Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Ive always said that i thought Howard would end up in L.A. after his days in Orlando. Seems like the lakers always have that big high profile big man.

With that being said, Im not a huge Howard fan so.....idk how id feel about it.
Co-sign. Although, if he played with Pau, it would allow them to cover each other's weaknesses.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can taste Carmelo Anthony.

I can ******* taste him.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I can ******* taste him.
I'm buying tickets for the 3/2 game against New Orleans or the 3/4 game against Cleveland.

It'll be Melo's first or second game if the deal is made at the deadline (2/24).

Cannot ******* wait.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I'm buying tickets for the 3/2 game against New Orleans or the 3/4 game against Cleveland.

It'll be Melo's first or second game if the deal is made at the deadline (2/24).

Cannot ******* wait.
Buy em now bc the prices will sky rocket once he's traded.

My expectations for the Knicks went from getting the 6 seed and winning 1 round in the playoffs, to **** it let's do this! if Melo comes aboard.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I can ******* taste him.
That's what she said.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
That's what she said.
In a related note, I'm a fan of La La Vasquez.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Eh, i think that's an easy one in Rose's favor. Better question would be Rose v. Howard
Howard pretty easily to be honest. Their is influx of PGs in the league today and a complete lack of Cs. Howard can singlehandily make your defence offence.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
During the Clips/Bulls game (Wednesday, I think), I saw a stat that the only team that had more than one win against the top team in the league were the Heat and Spurs at 2-3. Everyone else was 1-4/5/6. The Spurs beat the Lakers to put them at 3-3, and I dunno what Miami has been up to lately. But nobody is really playing dominant, lights-out basketball against the best teams in the league.

But the Lakers do suck against the league's top teams. We'll see how they do out of the gate after the break.
THat can't be right since the Knicks have beat both the Spurs and Heat, maybe it's just for last year's playoff teams or the teams who've won a playoff series?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Buy em now bc the prices will sky rocket once he's traded.

My expectations for the Knicks went from getting the 6 seed and winning 1 round in the playoffs, to **** it let's do this! if Melo comes aboard.
Did I miss something? Sounds like that initial trade rumor for Melo was bogus.

I also don't think we're nearly good enough to beat anyone of note even with Melo. Heat would murder us, Celtics would likely beat us, Magic would probably be a toss up..
Old 02-07-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Howard pretty easily to be honest. Their is influx of PGs in the league today and a complete lack of Cs. Howard can singlehandily make your defence offence.
Right, but down the stretch of a game, who do you want? The Magic in the 4th against the Celtics completely collapsed. Howard got shut down completely. It isn't anything new, either.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post

I also don't think we're nearly good enough to beat anyone of note even with Melo. Heat would murder us, Celtics would likely beat us, Magic would probably be a toss up..
Meaning there is a legitimate chance we get to the Eastern Conference Finals.

Not bad considering the last decade.

The HEAT would murder anyone (probably) so I don't really care about that.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so gpngc, are you just as sure Melo's gonna be a Knick like you were with Lebron?
If so, I'm pretty happy with that then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well there's one thing we know for sure, and that's that he isn't gonna be a Net...s?
Old 02-07-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sooo... I don't know much of NBA but I had a friend making some bets and he encouraged me to do it, 5 dollars is paying 60. I know its not that much but I had never made a Parlay until the super bowl. Basically I need to know what are the chances Boston wins by 5, New Orleans wins by 9, Lakers win by 4 and Golden State vs Phoenix goes under 220 points??
Xonraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post

I dunno, we could put together some good lineups for 4th quarter playoff basketball with

Felton
Fields/Melo
Gallo/Melo
Melo/Amare
Amare/Mozgov/Turiaf

We probably wouldn't be able to beat the Heat or Celtics this year, but we'd have a chance and that type of playoff run could be huge for our youngins improving even more.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 02-07-2011, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Right, but down the stretch of a game, who do you want? The Magic in the 4th against the Celtics completely collapsed. Howard got shut down completely. It isn't anything new, either.
Considering how amazing Howard is defensively as an off-ball defender I think it is much closer than you are making it out to be in the 4th quarter. Not to mention Rose is starting to shoot waaaaay too much for liking. Taking 20 shots a game at a 44.5% is just way too much for a PG
Old 02-07-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I dunno, we could put together some good lineups for 4th quarter playoff basketball with

Felton
Fields/Melo
Gallo/Melo
Melo/Amare
Amare/Mozgov/Turiaf

We probably wouldn't be able to beat the Heat or Celtics this year, but we'd have a chance and that type of playoff run could be huge for our youngins improving even more.
That would be the worst defensive front court in playoff history. They would get absolutely destroyed on the inside by every contender in the East.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
Sooo... I don't know much of NBA but I had a friend making some bets and he encouraged me to do it, 5 dollars is paying 60. I know its not that much but I had never made a Parlay until the super bowl. Basically I need to know what are the chances Boston wins by 5, New Orleans wins by 9, Lakers win by 4 and Golden State vs Phoenix goes under 220 points??
Well, not very good, lol. Parlays are very difficult to hit, but are obviously very nice to bet in small amounts.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, not very good, lol. Parlays are very difficult to hit, but are obviously very nice to bet in small amounts.
Damn :( but atleast its worth the try.
Xonraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
That would be the worst defensive front court in playoff history. They would get absolutely destroyed on the inside by every contender in the East.
*shrug* Definitely not the worst in playoff history, or even the worst of the teams to make the playoffs in the east this season, but it'd also be one of the most unstoppable teams in the league with good perimeter D and shot blocking that can force teams into turnovers and bad shots if they don't have a dominant post scorer where Carlos Boozer is the closest thing that the east would have to throw at us. *shrug* we'll see how things go this year, although I think that a Felton - Melo - Gallo - Amar'e - Mozzie lineup could give any team in the east fits defensively, wouldn't shut people down but with our offense they'd be able to get enough stops for us to make it really interesting even against the East's best this year.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-07-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
so gpngc, are you just as sure Melo's gonna be a Knick like you were with Lebron?
If so, I'm pretty happy with that then.
I will forever rue the day I was WRONG on the internet.

And to answer your question, yes.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Jmg826
Rookie

Jmg826 is a cocksman.Jmg826 is a cocksman.Jmg826 is a cocksman.

Any ESPN insiders want to post the best in the east article pleaseee?
Jmg826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
*shrug* Definitely not the worst in playoff history, or even the worst of the teams to make the playoffs in the east this season, but it'd also be one of the most unstoppable teams in the league with good perimeter D and shot blocking that can force teams into turnovers and bad shots if they don't have a dominant post scorer where Carlos Boozer is the closest thing that the east would have to throw at us. *shrug* we'll see how things go this year, although I think that a Felton - Melo - Gallo - Amar'e - Mozzie lineup could give any team in the east fits defensively, wouldn't shut people down but with our offense they'd be able to get enough stops for us to make it really interesting even against the East's best this year.
Gallo is not a bad defender.

The perimeter D is pretty solid.

And Amare helps out defensively pretty well. He just never boxes out for some reason.

It's also possible that Carmelo turns up the intensity a) playing at the Garden and b) playing at the Garden in the ************* playoffs. His play this season has definitely been affected by all the rumors. I think it's possible he steps his game up after the trade (if/when it happens).

I don't know. In a seven game series the Knicks could shoot 55% on the road and steal a game against a team like the Celtics. It's possible.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
What team would have a worst defensive frontcourt than Gallo-Melo-Amare?

All the elite teams have very good scoring big men(KG,Horford,Bosh,Boozer,Howard would still easily put up 25) who would destroy that frountcourt. Mozgov is really not good. I understand he has improved since the beginning of the year(where he was unplayable) but even a guy like Perkins or Shaq would have their way with him Not to mention I highly doubt Melo could guard D-Wade or chase Allen through screens
Old 02-07-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know. In a seven game series the Knicks could shoot 55% on the road and steal a game against a team like the Celtics. It's possible.
Shooting 55% in the playoffs against the Celtics on the road? I mean sure it's possible....but it is really really really ******* unlikely. The Celtics are built for the playoffs. The Celtics have ridiculous big man depth to destroy the Knicks down low and stil ahve Rondo,Allen and Pierce