Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steve Nash is a horrible defender but won MVP, I don't think that should cloud the MVP candidacy of Amare. I think he should be an MVP favorite on the pure fact that he has brought the Knicks back to relevancy. No doubt Felton and Fields have been good additions but lets be honest Amare is the only reason why they are Eastern conference contenders.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think Chuck is a Knicks hater.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Dan Gilbert was rightfully pissed. The letter was idiotic, but, to be fair, Lebron used him and the team as a puppet in his dog and pony free agency show. And this was after Gilbert had bent over backwards to appease Lebron and his posse. He used the Cavs and the city of Cleveland's devotion to him to draw ratings to his stupid Decision show.

He had no intention of ever resigning with Cleveland and should have let them know. They were both in the wrong. However, as an owner, you have to be above getting into a pissing contest with a player.
I disagree that Gilbert bent over backwards for LeBron. It was pretty clear that LeBron's #1 wish all along was to have a supporting cast capable of helping him win a championship. In the NBA having one star player is almost never enough. I think something like 13 of the past 15 NBA champions have been teams with at least two star players. So what did the Cavs do? Replace the garbage around him with more garbage. That team is no better this year than the year before they drafted LeBron. Mo Williams? Antwan Jamison? Shaq years past his prime? None of those guys are second or even third options on a championship team. Gilbert sat back and watched as LeBron carried that entire team, on his back, to 60-win seasons, #1 seeds in the East, a NBA Final appearance. Then suddenly as soon as LeBron becomes a free agent he rushes to try and appease LeBron? Too little, too late.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chucky is right that Amare is a very bad defensive rebounder and is a key reason why we give offenses so many second chances.

But BBD is correct that Amare's on-ball defense hasn't been bad and his help defense has been very, very good for the most part.

But METSOX is the one who is most right because him being average to weak overall as a defensive player probably will not hinder his chances at the award, all things considered.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I just think Chuck is a Knicks hater.

I am...but to discuss Amare for MVP and to not bring up his defence and rebounding is silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Steve Nash is a horrible defender but won MVP, I don't think that should cloud the MVP candidacy of Amare. I think he should be an MVP favorite on the pure fact that he has brought the Knicks back to relevancy. No doubt Felton and Fields have been good additions but lets be honest Amare is the only reason why they are Eastern conference contenders.

It's not like when Nash won MVP voters didn't take into account his defence(or at least I hope they didn't).

Also....you forgot about GALLOOOZZZZZZZZ
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Watching the Knicks with Stoudemire on the court vs him on the bench, and you see how much of an impact he has on the team. We look like the Cavs without him, with him we look like contenders.

That's why I want a 2nd scorer. I think the good teams in the league can neutralize Stoudemire and put the game in the other players hands. We've seen that so far this year, the Knicks always come up just short vs elite teams or get blown out by them bc elite teams force hte ball out of Stoudemire's hands.

If we had that 2nd scorer (cough Melo cough), they no longer would be able to do that.

The Knicks will be pretenders until we get that 2nd guy. We can beat up on bad teams as much as we want, but the proof is in the pudding. Watch us play elite teams, we're clearly a notch below them bc we're missing that 2nd guy.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Gallo so much. I don't think I ever hated a Knick more than Gallinari.

Charles Smith used to be #1 on my turd list (**** you Smith, WHY DIDNT YOU DUNK IT?!), but I think Gallo has replaced him now. At least back in the 90s us Knicks fans knew when we had a ****** player. Now we gas them up.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Chucky is right that Amare is a very bad defensive rebounder and is a key reason why we give offenses so many second chances.

But BBD is correct that Amare's on-ball defense hasn't been bad and his help defense has been very, very good for the most part.

But METSOX is the one who is most right because him being average to weak overall as a defensive player probably will not hinder his chances at the award, all things considered.
I'm just gonna have to disagree with the on-ball defence...it really isn't good. While he has been a very good shotblocker I have seen him be too agressive in trying to help out for a block leading to easy buckets for the opposition
Old 01-12-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quiet guys, let me enjoy this. I've suffered long enough.

I deserve to be homerish about the Knicks. Amare could punch babies on 34th street tomorrow and I'd still view him as the 2nd coming.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

How about that DeRozan guy. Looks like he is starting to turn the corner and makes me happy in the pants
Old 01-12-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, DeRozan sucks ass and will never be anything in the NBA.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
No, DeRozan sucks ass and will never be anything in the NBA.
....don't hate. He's straight out of Compton, yo
Old 01-12-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Players absolutely rape the Knicks on the offensive boards because Amare is such a pisspoor defensive rebounder.

His defence also really hasn't improved or if it has I can't imagine how bad he was on Pheonix. Just about every somewhat skilled big man who goes against the Knicks destroys him
his defense peaked about 4 years ago before the 2nd knee surgery

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never was and never will be a big fan of Derozan, he's a jump athlete, that's it. He has zero range on his jump shot and I don't think that will improve any time soon and on defense he is highly inconsistent. All he has is his athleticism to score him buckets inside the arc but he wouldn't be good for any more than 8 or 9 points a game on a real team.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I disagree that Gilbert bent over backwards for LeBron. It was pretty clear that LeBron's #1 wish all along was to have a supporting cast capable of helping him win a championship. In the NBA having one star player is almost never enough. I think something like 13 of the past 15 NBA champions have been teams with at least two star players. So what did the Cavs do? Replace the garbage around him with more garbage. That team is no better this year than the year before they drafted LeBron. Mo Williams? Antwan Jamison? Shaq years past his prime? None of those guys are second or even third options on a championship team. Gilbert sat back and watched as LeBron carried that entire team, on his back, to 60-win seasons, #1 seeds in the East, a NBA Final appearance. Then suddenly as soon as LeBron becomes a free agent he rushes to try and appease LeBron? Too little, too late.
Eh, to be fair, they were really caught between a rock and a hard place. They had some tradeable assets, but nothing that would have landed them anything special. The players they brought in were crap, but can you imagine the backlash if they had decided to shed dead weight to clear cap space in order to bring in another star via free agency? Also, Lebron seemed pretty damn happy with the entire setup until he walked in on Delonte boning his mom in the middle of the Boston series.

Going to the Finals in 06/07 was the worst thing that could happen to that franchise. It put them in "win now" mode when they clearly weren't ready to enter that stage.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Never was and never will be a big fan of Derozan, he's a jump athlete, that's it. He has zero range on his jump shot and I don't think that will improve any time soon and on defense he is highly inconsistent. All he has is his athleticism to score him buckets inside the arc but he wouldn't be good for any more than 8 or 9 points a game on a real team.
His jump shot ahs improved quite a bit this year and it seems like he has the work ethic to keep improving it. Obviously his athleticism is top notch, and the guy is still only 21. I do agree his defence need to improve though
Old 01-12-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I feel for the kid though because expectation for him has always been huge. At USC he was expected to at least equal what Mayo did but he fell flat, being drafted high by the Raptors many expected him to be the next T-Mac or VC. He simply doesn't have the skill set offensively to ever be an allstar. If he works hard though and makes improvements defensively he can carve out a spot as a very solid starter as like a 3rd or 4th scoring option. He just needs to embrace that he's not a #1 scorer and put further focus on improving in other areas like passing, ballhandling, and defending. With his athleticism he's already as step ahead of many guys.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand why everyone's arguing over Amare winning 2nd place in the MVP race. It's not like it matters who comes in 2nd after Derrick Rose because master of the universe and wins MVP. :)

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I hate Gallo so much. I don't think I ever hated a Knick more than Gallinari.

Charles Smith used to be #1 on my turd list (**** you Smith, WHY DIDNT YOU DUNK IT?!), but I think Gallo has replaced him now. At least back in the 90s us Knicks fans knew when we had a ****** player. Now we gas them up.
**** you, how can you hate a player with TS% like gallo's a player's who's averaging over 15 a game on just over 10 shots a game, gets to the line 5.5 times a game, is one of our best perimeter defenders and makes really good passes all while having the 5th lowest usage on our team behind AmaRay, Chandler and Douglas? Could he rebound more? I guess he could if he weren't the corner so much, but it's not like 4.5-5 boards a game is bad for a SF. Offensively he could score more regularly but that would mean disrupting our offensive flow and taking shots away from AmaRay and also Chandler, who often has easier matchups to score on.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please don't do this again.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
QFT 10 characters
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Old 01-12-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the plus side, there hasn't been a Monta Ellis discussion on here in a while...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rather have a thousand more Monta discussions before one more about Gallo. At least Monta is a star/borderline star/whatever you want to call him. Gallo is just an above average player.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Then tell BBD to stop bringing him up and being absurdly bias and nonfactual in his comments about him!

But I agree, I'm tired of hearing this stupid debate about him, haha.