Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
So uh... ****... tell me about this guy Pruitt...
He's quick as hell and a decent shooter but he hasn't been as great of a passer as he should be. It's a great pick by Boston though.

I love the J-Rich for Brandan Wright trade for the Bobcats. He is a HUGE upgrade over Matt Carroll.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Tobzilla
Pro Bowler

Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
wow. i'm sad to see j-rich go. he was very loyal. i'm not a huge fan of wright but he is a GREAT fit in our offense.
I think you guys got a steal. Totally played MJ.

PM me for sig requests
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Connery View Post
Suck it Trebek!
Tobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
He's getting drafted.
That doesn't change the fact that he's going to the D-league before he drops into obscurity.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Is this what it's gonne be like?

Warriors:
PG Davis
SG Jackson
SF Harrington
PF Wright
C Biedrins

Bobcats:
PG Felton
SG Richardson
SF Morrison
PF Okafor
C Brezec
Ellis could probably start over Jackson.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quite a nice pick for the Spurs... Would've liked to see him on the Pistons..

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Tobzilla
Pro Bowler

Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Could be, but sometimes I think he's better suited as a 6th man.

PM me for sig requests
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Connery View Post
Suck it Trebek!
Tobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Brooks straight dunked in that dudes face. I gotta find that pic....
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the **** just happened to the poll?

RIP TheManInBlack
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Ellis is pretty small though. He's only 6'3 175.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So does the J-Rich move mean they wont have enough money to resign wallace, cuz if so i would rather have Wright and Wallace than J-RIch, but if they could keep Wallace then that would be nasty
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
I still don't get why they didn't take Hawes. He has more upside and could develop into a nice Brad Miller type player.
Well he doesn't play defense or rebound for starters, and he's slow. I think after the BG experiement on defense, they don't want to go that route anymore. I will say Noah is perfect for what we do. Run and gun, up an down the floor style. Plus he's a Paxon/Skiles type player. A winner, high energy, good defender, runs the floor, good intangibles...I'm not as pissed as I was about this pick.

Who knows, maybe they just didn't like Hawes when it came down to it. Pax with his track record though of drafting really well and owning in trades deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Quite a nice pick for the Spurs... Would've liked to see him on the Pistons..
There was a time that I wanted him at 16 to the Wiz.
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
CCB did it because Young went to Washington.
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I am distraught, absolutely distraught right now. They just said that he isn't an offensive threat down low, and that's what we need. So we take him anyway, why because he's a ******* winner? Paxon, I have lost a lot of respect for you as a GM. I will not root for Joakim Noah to succeed in Chicago at all. I hope he fails so he makes Paxon look like a complete jackass, which he is for making this pick.

Unless he's packaging something. Because Hawes said he was confident he was going to Chicago, and Katz said the same thing. Hell I even heard from a source within the team that Hawes was going to Chicago.

This is the one guy I did not want. He's an arrogant piece of **** that is not what we needed. So Paxon leaves a low post scoring big man on the board in Hawes to take a guy who is redundant. Congrats Paxon, you are a jackass.
Quote:
Hawes is going to make Paxon feel like a complete jackass for not picking him. Absolutely pathetic. F grade for Paxon.
Quote:
Well, from what I'm hearing looks like dezzra was right. The staff really wasn't that high on Hawes, and they wanted a big man out of this draft so they took Noah.

Ugh, we just got put in a really bad spot. The guys we were "targeting" all got picked before us and we were forced to choose between low value players (we were not considering any guards).

Like I said, Noah isn't a bad player. He'll be a nice role player for us ala Anderson Varejao. But man, the value sucked at the #9 pick for what we wanted.

Noah just needs to get more mature. Because I won't tolerate the primal screams after every play. He is marketable though and he is a leader. Eh, I'll give Paxon a C. He deserves the benefit of the doubt.

**I can't believe I'm saying this about Joakim Noah, haha.**

jk...just funny to see how fast the grade changed

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whatever happened to that Bryant guy GS selected last year? I thought he was pretty good.
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Well he doesn't play defense or rebound for starters, and he's slow. I think after the BG experiement on defense, they don't want to go that route anymore. I will say Noah is perfect for what we do. Run and gun, up an down the floor style. Plus he's a Paxon/Skiles type player. A winner, high energy, good defender, runs the floor, good intangibles...I'm not as pissed as I was about this pick.

Who knows, maybe they just didn't like Hawes when it came down to it. Pax with his track record though of drafting really well and owning in trades deserves the benefit of the doubt.
They still have no interior scoring though. It's tough to win a championship unless you can score from the block.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where's TT at? McNugget has gone into the 2nd round after being one of the most highly touted players in the nation coming out in his class. Go Dookies!

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Aaron Gray please!
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
9999999999999999999999999999999999999999 people feel Nick Young is the shhhhhhhhhhhh.
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Whatever happened to that Bryant guy GS selected last year? I thought he was pretty good.
Yeah . . . about him . . .
Old 06-28-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wtf happened at the poll?

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by -black View Post

jk...just funny to see how fast the grade changed
Well I didn't know that Paxon really didn't feel really good about Hawes, and I didn't know that the "guarantee" he got was false.

I always get pissed off when a player gets picked that I didn't want at first, but then I settle down afterwards. Was he my first choice? Hell no, but we'll see how he pans out.

Quote:
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

Celtics are geting Big Baby.
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Someone has to take Byars eventually...

RIP TheManInBlack
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Well... he's not tall enough to be a center... but... I guess...