great deal of people over 20 years old who have watched basketball for awhile will take Barkley.

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 01-10-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Ok, don't accept it then. You're entitled to your opinion, but me and a great deal of people over 20 years old who have watched basketball for awhile will take Barkley.
Im over 20 and ill take KG

Quote:
Old 01-10-2011, 09:31 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Messiah returns with another one.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Owners of Sacramento Kings told AP they are now open to moving team to another city.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Haha, you used my age as if I'm ******* 12.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-10-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So, there are some people wondering if the Nuggets are stalling the deal so that the Nets keep losing (which makes their first round pick more valuable). I really hope that this is true, and that NBA executives are this evil and nefarious.
Saw a quote (from Adande I think) saying how the Denver FO has been extremely difficult throughout the entire process. Blamed it on Denver having a first time GM and first time Owner and them also having to get past the idea that they are trading Anthony.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Im over 20 and ill take KG
I'm in my late 20's and I'd probably take KG.
Garnett in his prime could score, rebound, play every position and be the best defensive player in the league.
Chuck could score at will and grab every rebound and run the floor with the best of them
I like KG's dominance on both side of the floor

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Owners of Sacramento Kings told AP they are now open to moving team to another city.
I'm guessing they'll stay in the west. Maybe Las Vegas?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I'm hoping Las Vegas. However, I don't know if we could support a team. On top of that, I don't want to pay for the arena.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Messiah returns with another one.

I wanna gooooooo hiiiiiighhher

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Back to Kansas City!!!

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Youre ******* kidding me right?

How many guys in the league are averaging 25.2 ppg, 5 Reb. and 4.5 assists in this league let alone on the lakers?

Im a Lakers fan...there isnt anyone on the Lakers playing better than Kobe right now. That is the dumbest thing ive heard in a while.
It was just hyperbole really, but you could certainly make an argument he's not the MVP of his team like YFS (a fellow Lakers fan) has mentioned previously if I'm not mistaken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordofi View Post
Kobe Bryant is the best player on the Lakers. To say otherwise is absurd. He's also better than LBJ. Name me what LBJ can do that Kobe can't.

Also, if LeBron James had more rings than Kobe at this time, you would use that as part of your argument for why LBJ is a better player.
Uh, no I wouldn't. I've long since believed that using championships as a means to measure how good a player in a team sport is absurd. If you want to talk about an individual sport like track or golf, fine, but for team based sports I've never once used that argument.

I mean Eli Manning has a ring and Phillip Rivers has never been to the Super Bowl but you sure as hell won't ever see me try to say Eli is a better QB because it's really not that close.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...rn-to-celtics/

Steven A. is saying that Sheed is going to return to the Celtics for the second half of the season. It it happens nobody is going to be able to compete with the size and depth that they have in their front court.

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 01-11-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...rn-to-celtics/

Steven A. is saying that Sheed is going to return to the Celtics for the second half of the season. It it happens nobody is going to be able to compete with the size and depth that they have in their front court.
You're forgetting about the Lakers with Bynum, Odom, and Gasol.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Youre ******* kidding me right?

How many guys in the league are averaging 25.2 ppg, 5 Reb. and 4.5 assists in this league let alone on the lakers?

Im a Lakers fan...there isnt anyone on the Lakers playing better than Kobe right now. That is the dumbest thing ive heard in a while.
Kobe's been playing better in the last few games, but Lamar is playing the best ball on the Lakers. And has been all year.

Kobe's game consists of isolation post ups and fadeaway jumpers while getting the ball stripped 953408345 times a game because teams have caught on and don't fear him anymore. His numbers have improved as the team's play has improved. He needs to stop going into "Kobe saves the day" mode when things aren't working early, because that **** clearly isn't working anymore. He's getting to a (not quite there yet) Duncan-like level, where he can only give you consistent offense in spurts.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote