Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd put Aldridge in before Love.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
^^ Love can only do so much to help his team.. what else can he do?

I know stats don't always tell the tale, but certain games are just insane.
He'd be an All-Star most years (and in the East this year), but when the field is THIS competitive, you gotta take into account other factors like team success.

Also, there are a lot of nights where Love racks up empty stats (in garbage time or rebounds off of his own misses). And although the All-Star game doesn't take this into account, Love is certainly not a top 12 or even top 15 player in the West.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
He'd be an All-Star most years (and in the East this year), but when the field is THIS competitive, you gotta take into account other factors like team success.

Also, there are a lot of nights where Love racks up empty stats (in garbage time or rebounds off of his own misses). And although the All-Star game doesn't take this into account, Love is certainly not a top 12 or even top 15 player in the West.
Moar of this plz.

I know some of the stats he's putting up are ridiculous, but once he has a teammate capable of actually making a shot, you'll see his numbers deflate accordingly.

That hurt to say. Cause I love me some Love.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I mean no disrespect to LA because I have undervalued him a little but at the same time Love has a hidden skill that nobody talks about which is his passing.

Not that big of a deal but I see him as a player who can pretty much do it all. Defense and I guess ball handling are his weak suits..
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah I mean no disrespect to LA because I have undervalued him a little but at the same time Love has a hidden skill that nobody talks about which is his passing.

Not that big of a deal but I see him as a player who can pretty much do it all. Defense and I guess ball handling are his weak suits..
Aldridge has carried his ****** up team to the 8th seed, all the while posting better scoring numbers and being significantly better defensively than Love.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

51-11-8 for LeBron.

Not a bad at the office.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah LeBron was hitting jumpers.. it was nuts..

I don't even know how that game came down to the last possesion, Miami was up by like 20 at least. LeBron ended up getting stripped by I think J Rich and then Ryan Anderson was the guy with the ball in his hands.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Moar of this plz.

I know some of the stats he's putting up are ridiculous, but once he has a teammate capable of actually making a shot, you'll see his numbers deflate accordingly.

That hurt to say. Cause I love me some Love.

Then why isn't Andrew Bogut averaging 15 RPG? The Bucks are the worst shooting team in the league. It's ridiculously impressive no matter what way you look at it.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:11 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love LeBron James everyone. And Jesus, Boston can pretty much put their starting out there. With the exception of the Center of course. But yeah, that actually prolly is well deserved. I hate the with a passion and all, but yeah they deserve it.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
^^ Love can only do so much to help his team.. what else can he do?

I know stats don't always tell the tale, but certain games are just insane.
...play defence

I don't really have a problem with Love not making it given the field and the fact that Pau made it as a C. I can see how LA should have possibly made it over Duncan, but I don't have that major of a problem with it as LA should likely take Yaos spot
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So no one thinks there's any chance Stern chooses Love or Aldridge?

I think Duncan could have told his coach to give them both a shot. I mean how many All-Star games does his boring ass really need to go to?

Maybe he'll fake an injury so Love gets in... that would be a nice gesture.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well... I guess that dispels the myth of Lebron James against the Orlando Dwights.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:55 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since when is the all-star game not about stats? Why should be be faulted for being on a team that gives major playing time to guys named Pekovich, Tolliver, Telfair, Flynn, Brewer, Milicic, and Ridnour? The dude just puts up stats. This is a god damn crime that he isn't in.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a terrible defensive effort on Odom's behalf.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, I hope San Antonio's plane falls down on their next trip.

I hate the Spurs.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:14 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. Antonio McDyess just gave the Spurs THREE extra possessions in the final 15 seconds including the tip-in with 0.2 seconds left to win it.

Down one.

Ginobili miss.
OREB by McDyess

Parker miss tear-drop.
McDyess fights off Gasol and Odom - out off Odom.

4 seconds left.
Duncan misses jumper with 2 seconds left.
GW tip-in by McDyess with 0.2 left...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Since when is the all-star game not about stats? Why should be be faulted for being on a team that gives major playing time to guys named Pekovich, Tolliver, Telfair, Flynn, Brewer, Milicic, and Ridnour? The dude just puts up stats. This is a god damn crime that he isn't in.
Stats can easily be skewed based on ones situation. That is pretty ******* obvious. Not to mention that he is a turrible defender.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:54 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Stats can easily be skewed based on ones situation. That is pretty ******* obvious. Not to mention that he is a turrible defender.
Steven Nash, Monta Ellis, great defenders. That need not be taken into consideration.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
This is a weak ass argument. This isn't Shareef Abdur-Rahim we're talking about here. This guy is going 21/15 on a nightly basis. In the NBA. There's a reason why no one ever does that, because there hasn't been as good a rebounder as him in a long time. If he doesn't get in, it's not because he hasn't been good, or doesn't have the numbers to get in. It's because there are plenty of other players that are equally, if not more, deserving. His stats or him being a bad defender have absolutely nothing to do with it.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:37 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Operation: All Star

FAIL!

=(

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Steven Nash, Monta Ellis, great defenders. That need not be taken into consideration.
...they didn't make the all star team either
Old 02-04-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
This is a weak ass argument. This isn't Shareef Abdur-Rahim we're talking about here. This guy is going 21/15 on a nightly basis. In the NBA. There's a reason why no one ever does that, because there hasn't been as good a rebounder as him in a long time. If he doesn't get in, it's not because he hasn't been good, or doesn't have the numbers to get in. It's because there are plenty of other players that are equally, if not more, deserving. His stats or him being a bad defender have absolutely nothing to do with it.
I've been saying that he shouldn't make it due to competition the whole time and that the West is insanely stacked at F. What I am saying is you can't just say to look at Love's stats and automatically assume he should be an all-star. The only person he possibly deserved it over was Duncan and even then Aldridge is more deserving than Love
Old 02-04-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And if he's as good as we think he is, then he'll make an All-Star team eventually. Probably next year, even.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am infatuated with Love, but his defense is terrible. Him being on the 3-44 Minnesota Timberwolves is the reason he didn't make the game.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Knicks are pretty much locked into the 6th seed. Makes the rest of the season kind of bland as a Knicks fan since I just don't see us overtaking any teams ahead of us.

I just hope we use the rest of the season to maintain our 6th rank, and give Stat and Felton enough rest so they don't fizzle out before the playoffs.

Give the bench some reps too. We have some guys who need reps.