Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i've never said either way if melo would or wouldnt have come to the Nets, you know why? because it never got that far. if people checked their facts, they would have known this. the reason the Denver-Nets deal died was because Denver wanted a kings ransom, and the Nets walked away. it's literally as simple as that, and that is the only point I brought up with my post. But instantly, ignorance starts flying with "TEH NETS SUCK LOLZ MELO HATES YOU AND WOULDNT GO THERE U MAD LOLZ". it get annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i'm glad you did absolutely no homework and are 100% wrong. but no, it's cool. The deal not getting done was all on the Nuggets wanting a 4th pick and the Nets to take Harrington's salary
also, I made it pretty known that I was happier that we didn't make the deal.
but hey, keep bitching about the Nets. I mean, having the 2nd to worst record in the NBA pver the past 12 seasons brings a bit of bitterness, I get it.

oh, and what's wrong? Miami stole Lebron from you? Now the Lakers might steal 'melo? OH NOES!
I am actual not wrong but keep living in your fantasy land Scotty. I guess thats why your 1st attempt fell through with Charlotte right cause of Al Harrington right and draft picks? and I guess the reason that Melo didn't want to even meet with your team after you supposedly get rights to talk to him was cause of a draft pick right?

Funny how 1 day after you get rights to talk to him and then the next day you pull out of discussions hmmm that seems odd I wonder what could have possible changed. I mean everyone loves playing for the Nets.

Now even you cant be stupid enough to believe a team would go to get rights to talk to a player about a contract without agreeing to parameters of a trade.

Miami didn't steal Lebron from the Knicks so ok your point is what? I also could care less if Melo goes to the Lakers.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i've never said either way if melo would or wouldnt have come to the Nets, you know why? because it never got that far. if people checked their facts, they would have known this. the reason the Denver-Nets deal died was because Denver wanted a kings ransom, and the Nets walked away. it's literally as simple as that, and that is the only point I brought up with my post. But instantly, ignorance starts flying with "TEH NETS SUCK LOLZ MELO HATES YOU AND WOULDNT GO THERE U MAD LOLZ". it get annoying.
I wasn't trying to say The Nets sucks LOL that wasn't my point when I quoted your post. I am just sick of hearing about omg that Nets deal was so good he should be a Net every time there is the slightest new Melo rumor. The reason Melo isn't a Net has nothing to do was what the Nets were offering. The Nets wouldn't be that much better then they are now had the deal went down.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
so does denver really think:

Bynum> Harris, Favors, 3 1sts, getting rid of Chauncey's contract?
Bynum is just the centerpiece. I would imagine that either Odom and/or Artest would get flipped for picks or a third team would be involved. Bynum by himself can't be enough.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bynum sucks.

At least Chandler will play 75% of the games in a season. Bynum will play half.

What good is he when he's never healthy?
Old 02-09-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Bynum sucks.

When the 50% he plays are after the AS break and the playoffs, he's a lot of good.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post

Miami didn't steal Lebron from the Knicks so ok your point is what? I also could care less if Melo goes to the Lakers.
How the **** would you not care if Melo goes to the Lakers. Getting Melo(along with CP3) is the only chance the Knicks have of getting a championship anytime soon.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
How the **** would you not care if Melo goes to the Lakers. Getting Melo(along with CP3) is the only chance the Knicks have of getting a championship anytime soon.
haha agreed.. the Knicks are certainly a playoff team right this second.

What makes you think you can win a ship without another go to guy?
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I am not a huge Melo fan so if he ended up going to the Lakers it would not be the end of the world to me. Also I think it would be better if the Knicks added a natural SG and a Center then yet another SF with a big contract is the better direction for the team.

How are the Knicks going to get CP3? A) If we get Melo we wont have the cap room to give CP3 a max in Fa in 2012 B) Why would the NBA owned Hornets trade CP3 to the Knicks especially when don't have the pieces to aquire him in a trade?
Old 02-09-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bynum sucks.

A healthy Bynum is a elite center in this league....thats what the nuggets are taking a chance on. If he gets hurt again, they dont pick up his option, simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
A healthy Bynum is a elite center in this league....thats what the nuggets are taking a chance on. If he gets hurt again, they dont pick up his option, simple as that.
I get it. I just don't agree with it. Expecting Bynum to be healthy is like expecting Carson Palmer to be healthy.

He's done.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I am not a huge Melo fan so if he ended up going to the Lakers it would not be the end of the world to me. Also I think it would be better if the Knicks added a natural SG and a Center then yet another SF with a big contract is the better direction for the team.

How are the Knicks going to get CP3? A) If we get Melo we wont have the cap room to give CP3 a max in Fa in 2012 B) Why would the NBA owned Hornets trade CP3 to the Knicks especially when don't have the pieces to aquire him in a trade?
I would also rather have CP3 than Melo.

But to be fair, it would just be another wild goose chase. Let's just get a guy while we can. There's no guarantee that CP3 comes here. Melo is the best chance we have of adding another star to the team.

We can always trade Gallo and Felton and some other pieces for CP3 later. We'll still have plenty of pieces for a CP3 trade if this Melo deal goes down.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

But to be fair, it would just be another wild goose chase. Let's just get a guy while we can. There's no guarantee that CP3 comes here. Melo is the best chance we have of adding another star to the team.

We can always trade Gallo and Felton and some other pieces for CP3 later. We'll still have plenty of pieces for a CP3 trade if this Melo deal goes down.
Isn't Felton on a two year contract? He won't have much value in the trade market
Old 02-09-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Isn't Felton on a two year contract? He won't have much value in the trade market
Sign and trade?
Old 02-09-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Sign and trade?
What would be the point in doing a sign and trade? Not like the Hornets would be over the cap or Felton would be demanding the max
Old 02-09-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I am personally more of a Deron Williams guy then Paul.

I am not trying to advocate don't make a deal for Melo if one can be made but I don't want to make an Isiah Thomas type deal for him that sets this team back more then it brings us closer to a title.

The NBA isn't going to give Chris Paul away they have no choice but to build that franchise around him. I doubt they are trading him for Felton + w/e combo of Fields, Gallo, Turiaf and w/e else would be left on our roster. The Hornets already have $ problems the NBA wouldn't make it even worse by dumping their best asset so their would be yet another formation of a big 3.

Last edited by LTgiants : 02-09-2011 at 04:09 PM.
LTgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
What would be the point in doing a sign and trade? Not like the Hornets would be over the cap or Felton would be demanding the max
maaaan i don't know!
Old 02-09-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea BBD there's no way to acquire CP3 and 'Melo unless at least one of them came via FA. and that's if you could afford them with STAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I rather have CP3 or Derron Williams then to be honest.

Derron and Stat on the pick and roll would be unbelievable.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:19 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we stop disrespecting Felt.

I know CP3 is worlds better yada yada yada but he has played great this year.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:26 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott Skiles is starting to piss me off hardcore. I appreciate good defense as much as anybody (except Skiles) but can we push the pace a little? This isn't the frickin Big 10, it's the NBA. We play such a slow half court game, I don't know why we don't play inside out like last year. Of course it doesn't help when your point guard goes 9-24 from the field and 1-6 from 3. Hopefully it's just Brandon getting his legs back under him.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
Scott Skiles is starting to piss me off hardcore. I appreciate good defense as much as anybody (except Skiles) but can we push the pace a little? This isn't the frickin Big 10, it's the NBA. We play such a slow half court game, I don't know why we don't play inside out like last year. Of course it doesn't help when your point guard goes 9-24 from the field and 1-6 from 3. Hopefully it's just Brandon getting his legs back under him.
Welcome to the Bulls about 3 years ago.

Skiles is a good coach for a young, developing team. But that's about it. He can't take a team any further really.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best dream scenario pickup for the Knicks, I feel, would be Dwight Howard. Put him with Amare Stoudemire and win rings. Just hold on Knicks, be satisfied with two playoff seasons and then hit the jackpot.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
The best dream scenario pickup for the Knicks, I feel, would be Dwight Howard. Put him with Amare Stoudemire and win rings. Just hold on Knicks, be satisfied with two playoff seasons and then hit the jackpot.
Dwight wants to be a Laker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:43 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post

9/24 is pretty much exactly at his career FG %.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote