Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Become a Heat fan, thats where its at. 7 in a row with TWO MVP candidates.
Can we start calling them the evil empire yet?
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
How about Devil's threesome?

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:56 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Rockets just lost at home...to the Wolves...who were without Darko and Beasley.

Why do you do this to me Rockets? WHY????????????????

Oh and if everyone wants Aaron Brooks I would gladly trade you him for a bag of chips. He has ******* lost his mojo and playing like a shitless scrub.
Second win in a row!!!!!!! On the road!!!!!!

But yeah you should be totally embarrassed.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:01 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
5 year Lakers plan:

Trade for Melo
Sign Dwight Howard
Sign Derek Rose
Trade for Griffin

Dominate the world.
a) I would cry.

b) Never gonna happen.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's hard to say in today's NBA but if I had to pick a young guy who I think is with his team for life it would be Rose or Durant. Neither is going anywhere anytime soon.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KD will play through his extension, but don't be surprised at the influence Nike might have over him.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
KD will play through his extension, but don't be surprised at the influence Nike might have over him.
If KD leaves then there is no hope left. KD is the last glimmering hope for humanity in the NBA
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:26 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If KD leaves then there is no hope left. KD is the last glimmering hope for humanity in the NBA
Ultimately i think he re-ups with OKC (so long as him and Russ stay together), but you have to think that the head Nike honchos will want to move him to a more marketable location. I think he cares too much about winning and the loyalty to his team to ever leave, but i'm sure he'll entertain the idea.

KD is the last hope for humanity in the NBA though, that is correct. You can throw Derrick Rose in there, cause he seems like a very nice kid, and he's most likely a downsie so he has no idea that there's life outside of Chicago.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:42 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, u can go ahead. Cavs and Raptor fans have permission.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wolves win without Beasley and Darko. I am in shock.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:49 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I love me some Kevin Love. I know (or at least perceive) that he is a great guy and a very smart guy. However, this just irked me when reading the recap of the Wolves game last night...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=310208010

Quote:
HOUSTON -- Kevin Love was a little annoyed when he glanced at the scoreboard in the second half of Tuesday's game in Houston and realized he was still short of his usual double-double.

He finished with a big fourth quarter to set a Minnesota record with his 38th consecutive double-double, scoring 20 points and grabbing 14 rebounds in the Timberwolves' 112-108 win over the Rockets.

"I'm not going to lie to you," Love said. "In this one, I was aware, because when you look straight ahead, I kept looking up and trying to get the score. I knew if I had the time, eventually, I was going to get it. It wasn't bugging me too much."
He did say "It wasn't bugging me too much," and it could be just BSPN spin (I really hope so).

But the Wolves, at least according to the box score, were losing in the 3rd quarter or at the very least it was a close game, when this scenario took place. So during a close game in which the Wolves may have been losing, Kevin Love was looking at the scoreboard and was focusing more on the fact that he hadn't gotten his double double yet, rather than the fact that his team was in a dogfight that they might have been losing?

Again, I'm leaning toward BSPN stretching it by saying he was annoyed, and I hope I'm right in that Love isn't that type of player, but it just rubbed me the wrong way. I'm sure this isn't the case, but his answer just makes it seem like he was focusing more on his stat line than the score.

/paranoid rant over a player that is actually awesome.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:07 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Actually, i like that he saw that his performance could use a lift, and the Wolves ended up with a big 4th quarter to help them win. Kevin Love can do no wrong in my book.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Actually, i like that he saw that his performance could use a lift, and the Wolves ended up with a big 4th quarter to help them win. Kevin Love can do no wrong in my book.
Yea, I know I'm just worrying over nothing, I just got scared that someone so awesome might be falling into line with the rest of what professional sports has become.

I would rather have had him answer that he realized he needed to step up his game to make sure they win, or something, but again, I'm just making a big deal over nothing.

Crisis averted.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I swear to god if the Andrew Bynum fetish prevents Melo from coming to LA I will break things. How could this even be a question...

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=6101304
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Screw LA!

We need him in NY!
Old 02-09-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so does denver really think:

Bynum> Harris, Favors, 3 1sts, getting rid of Chauncey's contract?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:58 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happens when LA meets Boston in the Finals again and this time Perk, Shaq, The Jermaine, and KG dominate the Lakers bigs?
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I swear to god if the Andrew Bynum fetish prevents Melo from coming to LA I will break things. How could this even be a question...

Hey, you're alive. And they would still probably need to sign some sort of useful big man to take some fouls in the playoffs, but yes they should absolutely do this. Immediately.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Lakers get Melo...i would almost guarantee no 3-peat. I would bet a 1 and done in the playoffs.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
so does denver really think:

Bynum> Harris, Favors, 3 1sts, getting rid of Chauncey's contract?
Yes get over it and move on already. Carmelo didn't want to go to the Nets and a deal couldn't get done.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post

Kind of how I feel. Bynum is good, but has the potential to be better.

Melo is a stud already, an he's young. And if the Howard to LA rumors hold any truth, there really is no reason to keep Bynum.

Lakers with Melo would score 130 every single game, lol.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Yes get over it and move on already. Carmelo didn't want to go to the Nets and a deal couldn't get done.
i'm glad you did absolutely no homework and are 100% wrong. but no, it's cool. The deal not getting done was all on the Nuggets wanting a 4th pick and the Nets to take Harrington's salary
also, I made it pretty known that I was happier that we didn't make the deal.
but hey, keep bitching about the Nets. I mean, having the 2nd to worst record in the NBA over the past 12 seasons brings a bit of bitterness, I get it.

oh, and what's wrong? Miami stole Lebron from you? Now the Lakers might steal 'melo? OH NOES!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, and I might sound like a bad fan for this but it's just my opinion, I'd give up a championship this year for the chance to to win multiple ones in the upcoming years.

This team isn't playing like a championship team right now. The team will rebuild sooner rather than later. I'd much rather have a centerpiece in Melo who could help us this year an really eas the transition to the next great team.

Because make no mistake, the Buss' will do whatever it takes to land a couple superstars after this team is dismantled.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 02-09-2011, 02:02 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Carmelo was never going to the Nets. Ever. No one wants to go play on that dog **** team.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i'm glad you did absolutely no homework and are 100% wrong. but no, it's cool. The deal not getting done was all on the Nuggets wanting a 4th pick and the Nets to take Harrington's salary
also, I made it pretty known that I was happier that we didn't make the deal.
but hey, keep bitching about the Nets. I mean, having the 2nd to worst record in the NBA over the past 12 seasons brings a bit of bitterness, I get it.

oh, and what's wrong? Miami stole Lebron from you? Now the Lakers might steal 'melo? OH NOES!
Yeah, IMO Denver ****** up big time in not taking the Nets' deal. Though I think Melo wouldn't have wanted to go to NJN (sorry Scotty :S)

And if the Lakers do steal Melo, the Knicks are screwed. They lose out on both their top targets in one year. Only guy left to target would be Chris Paul.

Props to clover_jeez!