Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2011, 11:51 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I am on the EC but I know his game.. and yeah he has picked up his play but Bosh and Lee are borderline. Scola is ridiculously underrated, he pretty much led his national team putting up crazy numbers last year. Zee bo is awesome too he is a way better rebounder than Aldridge but Randolph plays no defense.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:06 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Thorpe is comparing Favors to Lamarcus type player down the road and the way he's been playing, i'm perfectly fine with that
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Yeah I am on the EC but I know his game.. and yeah he has picked up his play but Bosh and Lee are borderline. Scola is ridiculously underrated, he pretty much led his national team putting up crazy numbers last year. Zee bo is awesome too he is a way better rebounder than Aldridge but Randolph plays no defense.
What does Scola's international career have anything to do with the way these guys are performing in the NBA? On the season he's 3rd among PFs in scoring, and 7th in rebounding. For the month he's averaging 27ppg and 12rpg. He's about as good a scoring forward as their is in the league, and he's rebounding a lot better now. When you look at the rest of the league's PFs (and most of the ones you listed), no one plays defense like Tim Duncan or Kevin Garnett once did, so it's silly to criticize LA for that.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
Defensive player of the year; probably either KG or Dwight. Kurt Thomas should get some consideration for this though, seriously.

Come on man. You're a Bucks fan, and you don't mention Bogut here?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Demar is now averaging 19 PPG in January. WOOOOO. Raps may have their SG of the future. He is also replacing Jennings in the Dunk Contest. Yay.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Raptors fans and DeRozan's family are the only ones happy about him being in the Dunk Contest. I would rather see Zaza Pachulia in it.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I think Raptors fans and DeRozan's family are the only ones happy about him being in the Dunk Contest. I would rather see Zaza Pachulia in it.
Derozan threw down a couple of nice dunks last year.He should have won it in fact and is much better option than Brandon Jennings.

But uh ya....of course I'd rather see Zaza....that would be ******* hilarious
Old 01-23-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Haha I will? but like, you do know it is all opinion.. you might like him better, I don't.

Al Horford
Booz (barely gets the vote)
Dirk even being older
David Lee is a tweener but nobody gives him respect
Kevin Love
Blake Griffin
AMARE
Bosh I guess
Zach Randolph
Luis Scola

Aldridge would be right after the top 10 obvs with guys like David West and Jeff Green.
Disagree. Aldridge has really stepped up his inside scoring game and intensity this year. 2011 LA is nothing like past LA. This would be my order (Horford is a C):

1. Stoudemire
2. Nowitzki
3. Gasol
4. Griffin
5. Aldridge
6. Love
7. Bosh
8. Boozer
9. Randolph
10. Garnett

Last edited by Michigan : 01-23-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Come on man. You're a Bucks fan, and you don't mention Bogut here?
Bogut has been about the only positive thing for the Bucks so far this year. The Bucks haven't done anything worth being positive about this year. They've got a pretty easy road for the next month or so, so we'll see if we can make up some ground.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wrong thread lol

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
Disagree. Aldridge has really stepped up his inside scoring game and intensity this year. 2011 LA is nothing like past LA. This would be my order (Horford is a C):

1. Stoudemire
2. Nowitzki
3. Gasol
4. Griffin
5. Aldridge
6. Love
7. Bosh
8. Boozer
9. Randolph
10. Garnett
Horford is a PF just forced to play C

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post

1. Stoudemire
2. Nowitzki
3. Gasol
4. Griffin
5. Aldridge
6. Love
7. Bosh
8. Boozer
9. Randolph
10. Garnett
Bosh has really become underrated. You have to expect someones numbers to dramatically go down when going from 1st option to third option behind Wade and LBJ. Also unfortunately KG should be higher.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeMar DeRozan's stats this season are eerily similar to that of Tracy McGrady in his 2nd season. Now I'm not saying DeMar is the next TMac, but I can see him as a very solid starter for the Raps in the future.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Bosh has really become underrated. You have to expect someones numbers to dramatically go down when going from 1st option to third option behind Wade and LBJ. Also unfortunately KG should be higher.
Maybe, but all the guys on that list that are in front of him are playing a lot better than he is.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
The only thing that's changed with Bosh is that Griffin, Aldridge, and Love all exploded this year. I prefer Griffin and Aldridge by quite a margin, and I'd rate Love about even with him.

btw- to keep the discussion rolling, how would you pick the all-star teams? the west is incredibly competitive this year

East:
G: Wade
G: Rose
F: James
F: Stoudemire
C: Howard

Reserves:
Horford
Rondo
Pierce
Garnett
Allen
Bosh
Johnson
(half the conference is unrepresented, but they suck and have no worthy players. might as well put John Wall in for the heck of it)

West
G: Bryant
G: Paul
F: Durant
F: Anthony
C: Ming (replaced by Gasol)

Reserves:
Nowitzki
Ginobili
Griffin
Williams
Aldridge
Westbrook
Duncan
(Lots of snubs here. Nash, Parker, Love, Odom, Z-Bo, Gordon, and the God of Basketball Ellis)
Old 01-24-2011, 01:42 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Love doesn't make it I'm not watching another All Star game for the rest of my life. It's not even a debate, he belongs there.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/23/sp...ubio.html?_r=2

I can't wait until we get rid of this bum.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel so bad for you guys. Khan has been configuring the entire team around the talents of Ricky. The saddest part is, he could probably grow and succeed in Minny over just about anywhere else because of that...

Quote:
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

I stole this from the T'Wolve forum on realGM(which I have been following =D)

J- blah blah blah lockout... how is the situation for you right now?
R- Actually, I don't want to think about it till the season ends. The only thing that I can say is that the lockout is very important because I don't feel like being 3 or 4 months without playing. I want to compete since the very first day so it's an important issue that has to be considered. But I repeat that I won't talk about it till the season ends.

J- David Kahn said last year "another final four and then to the NBA", has Minnesota already conviced you or would you rather play somwhere else?
R- No, Minnesota has showed me a lot of affection and support and the truth is that when a team shows you all of that you can only be grateful, and you can only say good things about them. I couldn't say anything bad about Minnesota because they've supported me since the beginning, when I told them that I wanted to stay here they supported me and I'm very happy with that.

J- You see Kevin Love and Michael Beasley and you say "well, I could be playing there and running in an open court..". We could say that this team is becoming the right place for you to play?
R- Yes, when...
J- Is that important? Is that determinant for your final decision?
R- Yes, of course. The fact that they have a sport project to aspire to win... that's what I want, you know. Because you can go to a place when they guarantee you minutes but they won't have a project to win. And for a european player who isn't used to play so many games and that losing isn't that important... It's difficult to go to a league when there are a lot of games and go to a team where there are a lot of loses and they don't really care about it.

SUMMING UP: The problem isn't Minnesota, the thing is that you have to show him that you have a project of winning. Rubio always says that Minnesota is a young team with a great future.

Quote:
Old 01-24-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's what my rosters would look like:

EAST
PG: Derrick Rose
SG: Dwayne Wade
SF: LeBron James
PF: Amare Stoudamire
C: Dwight Howard
6: Rajon Rondo
7: Paul Pierce
8: Al Horford
9: Raymond Felton
10: Ray Allen
11: Chris Bosh
12: Wilson Chandler

Missed out: Wall, Deng, Bargs, Boozer, Garnett

WEST
PG: Chris Paul
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Blake Griffin
C: Pau Gasol
6: Carmelo Anthony
7: Dirk Nowitzki
8: Deron Williams
9: Russell Westbrook
10: Monta Ellis
11: Kevin Love
12: LaMarcus Aldridge

Missed out: Duncan, ***, Gordon, Randolph, Ginobili, Nash

Jeez the West is so much better than the East it's scary. Now with Griffin added... ugh.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Felton has been playing like asshole lately and I don't think Chandler should make it. No chance KG shouldn't/doesn't make it. Joe Johnson should also make it.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't Popovich coaching? There's no way he that he doesn't pick Duncan for a reserve.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought LO might make the All-Star team this year, but the West is so ridiculously loaded at PF.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Spurs are both going to make it. The lists are MINE.

What scares me is that two of LA, Love, Ellis are going to be left out... (and maybe all three if he picks Nash)

Felton hasn't been great during the losing streak but I expect he'll be selected over Wall or Bargs for that final spot. Joe Johnson will definitely make it over Chandler. Garnett's missed a LOT of time? Maybe just two weeks? I don't remember. Four Celtics and three HEAT... ugh.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

More likely gonna be Joe Johnson over Felton and then KG over Chandler. and Four Celtics and Three Heat is better than three players from the 6th place team in the East...lol