Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmg826 View Post
Would anyone be willing to PM me the insider article about da bulls on the home page of ESPN? :D
It's by John Hollinger who isn't a big Bulls' believer. He's also not on the Rose bandwagon because of his love for PER (Rose is at 23 I believe). I'll save you the reading time and tell you that he probably says the Bulls are good, but not great and he doesn't believe they are true contenders. Even with Noah back they lack guard depth and as good as Rose is he's not a superstar who can carry a team in the playoffs.

Not that I disagree with him on us not being a top flight contender. I think we're a starting 2 guard away from that, but I like the way we're going.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Jmg826
Rookie

Jmg826 is a cocksman.Jmg826 is a cocksman.Jmg826 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
It's by John Hollinger who isn't a big Bulls' believer. He's also not on the Rose bandwagon because of his love for PER (Rose is at 23 I believe). I'll save you the reading time and tell you that he probably says the Bulls are good, but not great and he doesn't believe they are true contenders. Even with Noah back they lack guard depth and as good as Rose is he's not a superstar who can carry a team in the playoffs.

Not that I disagree with him on us not being a top flight contender. I think we're a starting 2 guard away from that, but I like the way we're going.
Haha everyone at ESPN must really hate Chicago, butyou know what they say haters wanna hate. Thanks though!
Jmg826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
But Nash is adamant about retiring as a Sun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He even said so himself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he may or may not have a NTC, if he doesn't we can certainly force his ass out

I think the Clippers is an ideal situation for him and hill maybe get Aminu back or something could certainly beat some teams

Last edited by fenikz : 01-25-2011 at 04:16 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Knicks need a rebound machine at Center in the worst way. We might be the worst rebounding team in the league.

Part of that is bc we run such a small lineup and have everybody hang out by the 3 point line (D'Antoni's crap system), and part of it is also bc Stat is a terrible rebounder and our Center Turiaf is 6 8" with heels on.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that's something you will just have to deal with under D'Antoni

Old 01-25-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

I think the Clippers is an ideal situation for him and hill maybe get Aminu back or something could certainly beat some teams
Baron Davis has really turned it on in January. I don't see them trading for Nash at this point. Wouldn't mind the Raps trading for him....finish off his career in Canada. Of course....wouldn't want to give up any major pieces for the future so ya...not gonna happen
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post

Hollinger has a PER boner because he uses it to try and disparage Kobe every chance he can get. He's the epitome of a sabersexual.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
that's something you will just have to deal with under D'Antoni
You figure though that a long rebounding machine at Center would help us out a lot wouldn't it?

...please?
Old 01-25-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I know, I'm just poking fun at you almost having a heart attack when I said Dallas should be doing everything in their power to trade for Nash.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

no clue what youre talking about, silly stoner ship me some bud

Old 01-25-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm just so happy the Knicks are relevant again. It's been so long...

I've been to the Garden 4 times already, I want to go to at least 3 more games. There's nothing like the Garden. I don't need good seats either, last 2 times I went I got the nose bleeder seats. 35 bucks a ticket, I'll take that.

Grab 4 tickets between me and 3 friends, grab some food at the arab street vender right on the side of the building, and just have have a blast acting like a fool.

I wish football games were this easy to go to. Forgetaboutit. You have to take out a 2nd mortgage to go to a football game these days.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

ya i still haven't been to the Cardinals' new stadium, used to be easy to get tickets then everyone jumped on the bandwagon, maybe next year

Old 01-25-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm a season ticket holder for the Giants (split it 3 ways, i'm not a sole owner) and I could only go to 1 game this season. We sold the rest of hte games.

The new stadiums, and in particular, the big market teams, are way overpricing their tickets. It's becoming a joke now. 2 tickets in the club section (where I have tickets) is 500 bucks!

Including 2 PS games, that's 5 grand a season. For 10 freaking games.

I couldve bought Knicks season tickets and paid 6 grand a season for 2 seats. And that's 40 something games in a good section.

And no PSL. I paid 15 grand for the PSL for my 2 seats at Giants stadium. What a joke.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they raised the prices for you because you said forgetaboutit as one word.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Around here, it is one word.

Depends how you pronounce it I guess. I grew up around Italians, bad habit of mine.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm a season ticket holder for the Giants (split it 3 ways, i'm not a sole owner) and I could only go to 1 game this season. We sold the rest of hte games.

The new stadiums, and in particular, the big market teams, are way overpricing their tickets. It's becoming a joke now. 2 tickets in the club section (where I have tickets) is 500 bucks!

Including 2 PS games, that's 5 grand a season. For 10 freaking games.

I couldve bought Knicks season tickets and paid 6 grand a season for 2 seats. And that's 40 something games in a good section.

And no PSL. I paid 15 grand for the PSL for my 2 seats at Giants stadium. What a joke.
Not only that, but you're paying for it with your tax money, too. That's just ******* ridiculous.

Word on LA radio today is that the NFL to LA train is going to start picking up a lot of steam right after a new CBA is figured out. Most responsible journalists said a reasonable expectation would be 4-5 years, but they're saying it'll happen within two. And not only that, but there's a lot of talk of eventually bringing a second team since there are two stadium proposal sites by independent companies and both have been approved. I just pray to god there are no PSLs.

They're saying the Chargers are almost a lock since there's no shot of getting them a new stadium in SD, and they figure most of the die hards would just drive an hour and a half north to go to the games anyways.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Not only that, but you're paying for it with your tax money, too. That's just ******* ridiculous.

Word on LA radio today is that the NFL to LA train is going to start picking up a lot of steam right after a new CBA is figured out. Most responsible journalists said a reasonable expectation would be 4-5 years, but they're saying it'll happen within two. And not only that, but there's a lot of talk of eventually bringing a second team since there are two stadium proposal sites by independent companies and both have been approved. I just pray to god there are no PSLs.

They're saying the Chargers are almost a lock since there's no shot of getting them a new stadium in SD, and they figure most of the die hards would just drive an hour and a half north to go to the games anyways.
I guarantee you there will be PSLs. Guarantee it. That market? Absolutely. And ticket prices will be almost as high as NY ticket prices.

That's why teams like the Vikings can't wait to leave. They get to charge a PSL AND an arm and a leg for tickets? Why stay in Minnesota where the average fan can barely afford a ticket even when it's cheap?

And they can build a big stadium that fits 80k people instead of 50k. That's 30k more seats.

Think about that. 30k more PSLs, 30k more worth of overpriced tickets.

You know that's exactly how it's gonna play out.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:28 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LAMAR ******* ODOM, with the sickest and one, in your life, that's a top play, he also made his free throw as well.

he's the 6th man of the year, also he deserves an all star bid, along with Kobe & Gasol, & best big man coming off the bench in the league, (Manu the best G)

& Shannon Brown with a hilarious no dunk haha, who cares DEFENSE BITCHES WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LO is having a great year but not a ******* chance he should make the all star team. The West is too stacked at F
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
LO is having a great year but not a ******* chance he should make the all star team. The West is too stacked at F
Pretty much. He's got sixth man of the year on lock, though.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:25 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

If Manu is still coming off the bench he certainly isn't even the favorite let alone a lock

Old 01-26-2011, 01:01 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Manu has started every game this year.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:06 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

then odom wins by default

Old 01-26-2011, 01:54 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Exactly. Manu came off the bench the last few years because his ankles were being held together with spit and gum. He's finally healthy again and playing out of his ******* mind.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:40 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From homer to homer... I think Glenn Baby Davis has a good chance at it too.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote