Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
What a ***** he passed to ball to a better 3 pt shooter who made the shot.
I think the whole thing MetSox is saying though is that, if Eddie House had MISSED the shot... then what?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember absolutely hating Eddie House. I now understand why. What a tool! But hey, we won thanks to him!
Old 01-30-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
True but lets be a honest a true superstar is not going to put the game in the hands of a guy who has hardly played. A real superstar lets himself decide the outcome of the game. 4th down and 2 for the game against a 3 man front do you really think Tom Brady is checking down to a run?

Yeah, let's compare it to football because that makes sense...

Superstars don't pass the ball to inferior role players though.

Oh

Shiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steve Kerr was the greatest 3pt shooter in the history of basketball. But yeah, let's compare him to Eddie House.

Oh.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, that play was designed to go to Kerr out of a time out because they knew Jordan was going to be doubled. Also, Jordan didn't have a wide open shot to take.

****, Kerr even says in the first 10 seconds that earlier in the series they doubled MJ and stole the ball, so this time they figured it would happen again and drew up a play for Kerr.

But yea, let's compare that to a "superstar" on the fly (aka not a drawn up play off a timeout) with a wide open 3 in a game passing it up to another player. Completely the same.

(for the record, I don't care that Lebron passed it off. I just think the comparison is hilariously ridiculous)

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Laker's defense sucks. soooooo many wide open shots for the C's
Old 01-30-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
The Laker's defense sucks. soooooo many wide open shots for the C's

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I believe he was talking about the defense of one single Laker.

:)

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

whoops.

Anyways, it's sad to see Shaq now, as a shell of his former self.

He could have went down as the greatest center to ever play the game but he had horrible work ethic.

Everyone blamed Kobe for the whole Kobe-Shaq feud when the real reason was that Shaq was lazy as **** and Kobe is/was the hardest working player in the NBA. I agree Kobe came off a little aggressive and harsh but that relationship was doomed from the start.

One instance is when Shaq came to practice late with a big bag of chips and a huge slurpee. He just didn't have it in him to become great.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Momentum swing for sure in this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm waiting for someone to try just completely not guarding Artest for the entire game and seeing how many times they can get him to shoot.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I'm waiting for someone to try just completely not guarding Artest for the entire game and seeing how many times they can get him to shoot.
I call that the Corey Brewer strategy.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-30-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I call that the Corey Brewer strategy.

I feel like you are trying so hard to make me hate you lately.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Black Mamba...

Lets go! cmon

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I feel like you are trying so hard to make me hate you lately.
I am not, I still love you. I just love making a Corey Brewer joke when I can, because he stole my name.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-30-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

god damn it lol.

Quote:
Old 01-30-2011, 08:45 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Kevin Durant...?

Quote:
I was talking to my teammate and he decided he wanted to put his 2 cents into it. I'm a quiet guy, a laid-back guy, but I'm not going to let nobody talk trash to me. He's on a good team now, so he thinks he can talk a little bit
Kevin Garnett syndrome.

Quote:
There's a lot of fake tough guys in this league and he's one of them
Quote:
I'm no punk. I wasn't even talking to him, first off. He decided to butt in and I'm not going to just let that slide, especially in our house," Durant said. "Like I said, he's not one of those guys that I look at and say, `Oh, he has a rap for talking back to guys or always getting into it.'

"No, he's a nice guy. He's not one of those guys, so I'm not going to let that type of person say something to me like that," he added.
Kevin Durant calls out Chris Bosh
Old 01-30-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a reason he has always been compared to Kevin Garnett.

KD is a boss, no one talks **** to him.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

These new NBA commercials where they have guys talking to stars back when they were in high school are so sick.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Can't wait til the next one.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any of you detroit fans catch the game last night with my knicks and wanna give me a recap? Box score makes it seem like I really should've recorded the game since gallo pulled off one of his patented 25+ points on 15 or less FGA that he seems to pull out of his ass every couple of weeks, Amar'e kept passing and Mozzie finally got some serious PT. Felton look like the chucking turd his 12 points on 13 shots would suggest?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
any of you detroit fans catch the game last night with my knicks and wanna give me a recap? Box score makes it seem like I really should've recorded the game since gallo pulled off one of his patented 25+ points on 15 or less FGA that he seems to pull out of his ass every couple of weeks, Amar'e kept passing and Mozzie finally got some serious PT. Felton look like the chucking turd his 12 points on 13 shots would suggest?
Even stat-wise 12 points on 13 shots doesn't look like chucking. But then you put it in a vaccuum context where I don't know how many FT he made.

But if it there were no FT at all, then he was accurate in the range of 4-13 to 6-13, which by virtue of all small samples stretches from excellent to atrocious.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zycho32 View Post
Even stat-wise 12 points on 13 shots doesn't look like chucking. But then you put it in a vaccuum context where I don't know how many FT he made.

But if it there were no FT at all, then he was accurate in the range of 4-13 to 6-13, which by virtue of all small samples stretches from excellent to atrocious.
I only call it chucking because what I've noticed in the games I watch is that there are certain games where Felton's not feeling it but he'll force up a good 3-4 off balance second half 3s cause he's trying to be a momentum changer that just aren't even close. When checking the box score after those games it's usually the games where he's taking more shots than he scores points provided he shot at least 10 times. Just wondering if it was one of those games where Ray went into Hero mode on a couple of possessions for no perceivable reason other than he wasn't hitting shots and wanted to turn his own momentum around.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
These new NBA commercials where they have guys talking to stars back when they were in high school are so sick.

i think the total opposite, they suck and are obviously fake

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
i think the total opposite, they suck and are obviously fake

Everyone knows they're fake....